Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most annoying/arrogant/ignorant fan base?

Comments

• Easily Spurs.
  • Easily Spurs.

Yup
  • Has to be Man U fans Every week on 606 they ring up moaning about Mourinho (soon it will be about Solskjer) & lack of fight / action / goals......

And they're sitting in their armchairs in Dorset.
  • Spurs by a country mile.
    And when they move into their new stadium they will take it to a new level.
  • Arsenal without a shadow of a doubt
  • I nominate Newcastle.
    The 50k loyal supporters that claim to have seen them through thick and thin despite averaging around 15k in the early 80s.

In fairness to them, there have been only a few blips in what is a pretty decent attendance record, in good times and bad. Their devotion possibly reflects that life on Tyneside is pretty grim, with little else to do than football, beer and horse punching. As the song used to go, "go down pub, have 10 pints, get absolutely plastered, go back home, beat up wife, dirty northern bastard" (note this song was sung in less enlightened times...)

http://www.geordietimes.com/2012/10/nufc-v-safcaverage-gates1893-to-2012.html
  • Spurs, sheff utd and Southampton for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Always spare a thought for the poor Newcastle fans - must be terrible being in the Prem :'(
  • Liverpool
    Newcastle
    Leeds
    Chelsea
  • Shocked and amazed by everyone saying Spurs. Like...what? Why?
  • Spurs by a mile
  • Leuth said:

Shocked and amazed by everyone saying Spurs. Like...what? Why?

If you don’t know, then you haven’t met many.
  • stonemuse said:

Leuth said:

If you don’t know, then you haven’t met any.
  • Spurs followed by Chelski
  • Miiiiiillllllllll
  • edited December 2018
    stonemuse said:

Leuth said:

If you don’t know, then you haven’t met many.
    And it’s not just us who think it ... one link of the many available.

https://saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?54593-Are-Spuds-the-most-deluded-arrogant-fans#.XB4praSnyEc
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

Most spurs fans I know consider themselves to be as big as man.utd Liverpool etc.
    They have only ever won the title twice in their entire history but still give it large about how great they are.
    Planks.
  • Leeds. Still to this day sting champions of Europe like they won it last year.
  • Might be a generational thing but I know quite a lot of Spurs fans and they're pretty level-headed tbh. But then I guess they've only ever known failure (until recently)
  • Leuth said:

Might be a generational thing but I know quite a lot of Spurs fans and they're pretty level-headed tbh. But then I guess they've only ever known failure (until recently)

I think we're about the same age and most of the spurs fans I know are right bellends.

I can think of two exceptions, @Carter 's mate and @JohnBoyUK
  • Leuth said:

Might be a generational thing but I know quite a lot of Spurs fans and they're pretty level-headed tbh. But then I guess they've only ever known failure (until recently)

I have to agree. The spurs fans I know all seem pretty reasonable and grounded, especially compared to their arsenal equivalents.
  • Arsenal. Imagine not being happy with winning the FA Cup, and that's from match going fans.
  • Chunes said:

In China I have to say ManU because there are so many of them and some are just casual 'fans' who are definitely ignorant.

But still it can't compare with how annoying Chinese Germany national team supporters are. They seriously should consider changing nationality.

Jessie, why do people support Germany in China?
    Just to add to Stu’s response

Because China is rarely/never represented at World Cup/Euros, when these events come around, Chinese tend to adopt a team. There are fervent fans of all the main nations who may win with, in my experience, Germany and Italy attracting the most. England get some... and will probably have more now that we are better again.

It’s kind of a way if buying in to the emotion of the tournament, and it goes well with drinking beer, too :)

• Fiiish said:

Man City fans post oil money

Seem completely oblivious to the source of their fortunes. Think it was all graft and years of sacrifice to turn a profit. Still seem completely bitter that the other half of the city pissed all over the rest of the league for decades without needing a billionaire takeover.

I have the opposite opinion of City fans, they supported their team through some serious shit, still getting decent crowds, they deserve some success!
    Absolutely. They wanted to do an open top bus for winning the third division playoff the same season their rivals did a bus for winning the treble. Got a lot of time for City.
  • edited December 2018
    From a League 1 perspective, I would say some Sunderland fans can come across arrogantly. Yes, they've had it tough for a long time and it must be great for them to be winning games again, but some of their fans really do think their team is the bees knees and that they're a huge club. Yes, they've been in the prem not so long ago, but I would say they're only marginally bigger than us or Pompey.