Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

🎬 CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2018 🎄

Comments

• Wizard of Oz finished. I've now found Oklahoma (not the Hugh Jackman/Maureen Lipman version) the 1955 version.

• Derek1952 said:

There is not one film worth watching for whole Christmas period

Obviously a WUM.

The King and I is on today.
  • iainment said:

Just off in a while for last minute shop and then to cinema to see 'It's a wonderful life'.
    Never seen it on the big screen and I'm really looking forward to it.

Enjoy . It’s still the best Christmas movie ever made in my opinion
    It was very good. Slightly marred by parents thinking it's a film toddlers could sit quietly through.
  • iainment said:

Just off in a while for last minute shop and then to cinema to see 'It's a wonderful life'.

The best Christmas film and one of the best films full stop. Much darker than you would expect, if all you've seen is the poster, and that balances out the sentimentality in my opinion. Let us know what you think of it.
  • iainment said:

The best Christmas film and one of the best films full stop. Much darker than you would expect, if all you've seen is the poster, and that balances out the sentimentality in my opinion. Let us know what you think of it.
    I have seen it a few times over the years but always on tv, vhs or dvd, and it is one of the films I remember well.
    Seeing it in the cinema was good but as I mentioned earlier some people brought young children to it. Which shows they don't know the film.
    It was very good. I would recommend seeing it on the big screen.
    As ever I shed a few tears at the end.
    Seems very apposite for the economic politics of today.
    The audience applauded at the end.
  • edited December 2018

CHRISTMAS EVE

3.20AM - CHANNEL 4 - Rear Window - (RECOMMENDED FILM OF TODAY 3.20 in the morning? That's not today, that's TOMORROW)

Fixed it for you.
  • edited December 2018

CHRISTMAS DAY

.image

4.00PM - CHANNEL 4 - A Muppet Christmas Carol

6.30PM - ITV 4 - Apollo 13

9.00PM - MORE4 - Gladiator

9.00PM - FILM 4 - Mission Impossible : Ghost Protocol

12.15AM - CHANNEL 4 - The Beatles : 8 Days A Week - The Touring Years - (RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY)

1.15AM - FILM 4 - Train To Busan

• edited December 2018
    Train To Busan - highly recommended. Unsurprisingly, there's a train, and it's going to Busan. Even more unsurprisingly, there's more to it than that.
  • Not sure many people will be able to read subtitles at that time of the morning though
  • Not a great film buff and don’t watch many at all really but really enjoyed The Greatest Showman tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• I teach Film Studies at GCSE and a couple of my pupils rank Train to Busan in their top ten films so I need to watch it out of respect to them.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

I have seen it a few times over the years but always on tv, vhs or dvd, and it is one of the films I remember well.
    Seeing it in the cinema was good but as I mentioned earlier some people brought young children to it. Which shows they don't know the film.
    It was very good. I would recommend seeing it on the big screen.
    As ever I shed a few tears at the end.
    Seems very apposite for the economic politics of today.
    The audience applauded at the end.
    Thanks, Iainment. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope the young children kept their traps shut and didn't spoil it for you. I put a Jimmy Stewart biography on my Christmas present list so hopefully I'll be unwrapping that later today. I gather that he was a ladies' man, a lovely guy and a brave bloke as he volunteered to fight in the Second World War when I think he could have avoided active service.
  • edited December 2018

I teach Film Studies at GCSE and a couple of my pupils rank Train to Busan in their top ten films so I need to watch it out of respect to them.

What a job to have . Any vacancies ? ;-)
  • The Beatles film is great, for those of us of a certain age, or even if you're not!
  • What no Zulu?
  • Solidgone said:

What no Zulu?

When's it on?
  • edited December 2018
    Just finished A Christmas Carol told by Simon Callow on the iPlayer which I heartily recommend.
  • Train To Busan is very good.
  • I teach Film Studies at GCSE and a couple of my pupils rank Train to Busan in their top ten films so I need to watch it out of respect to them.

It's a new, additional subject for me after 20 years of English and I love it. I'm limited in my choice of films but currently have opted for these ones: Submarine, Tsotsi, Slumdog Millionaire, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) to compare with E.T., and Whiplash. At Year 9, I can choose anything I want. I started with 'Hugo' for its film history references and may choose 'Lion' next.
  • Sponsored links:

It's a new, additional subject for me after 20 years of English and I love it. I'm limited in my choice of films but currently have opted for these ones: Submarine, Tsotsi, Slumdog Millionaire, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) to compare with E.T., and Whiplash. At Year 9, I can choose anything I want. I started with 'Hugo' for its film history references and may choose 'Lion' next.
    Hugo is a terrific choice for the subject
  • Solidgone said:

What no Zulu?

When's it on?
    Friday 18:40 Sky Cinema but I don’t don’t think it’s on free view this Christmas, must be an Easter film.
  • Train to Busan is one of the best Zombie movies ever.

BOXING DAY

11.20AM - CHANNEL 5 - The Dirty Dozen

2.30PM - BBC 2 - Saving Mr Banks

5.45PM - CHANNEL 4 - Mrs Doubtfire

6.55PM - ITV 4 - Where Eagles Dare

8.00PM - E4 - Life Of Pi

11.00PM - CHANNEL 4 - The Green Mile - (RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY)

• All good films there. I recommend Saving Mr Banks
  • The Beatles film is great, for those of us of a certain age, or even if you're not!

This is excellent . Saw it at the cinema with my daughter, a corker.

This is excellent . Saw it at the cinema with my daughter, a corker.
    Fair enough but what did you think of the film?
  • Gone Girl earlier this evening. Great film.
  • Everyone was sat round the TV watching Home Alone 2 last night which is probably the first time in a long time.
  • stonemuse said:

All good films there. I recommend Saving Mr Banks

A brilliant goal keeper.