Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most annoying/arrogant/ignorant fan base?

Comments

• Options
    Spurs hands down.
  • Options
    Palarse
  • Options
    For me nothing is worse than a gloating gooner. During the Invincibles run they were as unbearable as I've ever known gloating fans to be.

Newcastle fans the most deluded by a mile they seem to think they are owed a place at football's top table just because they happen to have the biggest one club city support in the country.

And as others have said, work colleagues who support Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs etc constantly referring to there teams as "us", "when we play you" etc yet not one of them has ever seen them play live. Whenever they give me Charlton stick I like to remind them that having been to Old Trafford, Anfield etc more times than them that actually makes me more of a fan of there own team than them. I've yet to have a comeback from that of any worthy note.
  • Options

1. Non match going ‘fans’ - never been, never will, know nothing

2. Liverpool- the attitude and the sense of entitlement
  • Options
    Any team that's never been relegated from the Premier Leauge. None of those fans have a clue what real football is. An now when I hear of the long suffering Man Utd or Arsenal fans ! What the fuck, go round the corner and support Barnet or Bury that's real suffering.

The top premiership clubs and their fans have completely lost touch of the beautiful game.
  • Options
    As soon as any of these top team fans start moaning a la manure etc I just tell them to fuck off and remind them of Charlton‘s plight. It works faster than smelling salts.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

In China I have to say ManU because there are so many of them and some are just casual 'fans' who are definitely ignorant.

But still it can't compare with how annoying Chinese Germany national team supporters are. They seriously should consider changing nationality.

Jessie, why do people support Germany in China?

Chunes said:

In China I have to say ManU because there are so many of them and some are just casual 'fans' who are definitely ignorant.

But still it can't compare with how annoying Chinese Germany national team supporters are. They seriously should consider changing nationality.

I could be wrong and I hope if I am Jessie will set me straight, but I've always assumed its glory hunting, football is still fairly 'new' here and Germany have done pretty damn well since the early 2000's
    It's exactly that! Most if not all national team 'fans' are glory hunters. Germany in recent years have attracted a lot of so-called supporters here. And many of them are very interested in German players' good looks....
  • Options

Chunes said:

Just to add to Stu’s response

Because China is rarely/never represented at World Cup/Euros, when these events come around, Chinese tend to adopt a team. There are fervent fans of all the main nations who may win with, in my experience, Germany and Italy attracting the most. England get some... and will probably have more now that we are better again.

It’s kind of a way if buying in to the emotion of the tournament, and it goes well with drinking beer, too :)

Yes that's a very good explanation. And Argentina have a lot of fans too.
  • Options

From a League 1 perspective, I would say some Sunderland fans can come across arrogantly. Yes, they've had it tough for a long time and it must be great for them to be winning games again, but some of their fans really do think their team is the bees knees and that they're a huge club. Yes, they've been in the prem not so long ago, but I would say they're only marginally bigger than us or Pompey.

I think they're a lot bigger than us? But I do agree some of them come across as a bit arrogant.
  • Options
    Yup Arsenal fans for me

Never forget going into College after the 4-2 win and being told we didnt deserve it because the way they peppered our goal in the opening 15mins!! - Bloke was an absolute twat!!

Hate fans of the top six who roll their eyes when you try and talk Football as a Charlton fan though, almost as though we play a different bloody sport!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My life seems to be littered with arrogant armchair fans of various top 6 prem teams (particularly at work) to a man none have ever even been to a live game "oh it's too expensive!" I even remember one twat (United fan of course) who decided he was going to be a Brazil fan during the world cup - had the shirt on the works.

Any time the conversation rolls around to football it's always "what do you know about football you support charlton" I just roll my eyes...

I would never have stopped giving this c*** stick from the day they lost the quarter final until he resigned in a flood of tears. My contempt for that type of person is unquantifiable.

As for the answer to the question. Liverpool, Liverpool and Liverpool.

