Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Dinner 2018

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018
    The annual ham cook off between

Mrs NLA
    @Brunello
    @northstandsteve

Will be underway soon ,

Dinner Christmas Day for 7

Roast turkey
    Mrs NLA ham (the best )
    4 rib of beef
    Roast spuds
    Roast snips
    Brussels fried with lardons and this year with marmite
    Swede and carrot mash
    Cauliflower cheese
    Yourkshires
    Sage and onion stuffing

Home made gravy
  • Options
    Yorkshire puddings??
    Blasphemy!
  • Options

Burger and chips maybe

Not in the microwave though Paulie 😉
  • Options

Burger and chips maybe

May havevto be if no local takeaways open(or money is short) may have to grab a rustlers burger
  • Options
    Roast Turkey and beef.
    Pork and cider stuffing
    Carrots and parsnips roasted with garlic & rosemary and a honey glaze
    Brussels with smokey bacon and horse chestnuts
    Peas.
    Pigs in blankets.
    Roast potatoes.
  • Options

Not too many sprouts for us, I fear. My wife thought she had ordered one pack of sprouts from Ocado when, in fact, she ordered one sprout which they duly delivered at a cost of £0.04p

One too many!
  • Options

Burger and chips maybe

May havevto be if no local takeaways open(or money is short) may have to grab a rustlers burger
    Cheese goes on after the burgers been microwaved, that’s the golden rule of Rustlers burgers.
  • Options
    At home for Christmas. Mrs is working Christmas Day but is off On Boxing Day so the main turkey and trimmings feast is shifting one day later. For the 25th having a boned, stuffed and rolled duck roasted with the standard veggies.
    I usually do the majority of cooking anyway due to the other half’s shifts - but we will probably balance the load on Boxing Day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cooking for 7. Love it. Non stop drinking as you go along.

Stuffed turkey crown from Villagers Sausages Beckenham and chipolatas.

Veg and sides : potatoes and parsnips roasted in goose fat, mash potatoes with plenty of butter and a bit of cream, carrots well boiled with a bit of butter, sprouts fried with sweet nuts and a bit of pancetta and lea perrins, sweet corn, broccoli, gravy made from the stock with veg water and granules and wine, cranberry sauce, apple sauce, baked cauliflower with a bit of cream and a load of mozzarella.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

First of this years black pudding scotch egg batch -

image/>

That looks awesome
  • Options

image/>

That looks really nice :smiley:
  • Options

image/>

Looks good mate
  • Options

image/>

Do you do mail order?
  • Options
    Christmas Eve, I’m treating the family to a curry. Christmas Day, a leisurely start to the day followed by a five course Christmas lunch at a pub in Shipbourne. Boxing Day is lunch with my son followed by watching Charlton on IFollow and then I head to Bath for a few days culimating with a hospitality package at the Rec for Bath Rugby vs Leicester Tigers. A perfect Christmas if you ask me. Hassle free ....
  • Options
    First time in 30 years I won’t be with my parents on Christmas Day. Turkey and all the trimmings at the in laws.
  • Options
    We're going on the Southwark Cyclists annual cycle on Christmas Day so we'll have our dinner on Boxing Day.
    Which will be a Cashew, pecan, hazelnut, almond and mushroom tray bake.
    With roast spuds, parsnips, swede, sprouts, carrots and peas, roast onion and gravy. Possibly yorkies if I have time.
    Home made xmas pud with ice cream.
  • Options
    At A combination of Mum’s and her partners houses up in. Warwickshire village with 7 of us for Christmas lunch.

Always have pork pie and toast for breakfast, just picked ours up from Drings. Bottle of pink fizz.

Lunch will be turkey, pigs in blankets, two types of stuffing, roast turnips, roast pots, red cabbage and apple, green veg and carrots. Maybe some more exciting veg options, not discussed with Mum.

Have some very nice sherry, red and white wine just bought from Theatre of Wine, taking a case in total but probably won’t drink it all Christmas Day. Have a 2015 late harvest Tokaji for desert which will be Christmas pud, and or fruit salad, trifle, probably another.

Tea will be cold cuts, cheese, port and the remains of the puddings from earlier.

Similar Boxing Day at Dad’s but more likely to be beef with turkey if you want it. Have really nice Burgundy for his place as he likes a decent wine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    11 at our table, 3 of my family and 8 friends. I'm doing most of the cooking

Rib of beef, medium rare, stuffed butternut squash for the veggies
    Spuds, parsnips , brocolli, sprouts, red cabbage, carrots, yorkies. Madeira gravy
    Leoville Poyferre 2008 and Rioja Alta reserva 2012 to wash it down

Chocolate hazelnut cake

Cheeses
  • Options
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    We are hosting
    10 of us including 3 children and a baby

Pate

Turkey with all the trimmings (no Brussels for me)
    Couple of bottles of Bordeaux and some Chablis to quaff

Christmas pud with lashings of brandy sauce

Evening will consist of cold meats, tons of cheese and Port
    And some more wine

Then the board games will commence.....

Bloody love Christmas

• Options
    Addickted said:

Food

Oysters with beef and horseradish jelly
    Carpaccio of hand dived scallops with truffle vinaigrette
    Goose breast with goose leg sausage roll, kale and cranberry relish
    Christmas pudding sundae
    Cheeses: Vintage Cheddar, Somerset Brie, Blue Stilton, Smoked German

Drinks

Cocktail - Le Coup D’etat – elderflower, port and champagne cocktail
    Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc
    Terre da Vino Barolo Riserva
    2011 Taylor Fladgate Vintage Port

But you've never heard of a kir?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Lass & me with me cooking roast rib of beef with roast tats & nips, carrots, a few sprouts for me and french beans followed by Asda Christmas pud with cream, custard and homemade brandy butter, all washed down with a bottle of champers.
  • Options
    Hit the jackpot again with my wife’s cousin coming around with all the grub for the twenty guests.

He runs his own catering company and basically treats it like another gig so puts on a massive spread of seafood, meats, salads and then desserts and cheeses.

All I need to do is supply the booze and set the table.

Result.