Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rome and My Name is Earl

back on TV

My Name is Earl won't be everyone's cup of tea but best US comedy I've seen in years. "nd Series on tonight I think. Weird concept as ex-crook Earl tries to put his karma in balance but righting all the wrongs he committed.

And to replace the Apprentice on Wednesday nights the 2nd Series of Rome. Really got into the first one and hope this is as good

Comments

• Options
    both quality shows but still not as good as heroes! Earl's brother cracks me up!
  • Options
    not seen heroes. meant to be coming on normal telly soon.
  • Options
    "in england,soccer is called football" i watched it last night,might have been e4.
  • Options
    I kept missing 'my name is earl' but the odd bits I saw were pretty good. Rome dragged a bit for me but I might give the second season a go.

I would Second Mart77 on Heroes. It's a very good show and is now beginning to pick up after the usual US show issue of mid season lag.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]not seen heroes. meant to be coming on normal telly soon.

I heard it would be taken up by BBC2 nopt sure whether this is from the beginning or just series 2
  • Options
    heroes is coming to bbc2 in a few months i think. i've seen the entire first season and reckon it's the best show for a while. its annoying how far behind the states we are with a lot of these shows but these shows often take a while to filter over the atlantic and longer still to get on terrestial tv.
  • Options
    Never saw Rome for some reason - that would normally stop me from watching a second series of anything but maybe I'll give "Rome II" a go?
  • Options
    The best TV programme ever disappeared last night, must have been the shortest ever series of Hustle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]The best TV programme ever disappeared last night, must have been the shortest ever series of Hustle.

Enjoy Hustle. Good cast and clever twists. The one with the Chinese girl was good but missed most of this series.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]My Name is Earl won't be everyone's cup of tea but best US comedy I've seen in years.

This has been accused as being vehicle for the Church of Scientology.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]My Name is Earl won't be everyone's cup of tea but best US comedy I've seen in years.

This has been accused as being vehicle for the Church of Scientology.

Err? Only in America
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Err? Only in America

No, we get ER over here too - C4.

PS: The lead and some of the cast are COS and a they have a strong karma ethos in their ethos.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]The best TV programme ever disappeared last night, must have been the shortest ever series of Hustle.

Enjoy Hustle. Good cast and clever twists. The one with the Chinese girl was good but missed most of this series.

I thought this series of Hustle was pretty poor to be honest. The chinese episode was the only one that really stood out to me. The final episode was a complete shocker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]

I thought this series of Hustle was pretty poor to be honest. The chinese episode was the only one that really stood out to me. The final episode was a complete shocker.

Agreed, Chinese one was best. It's not as good as it has been in the past, having the character Danny Blue as 'leader' is just not working.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Err? Only in America

No, we get ER over here too - C4.

PS: The lead and some of the cast are COS and a they have a strong karma ethos in their ethos.

Didn't know that. But Karma is a buddhist concept, I think. COS is just a cobbled together religion to rip people off allegedly
  • Options
    anyone watch Prison Break ???...after what seemed like an eternity, they are now banged up again in another country...I take it there's another series where they all have to break out again!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

Agreed, Chinese one was best. It's not as good as it has been in the past, having the character Danny Blue as 'leader' is just not working.

Yeah, I think Micky added something to the programme that's a little lacking, also it seems to be going a little to 'cartoony' for my liking, like with the explanation of the emperors clothes. Still one of the best programmes on TV, until spooks returns at least.
  • Options
    Cannot believe people slag me off for watching the best drama on TV in Battlestar Galactica when people watch tosh like my name is earl which is pony !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

Yeah, I think Micky added something to the programme that's a little lacking, also it seems to be going a little to 'cartoony' for my liking, like with the explanation of the emperors clothes. Still one of the best programmes on TV, until spooks returns at least.

Spooks is good, but Waking the Dead is my favourite.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Cannot believe people slag me off for watching the best drama on TV in Battlestar Galactica when people watch tosh like my name is earl which is pony !

I don't think anyone slags you off.

They just laugh at you, you 2012 logo : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Cannot believe people slag me off for watching the best drama on TV in Battlestar Galactica when people watch tosh like my name is earl which is pony !

BG is the best US import since the West Wing finished. Last series was very very good.
  • Options
    "The wire" is the best TV series ever
  • Options
    Your all wrong, 24 is the best US Import.
  • Options
    Both Earl and and Rome are great. I knew Jason Lee was a scientologist, didn't realise Ethan Suplee was too, either way, it hasn't converted me...

Did anyone see Jekyll? Excellent first episode!
  • Options
    I also thought Hustle was indifferent almost corny this time. I have previously enjoyed Bodies the tension and underhand fights between consultants was compelling