Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎬 CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2018 🎄

Comments

• Options

What’s Brooklyn about?

I think he's about twenty and hanging around with some model.
  • Options
    Great thread.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    aliwibble said:

I stumbled over Groundhog Day on Paramount Channel this evening. That's one of those films I'm always happy to watch over again and again :-)

That film will pop up many times on TV on numerous channels between now and Christmas. That’s why I ignored it today . I’ve no doubt I will recommend it nearer the 25th . Great film.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

I stumbled over Groundhog Day on Paramount Channel this evening. That's one of those films I'm always happy to watch over again and again :-)

I see what you did there haha
  • Options

Re Brooklyn, I'd completely forgotten about this. I think Saoirse Ronan is one of the finest young actors around so I'll probably give this a go.

It's a nice film. I downloaded and watched it when it was released on DVD and remember it was quite touching. Ronan is such a beautiful and lovable girl. It's funny I really disliked her character in Atonement but she looks so different these days. And a very good actress too.
    Atonement - What a fantastic film.
    One of my all-time favourite films. And the sound track is one of my all-time favourites too. I cried so much watching it.

Read the book some months later and was underwhelmed.
  • Options
    Always surprises me just how few films I’ve watched when I read others comments. Never seen Atonement or Groundhog Day
  • Options
    What day is BIG on ?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Good man @Bedsaddick :+1: , didn't need any cajoling this year😉.
  • Options

Ban emojis in title threads

Don't you start Henners I've had enough trouble with @Cordoban Addick :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Always surprises me just how few films I’ve watched when I read others comments. Never seen Atonement or Groundhog Day

Same with me mate. Watched Elf for the first time yesterday, which is surprising considering how much I love Christmas.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    MONDAY 17th OF DECEMBER

Clipart

4.35PM - FILM 4 - Shane

6.55PM - ITV 2 - The Grinch

9.00PM - 5STAR - Olympus Has Fallen

9.00PM - FILM 4 - Eye In The Sky

11.00PM - FILM 4 - Red

12.00PM - AMC - The Fighter - (RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY)
  • Options
    All tune in on Film 4 at 11.00pm please, I'm on 10% commission from the adverts :wink:
  • Options
    Eye in the Sky is very watchable
  • Options
    Is The Fighter the 1 where Mark Wahlberg plays Micky Ward? Good film
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Eye in the Sky is very watchable

Totally agree. I met a guy when touring India last year who had experience of control/ operation rooms. He said it was a very realistic portrayal of such, especially in respect of collateral human damage.

I would commend this film to anyone.
  • Options
    What is AMC? Is that on Freeview?
  • Options
    recorded Elf to watch with the kids at some point.

We all watched Home Alone Friday night, still love that film (both of them)
  • Options

I think it's on Sky.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I think it's on Sky.
    I’m pretty sure it’s on Freeview now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think its exclusive to BT. So you can watch it through sky if you have the BT channels etc.
    Might be on freeview via BT showcase (channel 59? I think)
  • Options
    When's The Great Escape on?
  • Options

When's The Great Escape on?

Christmas day - ITV 15:10
  • Options

What’s Brooklyn about?

there is an advertising campaign a t m on the radio (forgot for what) .. girl says to man .. 'we're going to the cinema to see the new movie, 'The Melting Snowman' .. gormless man .. 'oh yeah what's it about?' .. pregnant pause .. then .. 'err it's about a snowman who melts'
  • Options
    Anyone seen the movie channel on freeview.

Nothing but christmas movies all day everyday its been on for a few weeks now, but they have always been rubbish christmas films haha

Channel 62
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    The Fighter is a cracking film with Christian Bale. Even Mark Wahlberg turns in a great performance.
  • Options

Anyone seen the movie channel on freeview.

Nothing but christmas movies all day everyday its been on for a few weeks now, but they have always been rubbish christmas films haha

Channel 62

My wife loves that channel but there’s not a single film on it that i can recommend!
  • Options

Just watched The Christmas Chronicles.

I am one pathetic human being. 42 years old and I don’t think there’s a single Christmas film I don’t end up crying watching!!

42 and with you on that @AFKABartram
    It’s having kids, I think ;-)