Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Dryland - Pride of the Valley

Comments

• Options
    Our "gang's" Main Man !

Well deserved accolade !
  • Options
    Well done Al.
  • Options
    Congratulations Alan! A nice article.
  • Options
    Phew!
  • Options
    Don’t know him anywhere as much as others, but Alan isn’t simply one of the nicest men you’ll ever meet. Charlton to a core and hasn’t got a bad bone in his body. One of my favourite posts on here.

I heard the interview before the game but hadn’t put two and two together from the other side of the ground as Brian just referred to him as Alan.

Good on you sir
  • Options
    Nice one!
  • Options
    deserves the George Cross .. fan since 1955 .. f f s have mercy ((:>)
  • Options
    Top bloke is Alan
  • Options
    Great news - congratulations Alan! You are a true gent and a real Addick, and there is no higher compliment than that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Congratulations Alan
  • Options
    Certainly well deserved.
  • Options

Never prouder than right now. My humble and sincere thanks to you all - truth to tell, you lot make it easy to be an Addick.

Is it you? Would never have guessed.

• Options
    Well done Alan , well deserved
  • Options
    Alan - congratulations, well deserved. You are one of life's gentleman.
  • Options
    Congrats Alan - well deserved.

Nice touch by the Club.
  • Options
    Alan - Love the fact that you have been going since 1955 and are still able to say that Bauer is your favourite player. I will wager he's not the best player you have seen by some distance which is what most people think of when answering this question. I can see exactly what you mean though by 'favourite.' Very much in the Simon Webster mould. I met Patrick and his Missus in Charlton Sainsbury's a couple of years back and he was happy to say hello and exchange a few words. I also drove into the petrol station in Charlton on the Lower Road a couple of weeks ago and was eyeing up a nice black Merc C Class AMG when I spotted him again and called out. He gave me a big grin and a thumbs up. Hard not to like.
  • Options
    Without going into detail as that's not the point, Alan made himself a hero of mine. You're a top man Alan and a credit to the club's fanbase.

• Options
    Alan is the guardian of the true and decent spirit of Charlton Athletic that we should all pay heed to.
    Alan is also one of the nicest and most thoughtful people you could wish to meet, and he redefines generosity not just materially but of the spirit.
    One of our own who is a privilege to know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love you, Alan xx
  • Options
    Congrats Alan. It really couldn’t have gone to a truer Addick or a nicer bloke. You help to make this a club which, despite everything, I still love.
  • Options
    Late to the party though did alert Alan he was a twitter star yesterday. As everyone has rightly said, you couldn't meet a nicer bloke or more dedicated fan.