Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Naby Sarr - Was it a red card?

Comments

• Options
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    But this wasn't last ditch. It was stupid. But I still think we are better having him at left back before anybody accuses me of attacking Naby! He was stupid, it was harsh but the ref can defend it under the letter of the law!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    No -Yellow at most

But this wasn't last ditch. It was stupid. But I still think we are better having him at left back before anybody accuses me of attacking Naby! He was stupid, it was harsh but the ref can defend it under the letter of the law!

Are you saying because it was last ditch it was ok? it was the same type of challenge was it not? He's honest and committed in the challenge take that away and you don't have the same player.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    No, I was responding to a previous point pointing about a similar tackle he made which was last ditch. It is a question of judgement around the risk surely from Naby's perspective. I accept there was no ill intent to injure. The same type of tackle, yes but the outcome - getting the man, getting the ball was different.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    No -Yellow at most

No, I was responding to a previous point pointing about a similar tackle he made which was last ditch. It is a question of judgement around the risk surely.

Possibly but he obviously felt that he could get the ball and you know full well as I do, defenders especially full backs like to make their mark early in the game. Also both JJ and Bowyer have told him to show a bit more nastiness and I wouldn't be surprised if those words weren't ringing in all the players ears as they left the dressing room. Taylor in fact is on record as saying we were regarded as a soft touch in the past. Anyway getting back to the actual sending off no red for me, hope it's appealed and gets overturned.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    No -Yellow at most
    Looks to me after watching on 1/25th speed that Sarr got there just first, but did take the player with his trailing leg.

At worst a yellow.

Also Waggy spoke to the lino... Ref spoke to the lino... this wasn't the best angle for the lino to see it from really was it.
  • Options
    No -Yellow at most
    watched it several times, agree with point that we would of been up and shouting if it had happened to one of ours. Similar in my view to Pompey challenge on Lyle and didn't think that was a red either.
  • Options
    No -Yellow at most
    I don’t think there was anything in it, just a little late.

Seen refs give yellows for worse and reds for less. I reckon it’s worth an appeal as three games is a big miss.

• Options
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    Can’t help thinking their are lots of people wearing Charlton goggles on this one.
  • Options
    Yes - Red Card sadly

Can’t help thinking their are lots of people wearing Charlton goggles on this one.

Some don't take them goggle's off
  • Options
    No -Yellow at most
    sam3110 said:

One footed, in control, not very late, but slightly high. I can see why a cnut like Kettle gave it but I don't think it was a red. Pillock's sliding double footer that just missed was worse, and that only got a yellow

this as well, commented to my mate at the time 'I guess he had to connect to get a red for that attempt'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No -Yellow at most
    It was a very close call, but I think the ref should have given him the benefit of the doubt given the atrocious conditions.

(And don't we all know that the Nabster is a bit of a pussycat anyway? Don't think he would deliberately go in to hurt an opponent).
  • Options
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    Late and reckless
  • Options
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    He could have broken the bloke's ankle. Forget taking the conditions into account, he didn't slip, he threw himself into it. Forget it was only 39s into the game, a bad, late tackle is bad and late no matter what time it happened.

If that had been the other way round, I'd have been furious if the ref had bottled it and given only a yellow.
  • Options
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    RedChaser said:

Hmmm, 63% plays 36% in favour of 'Yellow at most', wonder if there'll be cries for a second vote? :wink:

If it was a Wimbledon player the vote would be the other way round.
    You can talk about the sending off till the next fa cup match fact is the lino and ref give him the elbow.
    These refs now should be helped by technology.
    Dazzler21 has watched the tackle 321 times slowed it down as much as he could and told me sarr got the ball.
    These officials get one look at an incident at normal speed.
    No doubt in true CL tradition we will be discussing this till the cows come home.
  • Options
    No -Yellow at most
    shirty5 said:

Late and reckless

Naby Hater :wink:
  • Options
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    RedChaser said:

shirty5 said:

Late and reckless

It's Naby Sarr
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    No -Yellow at most
    clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

Hmmm, 63% plays 36% in favour of 'Yellow at most', wonder if there'll be cries for a second vote? :wink:

You can talk about the sending off till the next fa cup match fact is the lino and ref give him the elbow.
    Dazzler21 has watched the tackle 321 times slowed it down as much as he could and told me sarr got the ball.
    No doubt in true CL tradition we will be discussing this till the cows come home.
    It's not too late to vote :wink: .
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

It's not too late to vote.
    I voted red and 10 game ban
    I thought I had voted
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No -Yellow at most
    shirty5 said:

RedChaser said:

shirty5 said:

Late and reckless

It's Naby Sarr
  • Options
    No way..Naby is innocent.
  • Options
    Hang the guilty bastard.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    That nice Mr Kettle said it was, so it must have been, he rarely gets these sorts of decisions wrong.
  • Options
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    Well the ref and definitely the assistant referee had a far better view than any of us. Just saying.
  • Options
    Not much difference between the pompey sending off and sarr's, so fully expect an appeal and tge rescinding of the card.
  • Options
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    red card all day long. if that tackle was on a charlton player you'd have all been screaming red card.
  • Options
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    I notice The Times journalist described it as reckless.
  • Options
    Yes - Red Card sadly
    Lino says it was so it was, Ref then produced a red.
  • Options
    No -Yellow at most

Lino says it was so it was, Ref then produced a red.

I mean yeah it was given as so, but the Lino was on the wrong side of the challenge to be conclusive.