Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today our #FestiveFive looks back at 5️⃣ cracking Charlton lobs, including one bagged in SE7 earlier

Comments

• Options
    I take it there’s no footage of Leaburn lobbing Peter Shilton at the old Baseball Ground. Definitely a highlight.

@guinnessaddick you’re better at remembering things than me. How’d it go?? :wink:
  • Options
    Huh? A group of lobbed goals by Charlton players and the most sublime, magnificent piece of skill imaginable is left off the list?

It's like a list of England's best ever World Cup results, without including the 66 WC Final.

How can they have a list of lobs without Claus Jensen's beautiful piece of poetry at Highbury?
  • Options
    Yanns goal is still amazing
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Huh? A group of lobbed goals by Charlton players and the most sublime, magnificent piece of skill imaginable is left off the list?

It's like a list of England's best ever World Cup results, without including the 66 WC Final.

How can they have a list of lobs without Claus Jensen's beautiful piece of poetry at Highbury?

Always thought a lob was when it bounced and you lifted it over the keeper whereas if it's on the floor like jensen (or Suker v Schmeical in Euro 96) it's a chip.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

It was in top 5 chip goals a few days back
  • Options
    I'd hardly call David Whyte's goal a lob, even though I do remember him scoring one or two exquisite lobs.
  • Options

Chizz said:

Always thought a lob was when it bounced and you lifted it over the keeper whereas if it's on the floor like jensen (or Suker v Schmeical in Euro 96) it's a chip.
    I have never heard of that distinction. But it seems a good enough one to excuse the omission.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yanns was pure genius, anyone else (apart from DiCanio / Jensen) and you would think it was just luck.
  • Options
    lob and chip two entirely different things (as is a dink, which is a variation on a chip based on the relative height of the ball). Don't get me started on the difference between a ping and a strike...
  • Options
    Not sure that differentiation is strictly correct. Beckhams goal against Wimbledon was undoubtedly a lob and I’ve never heard anyone refer to that as a chip.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A chip is a lob and anyone who disagrees is a moron.
  • Options
    Lob means lob
  • Options
    A lob on is a rock on and anyone who disagrees or agrees Merry Fucking Christmas