Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most annoying/arrogant/ignorant fan base?

12346»

Comments

• Redskin said:

stonemuse said:

Redskin said:

I see my ' I don't hate Palace' post has been censored.
    'kin laughable.

If that’s the case, it seems rather ridiculous on a forum.

I certainly didn’t agree with it but deletion seems a step too far even if it was a windup.
    It wasn't a wind-up, I don't hate Palace.When a small, unfashionable club - much like ourselves - gives it to the big boys or avoids relegation, I say well done them.
    Sorry mate, added to the flag collection.

Happy New Year and no hard feelings I hope.
  • Chelsea are the most hated team in the Premier League.

A survey by the Mirror and its sister titles asked fans of each club whether they love, hate or are indifferent to each current top flight side apart from their own.

The view of fans of each Premier League club were given equal weighting in drawing up the results, no matter how many voted, to keep the overall table fair.

Chelsea came out as the most hated team, but only just.

Only a fraction of a percent separated the west London club from the next most hated team, Manchester United.

On average, 68.7% of fans said they hated Chelsea compared to 68.1% for United.
    Liverpool are the third most hated team (52.8%), while West Ham (47.6%) and Arsenal (46.2%) complete the top five.

The survey also asked which clubs fans loved, with Burnley coming out top.

An average of 35.8% of fans said they loved the Clarets who were followed by Bournemouth (32.9%), Huddersfield (30.2%), Manchester City (28.3%), Newcastle (27.1%) and Fulham (also 27.1%).

Most hated Premier League teams
    Club // Average of hate percentages

Chelsea // 68.7
    Man Utd // 68.1
    Liverpool // 52.8
    West Ham // 47.6
    Arsenal // 46.2
    Tottenham // 43.5
    Man City // 38.7
    Cardiff // 36.5
    Crystal Palace // 29.7
    Everton // 27.0
    Watford // 24.0
    Newcastle // 23.5
    Wolves // 20.1
    Leicester // 18.9
    Southampton // 16.3
    Brighton // 16.2
    Fulham // 15.0
    Burnley // 13.3
    Bournemouth // 10.2
    Huddersfield // 9.7
  • I gotta say, I do love that football has had a rapid spread in popularity here in the states but mixing the arrogance of Americans with support for one of the big clubs has created quite the shitshow. I can't tell you how many Man United fans I've met who claim support for them and in all likelihood havent even watched them on tv! Talk to them about their CL results? They didnt realize that they played. Real Madrid the same way here. Massive amounts of blind loyalty because thats the only team they know. If Man U is the only football you know, then you'll never know shit about the game.

I almost regret turning my mates onto the game because they are as follows
    Man U
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Newcastle
    Huddersfield (weird but I can't slate him for going outside the box because obviously I lumped myself into you lot ;)

The Man U mate and his Gf have bought tickets to a game in January and will be seeing them live so fair play to them.

He is the only genuine Man U fan I've ever met. It will probably stay that way

A survey by the Mirror and its sister titles asked fans of each club whether they love, hate or are indifferent to each current top flight side apart from their own.

The view of fans of each Premier League club were given equal weighting in drawing up the results, no matter how many voted, to keep the overall table fair.

Only a fraction of a percent separated the west London club from the next most hated team, Manchester United.

Liverpool are the third most hated team (52.8%), while West Ham (47.6%) and Arsenal (46.2%) complete the top five.

An average of 35.8% of fans said they loved the Clarets who were followed by Bournemouth (32.9%), Huddersfield (30.2%), Manchester City (28.3%), Newcastle (27.1%) and Fulham (also 27.1%).

Chelsea // 68.7
    Man Utd // 68.1
    Liverpool // 52.8
    West Ham // 47.6
    Arsenal // 46.2
    Tottenham // 43.5
    Man City // 38.7
    Cardiff // 36.5
    Crystal Palace // 29.7
    Everton // 27.0
    Watford // 24.0
    Newcastle // 23.5
    Wolves // 20.1
    Leicester // 18.9
    Southampton // 16.3
    Brighton // 16.2
    Fulham // 15.0
    Burnley // 13.3
    Bournemouth // 10.2
    Huddersfield // 9.7

That list sounds about right (nationally). I imagine the Olympic stadium saga has pushed West Ham up
  • Why are Cardiff so high up in the list? Because they are a Welsh club? I must say I did wonder why the Premier League would let Cardiff and Swansea join in.
  • Cardiff also have some pretty scummy fans.
  • Leeds will be pretty high up next years list if they get promotion.
  • But 'we all love Leeds, we all love Leeds' repeat until the world ends.
  • Why are Cardiff so high up in the list? Because they are a Welsh club? I must say I did wonder why the Premier League would let Cardiff and Swansea join in.

Historically, Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrexham have always played in the English system, dating back to the 19th century. The Welsh league is quite a recent thing. Merthyr Tydfil used to be in the English system as well but I think they went bust a few years ago.

There is a club based in England, Berwick Rangers, who play in the Scottish system. And I think The New Saints who play in the Welsh system are actually based in Oswestry, a town on the English side of the border. I think Chester's ground has one corner in Wales as well.
  • Sponsored links:

Chelsea // 68.7
    Man Utd // 68.1
    Liverpool // 52.8
    West Ham // 47.6
    Arsenal // 46.2
    Tottenham // 43.5
    Man City // 38.7
    Cardiff // 36.5
    Crystal Palace // 29.7
    Everton // 27.0
    Watford // 24.0
    Newcastle // 23.5
    Wolves // 20.1
    Leicester // 18.9
    Southampton // 16.3
    Brighton // 16.2
    Fulham // 15.0
    Burnley // 13.3
    Bournemouth // 10.2
    Huddersfield // 9.7

Suspect they only asked Prem fans or there's no way Palace would be so low. Everyone hates em, although Arsenal/Spurs fans I know feign indifference and AFC Wimbledon fans claim there's no room to hate anyone apart from MK Dons.
    A few more choice dives when the big boys play the Nigels and the hatred will only grow.
  • Scum would be well up there , more pond life filth per fan than any club
  • rananegra said:

Chelsea are the most hated team in the Premier League.

Chelsea // 68.7
    Man Utd // 68.1
    Liverpool // 52.8
    West Ham // 47.6
    Arsenal // 46.2
    Tottenham // 43.5
    Man City // 38.7
    Cardiff // 36.5
    Crystal Palace // 29.7
    Everton // 27.0
    Watford // 24.0
    Newcastle // 23.5
    Wolves // 20.1
    Leicester // 18.9
    Southampton // 16.3
    Brighton // 16.2
    Fulham // 15.0
    Burnley // 13.3
    Bournemouth // 10.2
    Huddersfield // 9.7

Suspect they only asked Prem fans or there's no way Palace would be so low. Everyone hates em, although Arsenal/Spurs fans I know feign indifference and AFC Wimbledon fans claim there's no room to hate anyone apart from MK Dons.
    A few more choice dives when the big boys play the Nigels and the hatred will only grow.
    I doubt many fans outside London will be that bothered by palace, Millwall will be more hated due to their reputation