Plus Rangers and Celtic.

Benfica.

Anyone who thinks Spurs fans are worse than Arsenal must live on another planet...
  • Options
    Tough, this. Tend to agree Chelsea, but a very good mate was a fan when they were shit. Agree Palace, but, but Steve Parish.

So I'm going to throw in a curved ball, Paris St. Germain. Only formed in 1974, fans are the Millwall of Ligue 1. Well at least Millwall have a proper heritage as bellends.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

A lot of people here saying Spurs, but not explaining why. (Ok, one reference to failing to win the league for so long,)

I don’t see it myself. The spurs fans I know are generally pessimistic about their team and as a result, more realistic about their chances of winning things. Although it would annoy them, they recognise they might lose Poch to Man U or Madrid - that’s not an arrogant stance.
    In recent years, they’ve started to step out of arsenal’s shadow and they’re (quite rightly imho) rubbing that in the gooners faces, but I don’t see that as arrogant or whatever.

I do see that they have “fan of big club” syndrome, but to be fair, they are a big club and the fans of some of the other “big” clubs seem infinitely worse to me.

I’m interested to know why people are saying spurs - does it stem from a specific incident in the past?

You must be quite lucky with the spurs fans you know.

I do find it funny that every time there's a thread like this, someone pipes up to defend spurs fans.

I was watching the England v Croatia world cup game and this guy was really getting on my nerves. For example, a Croatia player drifted by Alli and Trippier like they weren't even there. I said, "Come on, that's too easy." He piped up, "Nah mate, that's good skill."

Corner comes 25 yards to Harry Kane at the far post and he mistimes his jump so it hits him on the shoulder. I say "Gotta do better with a chance like that." He says "Nah mate, it was too low."

Alli miscontrols it and it goes to a Croatia player. Someone else says something. Our man says "Nah mate, it bobbled."

And that's just the last one I met! I could go on for pages about the ones I know. But let me just summarize - they sneer viciously at the very mention of clubs they don't consider as top 5 (i.e. in the 'same league' as them). They talk about their players like they're the second coming of Christ. They are a special kind of fan.

Edit - good timing actually. London streets ‘too dirty’ for super-rich football giant Spurs

• Options
    Can't stand Arsenal fans, all they do is bloody moan about how hard it is to be an Arsenal fan..... i took great enjoyment out of Dele Alli giving them the 2-0 sign after he was hit with the bottle.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

A lot of people here saying Spurs, but not explaining why. (Ok, one reference to failing to win the league for so long,)

I don’t see it myself. The spurs fans I know are generally pessimistic about their team and as a result, more realistic about their chances of winning things. Although it would annoy them, they recognise they might lose Poch to Man U or Madrid - that’s not an arrogant stance.
    In recent years, they’ve started to step out of arsenal’s shadow and they’re (quite rightly imho) rubbing that in the gooners faces, but I don’t see that as arrogant or whatever.

I do see that they have “fan of big club” syndrome, but to be fair, they are a big club and the fans of some of the other “big” clubs seem infinitely worse to me.

I’m interested to know why people are saying spurs - does it stem from a specific incident in the past?

I do find it funny that every time there's a thread like this, someone pipes up to defend spurs fans.

I was watching the England v Croatia world cup game and this guy was really getting on my nerves. For example, a Croatia player drifted by Alli and Trippier like they weren't even there. I said, "Come on, that's too easy." He piped up, "Nah mate, that's good skill."

Corner comes 25 yards to Harry Kane at the far post and he mistimes his jump so it hits him on the shoulder. I say "Gotta do better with a chance like that." He says "Nah mate, it was too low."

Alli miscontrols it and it goes to a Croatia player. Someone else says something. Our man says "Nah mate, it bobbled."

And that's just the last one I met! I could go on for pages about the ones I know. But let me just summarize - they sneer viciously at the very mention of clubs they don't consider as top 5 (i.e. in the 'same league' as them). They talk about their players like they're the second coming of Christ. They are a special kind of fan.

