Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland on Talksport

Comments

• edited December 2018
    He avoided answering if players would be sold in January and whether the sale price would go up if we were promoted.

Jim White also set him up at the end for a final message to Charlton supporters, where you may expect he would wish us a Happy Xmas, but he didn't. He just waffled on about peace.
  • God I wrote on the wrong thread!
  • Sponsored links:

• Is he over for the match tomorrow?

Please don’t bother replying.
  • edited December 2018
    In the same week EFL have agreed a meeting with CARD? If we were being sold EFL would not need to m1eet CARD
  • Curb_It said:

God I wrote on the wrong thread!

Stupid woman..................................I never said that :smile:
  • Whatever he thinks the price should be, if nobody will pay it then it is too high. The only correct price is that which a willing buyer and a willing seller can agree. As a businessman he should realise that. It's not rocket science.
  • redman said:

Whatever he thinks the price should be, if nobody will pay it then it is too high. The only correct price is that which a willing buyer and a willing seller can agree. As a businessman he should realise that. It's not rocket science.

Willing buyer also has to have the money.
  • A few comments from roland:-

Not about money. Reasonably well managed given the circumstances. When buyer buys club, he needs financial ability to run the club.

Yes, i have affection for Charlton. No problem in general with fans. Done a bad job in giving information out at time. But now past point of no return. Club needs to be sold, Will still sell if we get promotion.

Protests haven't helped getting managers.

Busy with many other things to come. Not a big issue. want fans to have nice time at the Valley.

Not sure about selling players in January. Question is will I be in charge then?

Christmas time of peace and most important thing to enjoy life.

Ha ha what a load of shit, bet he fucking hates us.
  • Thanks for posting that.... what a load of waffle. Typical... JW asked a number of key questions and he diverts the answer.... he doesn't even compliment or congratulate Bowyer at on a good job they are doing... no-one is buying us in January..
  • What are the operating costs now?.
  • Sponsored links:

• What are the operating costs now?.

• The nub of this is that he makes the case that the operating loss (inflated unnecessarily by him) deters buyers but doesn’t accept that this also means the club is worth less money. If the operating loss is structural then it reduces the asset price; if it isn’t then his argument is flawed and it’s simply his fault.

He tries to square the circle by talking about the land value - using that to justify the asset price. But the cost in terms of time, work, hard cash and the uncertainty - bordering on improbability - of ever realising the land value means it cannot underpin the price he is asking.

We know he had The Valley valued for residential redevelopment in 2016 because we were sent the report and published it. He knows it doesn’t stack up.

He is still pushing buyers away by asking a ludicrous price. Everything else is noise.

This again , sums it up very well
  • cabbles said:

Cost cutting measures now. Operating loss being reduced by selling players. Biggest prob, how well will the buyer be able to fix that

Jim White - as fans, he’s responsible, to sell

Roland - whinging about protestors not understanding that he’s trying to sell and they don’t help this

I have to say, he's not wrong here. Whoever comes in will need to run the club at, what I imagine is a substantial loss, for quite some time. The operating losses are not just down to Roland. Could the business be run better, resulting in lowering those costs? Yes, I'm sure to some extent. But if anything, I'd expect those losses to rise under new ownership given how many senior positions at the club are currently vacant, and what would hopefully be some investment in the playing squad (in extending contracts, if nothing else).

My question is, as it always has been, why would anyone buy a football club?
  • clive said:
    Just so you don’t waste 5 minutes of your life on inane adverts, it’s actually from 19 minutes.
  • Was he in the studio or on the phone?
  • Was he in the studio or on the phone?

Phone.
  • Like the way Jim says Do Shat Ole