Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most annoying/arrogant/ignorant fan base?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018
    JohnBoyUK said:

Leuth said:

Might be a generational thing but I know quite a lot of Spurs fans and they're pretty level-headed tbh. But then I guess they've only ever known failure (until recently)

I think we're about the same age and most of the spurs fans I know are right bellends.

I can think of two exceptions, @Carter 's mate and @JohnBoyUK
    Are Spurs a big club? 2 leagues titles, 8 FA cups, 4 league cups and 3 major european trophies says we are.

I rest my case.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Charlton

When we got relegated to the 3rd division under Parkinson, some of the comments on this forum when we were playing "small" clubs were in pretty much the same vain as much of what is commented on in this thread.

I have no doubt that supporters from other clubs saw us (collectively) as a bunch of tossers.

Perhaps we should accept that all clubs have some tossers, and some clubs have many - the bigger the club, the more tossers, and this comes through in arrogance.

There are, of course, obvious exceptions to this. I can think of two local clubs, both of whom are small, both of whom are dominated by tossers...
  • Options

Charlton

When we got relegated to the 3rd division under Parkinson, some of the comments on this forum when we were playing "small" clubs were in pretty much the same vain as much of what is commented on in this thread.

I have no doubt that supporters from other clubs saw us (collectively) as a bunch of tossers.

Perhaps we should accept that all clubs have some tossers, and some clubs have many - the bigger the club, the more tossers, and this comes through in arrogance.

There are, of course, obvious exceptions to this. I can think of two local clubs, both of whom are small, both of whom are dominated by tossers...

Agreed - it often depends on who you spend time with.
    At school, I thought the West Ham fans were jerks, but Palace were the absolute worst. Millwall fans, although they occasionally trotted out their adorable "We're well 'ard" lines, were often nice people. @Stu_of_Kunming don't know if you agree with this?

As a primary school teacher now, it's interesting seeing which clubs are popular. Lots of Arsenal, Man Utd, more Chelsea than there used to be, Liverpool, one or two Spurs. And now Man City are starting to make an appearance.
  • Options

Charlton

Agreed - it often depends on who you spend time with.
    At school, I thought the West Ham fans were jerks, but Palace were the absolute worst. Millwall fans, although they occasionally trotted out their adorable "We're well 'ard" lines, were often nice people. @Stu_of_Kunming don't know if you agree with this?

As a primary school teacher now, it's interesting seeing which clubs are popular. Lots of Arsenal, Man Utd, more Chelsea than there used to be, Liverpool, one or two Spurs. And now Man City are starting to make an appearance.
    The only people I can think of right now are Dan (Palalce) and Scott (Wall) both of who were nice people, so yeah, I agree.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

stonemuse said:

Leuth said:

Shocked and amazed by everyone saying Spurs. Like...what? Why?

If you don’t know, then you haven’t met any.
    Leuth said:

Shocked and amazed by everyone saying Spurs. Like...what? Why?

Leuth.....you should have read their old Spurs netRivals message board, I am going back around 10 years ago now.
    It was a total clussterfuck and was the most bizarre football message board in the history of mankind......I have an idea that many of the posters in this thread will be remembering that and it will have made a lasting impression of what the average Spurs fans mind set was/is.
    Just think of some of the nut-nuts you find posting on one or two of the other Addicks message boards, multiply that by 100 and you still wouldn’t come close to the bedlam, anarchy and sheer madness that was created on that site.
    As I’ve said.....I think that memory will remain with many of us older web posters.....it certainly has mine!

• Options

Imagine the crowing from Spurs fans if they won it .
    Shudder the thought .
    As you were .....

I love Claudio Ranieri.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Will revise mine to say Liverpool. The number of people I have seen with zero connection to Merseyside and who never talk about football now banging on about being top of the table is nausea-inducing. Where were these 'fans' when they were losing 6-1 against Stoke?
  • Options

Tough, this. Tend to agree Chelsea, but a very good mate was a fan when they were shit. Agree Palace, but, but Steve Parish.

So I'm going to throw in a curved ball, Paris St. Germain. Only formed in 1974, fans are the Millwall of Ligue 1. Well at least Millwall have a proper heritage as bellends.

Chelsea fans can be rather up themselves.

3 of of my best mates are Chelsea. Best friends a bloke could ask for....so they are alright at least. I let em off.

Chelsea are f*ckers though.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    seth plum said:

Why is this even a discussion?
    Crystal Palace who hail from the urban wasteland of Croydon say 'South London is ours'.
    They look down on others whilst existing in the mankyest stadium, in the middle of nowhere, with a plastic nickname for their plastic club culture. Remember the 'team of the eighties', or their boast about their youth system that produces one half decent player per decade.

100% this. They’re on at Brighton for being plastic now as they have a load of newbie fans since the move to the Amex, but can you get a more plastic club/fans than palace?

And then they look down their noses at us for being mindless thugs but then any talk of trouble in the ‘M23 derby’ (my god) and they get all excited and start playing with their change at a rapid rate.

They can even manage to look smug when they lose!

• Options
    Leave means leave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chunes said:

A lot of people here saying Spurs, but not explaining why. (Ok, one reference to failing to win the league for so long,)

I don’t see it myself. The spurs fans I know are generally pessimistic about their team and as a result, more realistic about their chances of winning things. Although it would annoy them, they recognise they might lose Poch to Man U or Madrid - that’s not an arrogant stance.
    In recent years, they’ve started to step out of arsenal’s shadow and they’re (quite rightly imho) rubbing that in the gooners faces, but I don’t see that as arrogant or whatever.

I do see that they have “fan of big club” syndrome, but to be fair, they are a big club and the fans of some of the other “big” clubs seem infinitely worse to me.