Edit - good timing actually. London streets ‘too dirty’ for super-rich football giant Spurs

You may be right that I’ve been lucky with the fans I’ve met. Or you may be unlucky!

By the way, I’m not defending spurs fans, I just don’t see what you’re seeing and thought it was interesting.
  • Options
    Real Madrid fans generally haven't got a clue about football and live in a completely deluded, self-obsessed bubble.
  • Options
    Palace and Liverpool. Both deluded, both wankers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I nominate Newcastle.
    The 50k loyal supporters that claim to have seen them through thick and thin despite averaging around 15k in the early 80s.

Can only echo this nomination for Newcastle though my judgement may be slightly outdated. Throughout the nineties when I was young-ish and free from responsibility I had a season ticket so was a regular on the East Coast mainline and invariably on my trips down to the Valley I’d encounter supporters of at least one of the big three North East clubs. Sunderland were always good as gold, showing huge respect to me for travelling round the country supporting ‘little old Charlton’ and to the club in general. I had many a can bought for me from the Mackems. Middlesbrough were slightly less friendly but were still impressed with my devotion to the Addicks. Although not quite as many, Boro lads bought me beers. I was never given one single beer by any of the Toon army so to this day I consider them arrogant, tight bastards.

• Options
    dizzee said:

I thought it was the Wendies for a while until Liverpool got good again.

Liverpool have got to be the most arrogant and ignorant fans? Or anyone know any worse?

Palace.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Arsenal. I don't even class them as football supporters. Gross club.
    Londoners who support Liverpool, Man Utd etc. Just fuck off.
    Melbourne Victory. Worst football fans in Australia by miles. The arrogance is mind boggling and I've got a mini party, every time they lose. And on top of that, their manager is the ultimate shit carnnt, Kevin Muscat.
    FC Copenhagen. Caffé latte sipping supporters, who are proud of supporting a merger between clubs from 1876 and 1903. Merger happened in 1992. Ultra plastic. I don't see them as football supporters (just like Arsenal).
  • Options
    Spurs for me.

Seem to remember Hull fans giving it Bertie big bollocks on other forums when they were in the prem.
  • Options
    Liverpool
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Most hated club in London.

The London fanbase were praying Leicester won the title. Not that people wanted Leicester to win it, BUT to stop totteringham from winning it.
  • Options

My life seems to be littered with arrogant armchair fans of various top 6 prem teams (particularly at work) to a man none have ever even been to a live game "oh it's too expensive!" I even remember one twat (United fan of course) who decided he was going to be a Brazil fan during the world cup - had the shirt on the works.

Any time the conversation rolls around to football it's always "what do you know about football you support charlton" I just roll my eyes...

I would never have stopped giving this c*** stick from the day they lost the quarter final until he resigned in a flood of tears. My contempt for that type of person is unquantifiable.

Plus Rangers and Celtic.

Benfica.

Anyone who thinks Spurs fans are worse than Arsenal must live on another planet...
    Yeah guess what happened when they lost that (I kid you not) the twat came in next day raving about how he was Belgium all along anyway... "I just want to watch quality football played properly mate" yeah get fucked and no I ain't your mate you fair weather wankstain! He's long gone from work now fortunately. Although we miss having an idiot to laugh at now I guess...
  • Options
    This thread seriously feels like oppositeland. I thought it was just widely-accepted fact that Arsenal fans were the laughing stock of English football, and Spurs fans were just...well, kind of normal?
  • Options

Plus Rangers and Celtic.

Benfica.

Yeah guess what happened when they lost that (I kid you not) the twat came in next day raving about how he was Belgium all along anyway... "I just want to watch quality football played properly mate" yeah get fucked and no I ain't your mate you fair weather wankstain! He's long gone from work now fortunately. Although we miss having an idiot to laugh at now I guess...
    @Clb74 is looking for work.