Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Naby Sarr - Was it a red card?

Comments

• Yes - Red Card sadly
    Dazzler21 said:

Lino says it was so it was, Ref then produced a red.

I mean yeah it was given as so, but the Lino was on the wrong side of the challenge to be conclusive.
    And where were you exactly ?

• No -Yellow at most
    Watching time and time again in super slow mo on camera. But then the ref and lino admittedly don't have that same opportunity.
  • No -Yellow at most

Dazzler21 said:

I mean yeah it was given as so, but the Lino was on the wrong side of the challenge to be conclusive.

To be honest I didnt think it was a red card either... And I was next to the person you can see in the bottom right corner so was only the Lino closer to the incident than me ;)

• Yes - Red Card sadly
    Dazzler21 said:

Watching time and time again in super slow mo on camera. But then the ref and lino admittedly don't have that same opportunity.

The only angle I’ve seen would not give you a better view than the linesman.

• Yes - Red Card sadly
    RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

Hmmm, 63% plays 36% in favour of 'Yellow at most', wonder if there'll be cries for a second vote? :wink:

If it was a Wimbledon player the vote would be the other way round.
    You can talk about the sending off till the next fa cup match fact is the lino and ref give him the elbow.
    These refs now should be helped by technology.
    Dazzler21 has watched the tackle 321 times slowed it down as much as he could and told me sarr got the ball.
    These officials get one look at an incident at normal speed.
    No doubt in true CL tradition we will be discussing this till the cows come home.
    It's not too late to vote.
    I voted red and 10 game ban
    Dazzler21 said:

Could you not have passed your info on to the ref at the time, it might of made a difference
  • Yes - Red Card sadly

Dazzler21 said:

To be honest I didnt think it was a red card either... And I was next to the person you can see in the bottom right corner so was only the Lino closer to the incident than me ;)

I take it all back. That photo proves it was only a yellow.
  • No -Yellow at most
    Sorry @clb74 no one will sign my permit to use my time machine...
  • No -Yellow at most

Dazzler21 said:

The red card brigade are wavering, from a little trickle a raging torrent will often follow :wink:
  • Yes - Red Card sadly
    Have the club appealed it?
  • No -Yellow at most
    I think the fact that so many on here have such contrasting views shows that we may need more clarification on the laws of the game or as a general population of football supporters, not too many actually understand the laws of the game. That applies to officials as well, too many make things up that just aren’t part of the game. We see it all the time.

So for that reason as well as the many stated from others on here and my previous comments. Just like a penalty, unless things are 100% certain, you can’t give it.

It needs rescinding.
  • Sponsored links:

• No -Yellow at most
    You either get the red card totally recinded or not. There is no longer reduced to a booking.
  • Yes - Red Card sadly

I notice The Times journalist described it as reckless.

You can't believe anything you read in a Murdoch rag.
  • Yes - Red Card sadly
    RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

The red card brigade are wavering, from a little trickle a raging torrent will often follow :wink:
    I suspect he was being sarcastic.
  • Yes - Red Card sadly
    RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Yeah your right
    Red card on a dry day though
  • No -Yellow at most

RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

I suspect he was being sarcastic.
    So do I but as I keep suggesting the winky smiley thing is your friend :wink:
  • Clumsy,not malicious. Wimbledon surrounding the Ref/Lino didn't help. One day Red another day yellow.
  • No -Yellow at most
    A no but what a prat. Can see why he got red cos he didn't get the ball and studs were showing. I would give him a yellow because I don't ever have a problem with a hard tackle old skool style. Then for this why when there was no need whatsoever. Classic sarr. Brain goes at least once in a match, just this time it happened after 30 seconds.
  • No -Yellow at most
    Charlton have decided not to appeal Naby Sarr’s red card in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Wimbledon.

The French defender was sent off inside the opening minute against the Dons. And he will now serve a three-match suspension.

“Chris Parkes [club secretary] seems to think that we wouldn’t be able to overturn it,” said Addicks manager Lee Bowyer.

“He has got more experience than me on this over the years.