I’m interested to know why people are saying spurs - does it stem from a specific incident in the past?

You must be quite lucky with the spurs fans you know.

I do find it funny that every time there's a thread like this, someone pipes up to defend spurs fans.

I was watching the England v Croatia world cup game and this guy was really getting on my nerves. For example, a Croatia player drifted by Alli and Trippier like they weren't even there. I said, "Come on, that's too easy." He piped up, "Nah mate, that's good skill."

Corner comes 25 yards to Harry Kane at the far post and he mistimes his jump so it hits him on the shoulder. I say "Gotta do better with a chance like that." He says "Nah mate, it was too low."

Alli miscontrols it and it goes to a Croatia player. Someone else says something. Our man says "Nah mate, it bobbled."

And that's just the last one I met! I could go on for pages about the ones I know. But let me just summarize - they sneer viciously at the very mention of clubs they don't consider as top 5 (i.e. in the 'same league' as them). They talk about their players like they're the second coming of Christ. They are a special kind of fan.

Edit - good timing actually. London streets ‘too dirty’ for super-rich football giant Spurs

Most hated club in London.

The London fanbase were praying Leicester won the title. Not that people wanted Leicester to win it, BUT to stop totteringham from winning it.
    No way are Spurs the most hated club in London.
  • Options

Chunes said:

A lot of people here saying Spurs, but not explaining why. (Ok, one reference to failing to win the league for so long,)

I don’t see it myself. The spurs fans I know are generally pessimistic about their team and as a result, more realistic about their chances of winning things. Although it would annoy them, they recognise they might lose Poch to Man U or Madrid - that’s not an arrogant stance.
    In recent years, they’ve started to step out of arsenal’s shadow and they’re (quite rightly imho) rubbing that in the gooners faces, but I don’t see that as arrogant or whatever.

I do see that they have “fan of big club” syndrome, but to be fair, they are a big club and the fans of some of the other “big” clubs seem infinitely worse to me.

I’m interested to know why people are saying spurs - does it stem from a specific incident in the past?

I do find it funny that every time there's a thread like this, someone pipes up to defend spurs fans.

I was watching the England v Croatia world cup game and this guy was really getting on my nerves. For example, a Croatia player drifted by Alli and Trippier like they weren't even there. I said, "Come on, that's too easy." He piped up, "Nah mate, that's good skill."

Corner comes 25 yards to Harry Kane at the far post and he mistimes his jump so it hits him on the shoulder. I say "Gotta do better with a chance like that." He says "Nah mate, it was too low."

Alli miscontrols it and it goes to a Croatia player. Someone else says something. Our man says "Nah mate, it bobbled."

And that's just the last one I met! I could go on for pages about the ones I know. But let me just summarize - they sneer viciously at the very mention of clubs they don't consider as top 5 (i.e. in the 'same league' as them). They talk about their players like they're the second coming of Christ. They are a special kind of fan.

Edit - good timing actually. London streets ‘too dirty’ for super-rich football giant Spurs

The London fanbase were praying Leicester won the title. Not that people wanted Leicester to win it, BUT to stop totteringham from winning it.
    Start a poll thread!
  • Options
    Spurs would lag far behind Arsenal. Arsenal would lag far, far behind Chelsea
  • Options

Chunes said:

Spurs seem to have the most rivals, with Chelsea, Arsenal and west ham all having a genuine and deep loathing for them.

I don’t mind them personally.
  • Options
    Palace & PSG. Both have representations of overated ugly constructions on their badges for a start. As for the fans: ultras. Need i say more.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Chunes said:

Spurs seem to have the most rivals, with Chelsea, Arsenal and west ham all having a genuine and deep loathing for them.

I win!

Happy New Year @MillwallFan
  • Options

Chunes said:

I win!

Call for the men in white coats, Elfs has just offered a Spanner good wishes for 2019! I know it's the season of goodwill to all men but that is just taking things to another level :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Chunes said:

I win!

Call for the men in white coats, Elfs has just offered a Spanner good wishes for 2019! I know it's the season of goodwill to all men but that is just taking things to another level :wink:
    Anything for a beer.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

RedChaser said:

Chunes said:

I win!

Anything for a beer.
    I owe him a beer and I'll take one for the team at Wemberlee if @clb74 gets him a ticket :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Chunes said:

I win!

RedChaser said:

Chunes said:

I win!

Apart from the ones who have spat at me coming out of their toilet/gave me bent money as change, they're not too bad.

They have a healthy dislike of the feathered ones.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Forest Green and there vegan rubbish.

It’s ‘their’ you meat munching bell.

:smiley:

• Options
    Spurs are the Newcastle of the south.
    Newcastle are the Spurs of the North.
    Think they are entitled to win for some reason.
    And ‘Hotspur’ is just a double shit name for a football club.
    Oh and Palace, because they’re Palace.
  • Options
    I see my ' I don't hate Palace' post has been censored.
    'kin laughable.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

'kin laughable.

You should have had a ban slapped on you for that comment.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

'kin laughable.

If that’s the case, it seems rather ridiculous on a forum.

I certainly didn’t agree with it but deletion seems a step too far even if it was a windup.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Redskin said:

'kin laughable.

I certainly didn’t agree with it but deletion seems a step too far even if it was a windup.
    Posts are automatically removed when they receive a certain amount of flags.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Redskin said:

'kin laughable.

Posts are automatically removed when they receive a certain amount of flags.
    Ahhh didn’t know that
  • Options
    Liverpool all day! reason i cant stand the club itself because of their fans which feel they are owed something and always seem to have alot of arrogance.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Redskin said:

'kin laughable.

It wasn't a wind-up, I don't hate Palace.When a small, unfashionable club - much like ourselves - gives it to the big boys or avoids relegation, I say well done them.