Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Wimbledon - Match Thread

Afternoon everyone from a cold, rainy and downright miserable South East London.

Here’s hoping the boys in red provide some cheer to warm the cockles.

Team news when it comes.

Come on you reds!!

Comments

• Nip into the shop and get something for the food bank. Not beans. Soup and canned fruit is good.
  • seth plum said:

Nip into the shop and get something for the food bank. Not beans. Soup and canned fruit is good.

Is there a collection going on?
  • @Oggy Red would you be able to kick off a post-Match thread after the final whistle please?
  • Huge, huge respect to anyone turning out this afternoon in this weather.
  • edited December 2018

@Oggy Red would you be able to kick off a post-Match thread after the final whistle please?

Yep, sure Boss.

You going for a few beers after? :smile:

• edited December 2018

On my 1st train

I fucking love this feeling

Edit: the feeling of football i mean, not being on a train haha

Didn't need to clarify that Paulie we all love a choo choo. Hope you've got your note book with you :smiley:

Edit; damn that West Country exile beat me to it by a comfortable 3 minutes :wink:
  • Just got to Lewisham waiting for 14:00 to Charlton

Come on you addicks
  • On my 1st train

I fucking love this feeling

Edit: the feeling of football i mean, not being on a train haha

You're a Charlton fan!

You love the train as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good to see Taylor and Bielik have made it. Still no place for Clarke on the bench though.
  • Oggy Red said:

@Oggy Red would you be able to kick off a post-Match thread after the final whistle please?

Yep, sure Boss.

Nice thought! Just hard to type when walking along with the kids

Cheers

Trains go from one extreme to another. The current South Eastern Express to the Home of Football is about 140 degrees
  • edited December 2018
    Oggy Red said:

Yep, sure Boss.

Don't let him take liberties Ogster try and negotiate a promote out of him :wink: .
  • Oggy Red said:

Yep, sure Boss.

See "Drunk" thread for further details. ;)
  • Grant and Lapslie both out
  • edited December 2018
    Biggest surprise is that Clarke isn’t back on the bench again.
  • Lee Bowyer has made three changes to the side that beat Portsmouth 2-1 on Tuesday for this afternoon's game against AFC Wimbledon at The Valley.

Chris Solly, Tariqe Fosu and Nicky Ajose replace Anfernee Dijksteel, George Lapslie and Karlan Grant.

Lapslie was outstanding in Tuesday’s game but suffered a mild concussion towards the end of the match which is why he misses out. Dijksteel makes way for the previously ever-present Solly and will be on the bench, while Grant misses the game with the hamstring injury that forced him off in the first half on Tuesday.

Krystian Bielik, Lyle Taylor and Mark Marshall all sustained injuries in Tuesday’s bruising win but are available for this afternoon’s game.

The Addicks are expected to set-up in the familiar diamond formation with Solly, Patrick Bauer, captain Jason Pearce and Naby Sarr in front of Jed Steer. Bielik is expected to hold in midfield with Ben Reeves and Joe Aribo ahead of him. Taylor and Ajose have netted five goals between them in their last two games playing together and Fosu is expected to play just behind them.

Live commentary of this afternoon’s game begins on Valley Pass at 2.45pm. You can purchase Valley Pass by clicking here.
  • Assuming Clarke has had a setback
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody west ham fan on train going to game.

Said where are charlton
    Where are wimbledon

Then said i dont follow league 1 football

Then why the fuck are u here
  • Here's the team in English:

Charlton: Steer; Solly, Bauer, Pearce (C), Sarr; Bielik, Reeves, Aribo, Fosu; Taylor, Ajose.

Substitutes: Phillips, Stevenson, Dijksteel, Marshall, Morgan, Sarpong-Wiredu, Hackett-Fairchild

He played 90 minutes for the stiffs, sorry U23 Development team, on Monday.

• Apparently Wimbledon have picked a team without a striker
  • Oggy Red said:

Assuming Clarke has had a setback

Then i am confused
    70 minutes against Mansfield
    90 against Donny

Surely he is better option for bench
  • Good bit of confidence for Sarpang Wiredu on the bench

Be good if were 4-0 up and can give him 10-15mins on the pitch
  • Oggy Red said:

Assuming Clarke has had a setback

Then i am confused
    70 minutes against Mansfield
    90 against Donny

Surely he is better option for bench
    I don't know, Paulie.
    Bowyer is the manager, he'll have his reasons and he'll know why?

Maybe he's being kept wrapped up for Christmas?

Lord knows, we could do with a fresh extra body in the squad for those games.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!