“I thought it was harsh, I have seen it back now. There is nothing malicious in it, it’s just slightly mistimed. You’re talking about a split second. You could even argue he won the ball first.

“He’s such a big fella that his momentum took him through the fella.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-decide-on-whether-to-appeal-naby-sarrs-red-card/
  • Yes - Red Card sadly
    So it was a red then
  • Yes - Red Card sadly
    It was one of those that a lot of refs would have given a yellow for, but one you can't really appeal. Mind you I was surprised Portsmouth won their appeal.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2018
    No -Yellow at most
    clive said:

Charlton have decided not to appeal Naby Sarr’s red card in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Wimbledon.

The French defender was sent off inside the opening minute against the Dons. And he will now serve a three-match suspension.

“Chris Parkes [club secretary] seems to think that we wouldn’t be able to overturn it,” said Addicks manager Lee Bowyer.

“I thought it was harsh, I have seen it back now. There is nothing malicious in it, it’s just slightly mistimed. You’re talking about a split second. You could even argue he won the ball first.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-decide-on-whether-to-appeal-naby-sarrs-red-card/

Sorry but that is bollocks letting Chris Parkes decide if you want to appeal.

We are already struggling with injuries and have now lost Sarr for 3 games, if he honestly doesnt think it was a red then appeal
  • No -Yellow at most

clive said:

We are already struggling with injuries and have now lost Sarr for 3 games, if he honestly doesnt think it was a red then appeal
    Couldn’t agree more @paulie8290 Bowyer has played the game so for me that experience is more vital than what Chris Parkes seems to think. If Thompson’s can get overturned, so can Sarr’s.

Really poor from the club I think.

Anyone actually know how long he is suspended for?
  • No -Yellow at most
    Sage said:

clive said:

Couldn’t agree more @paulie8290 Bowyer has played the game so for me that experience is more vital than what Chris Parkes seems to think. If Thompson’s can get overturned, so can Sarr’s.

Violent conduct is 3 games
    So
    Gills
    Coventry
    Barnsley

Back for Walsall
  • No -Yellow at most
    clb74 said:

So it was a red then

As reds can't be down turned to a yellow there's no point the club appealing. It would never get overturned completely so I make the club right not to appeal but it still wasn't a red card for me.

That said I've got no idea how the Pompey red got overturned then as that was a yellow card offence I thought too.
  • No -Yellow at most
    The Pompey one wasn't even a foul on the replay, I thought
  • Yes - Red Card sadly
    Does anyone really think Chris Parkes made the decision?

LB is being a bit disingenuous, by letting it seem that he would have appealed but Chris said no.

If Lee really felt there was a reasonable chance to get it overturned he would have appealed, end of.
  • edited December 2018
    No -Yellow at most

Sage said:

clive said:

Violent conduct is 3 games
    So
    Gills
    Coventry
    Barnsley

Back for Walsall
    It’s not violent conduct though, he hasn’t had a fight with someone. It’s serious foul play.

Which I’ve just found both serious foul play and violent conduct is 3 games. That’s very harsh on us and Naby.
  • edited December 2018
    No -Yellow at most
    Leuth said:

The Pompey one wasn't even a foul on the replay, I thought

This.

Also glad to see Bowyer agrees with me. Naby won the ball first.

It'd be interesting to see the facts of what his red was charged as.
  • Yes - Red Card sadly

It's 2018 not 1978.

You can't go in recklessly, smashing a player up in the air and risking breaking his ankle or leg and complain at getting a red card.

We'd be foolish to appeal and if we do I'm confident we will lose, which tells you all you need to know.

PS should we have another poll, asking opinions if that foul was on a Charlton player ? :smile:

Well the nearest thing to Sarr's challenge was the Pompey card in midweek, I felt a red card was harsh then too. Was Sarr's red any worse than the Pompey red in midweek?
    Personally, I feel Sarr's was definitely worse and deserved a red card.

I thought Thompson of Portsmouth was a 50/50 challenge and not deserving of a red.

Like I say, let's see if we appeal and if we do let's see the result.

I reckon we have a 10% chance of appealing & winning.
    Knew it.