Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gavin Peacock on the BBC

Apologies if there's another thread on this - if so couldn't see it
Anyone watching the prgramme on Gavin Peacock? Part of it filmed at the Valley, even though I don't recall him playing much for us. Obvs dad featured

Comments

• Options
    Caught a couple of minutes of our segment. Didn't play much for us but would've spent a lot of time at The Valley growing up.
    Did he mention religion or was it purely football related?
  • Options
    Yes, am watching it. Nice interview with him and his dad at the Valley.
  • Options

Yes, am watching it. Nice interview with him and his dad at the Valley.

Yep, that was the bit I was interested in
  • Options
    What was the programme called please ?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Caught a couple of minutes of our segment. Didn't play much for us but would've spent a lot of time at The Valley growing up.
    Did he mention religion or was it purely football related?

I watched the start of it. It was about religion. Charlton was part of the 'before religion' story.
  • Options

My faith and me
  • Options
    As I try to be agnostic by day despite going to bed being an atheist, I found it an interesting program on a decent man who I didn't realize played more professional games than his dad.

Never ceases to amaze me despite praying to their God how many poor things happen to believers. Gavin said when his son was born with one arm missing from the elbow down the surgeon said that's what God has decided for your son ?
    I can't buy into that thinking but Gavin's son runs a gym in Canada after being a Martial arts competitor.

Great feller with a loving family and good to see him chatting to the Cafc legend Keith.
  • Options
    Very interesting programme. Gavin came across as a very sincere and likable person who has found peace and meaning in his life as a Christian preacher. A surprising life choice after being a highly successful professional footballer. Recommended viewing if you missed it earlier today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

My faith and me
    Thanks Shirty :smile:
  • Options
    What a tool. Misogyny dressed up as morality.
  • Options
    Doesn’t matter how low the Church sinks into the mire and filth of child abuse, they always think they have a right to set the moral bar. This man is a complete dick who happens to have a great man as a Dad. Love Keith, one of my all time favourites, we need a Keith Peacock stand or entrance. Legend.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Looking at those tweets I can only conclude that he’s an utter pillock . I don’t care if he’s a Charlton legends son.
  • Options
    I hadn't seen his tweets when I said he seemed a good guy.
    Maybe he's a deluded, brain washed Bible bashing out of date good guy ?
  • Options
    Met him briefly in Bexley Village a few times before he moved to Canada. Arrogant prick.

His dad, on the other hand, will always stop for a chat, lovely man.