Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury Latest-13/12/18

Karlan Grant was substituted after 35 minutes on Tuesday with a hamstring injury. He will undergo a scan on his hamstring today so we can assess the full extent of any injury but the early signs are that it is not too serious.

Krystian Bielik came off in the 80th minute and will require further assessment today before making a decision on his involvement on Saturday following the nose injury sustained in a challenge.

Lyle Taylor is struggling with an injury and bruising to the right foot following the challenge that resulted in the red card. At the moment he will be a doubt for the game on Saturday. He is in a protective boot for precaution and we will undergo further tests in the next 36 hours to determine the full extent of the injury.

Mark Marshall has sustained a knock to his left hip in a challenge and will require further assessment and treatment over the next 24 hours before a decision is made on his availability for Saturday.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c114a4fcf0ce/injury-updates-on-karlan-grant-krystian-bielik-lyle-taylor-and-mark-marshall-following-portsmouth-win

Comments

• Options
    IF Taylor starts, who is going to partner him if we play two up front... and your reasons for choosing them.
  • Options
    Ajose - there could be no-one else
  • Options
    addick05 said:

IF Taylor starts, who is going to partner him if we play two up front... and your reasons for choosing them.

Has to be Ajose, scored during the week and the only other experienced striker we have.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Karlan Grant - He is Taylor's partner.
    If KG is unavailable then it has to be Nicky Ajose - scored as required when called upon on Tuesday and worked hard.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

I will.
    Because I can do 10 keepie ups.
  • Options
    I’m confident Taylor will play.
  • Options
    I think Taylor and Bielik will play, Marshall will be on the bench and Grant will miss out for a week or two.
  • Options

I genuinely hope that if Grant and Taylor are not fully fit then Bowyer doesn't play them just because we don't really have much other option.

I'd rather we have almost no chance of scoring and heighten our chances of losing a game and are fit for the following week than play at 60-70% and aggravate the injuries further.

• Options
    Clarke has been getting game time for the under 23s or whatever.
    He could be an option from the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put Sarr up top
  • Options
    Greenie said:

addick05 said:

I will.
    Because I can do 10 keepie ups.
    You're in! Bring your boots.

Wasn't the question. Assuming Taylor did play who will play with him?
  • Options
    Taylor will be desperate to play against his former club

No way should Grant be risked, not with a hamstring injury unless he is 100% fit, it's not worth losing him over Xmas when Ajose is perfectly capable of doing a job. Indeed I suspect Taylor is one of those players who makes his strike partner look good, as his movement creates so much space for them.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

No way should Grant be risked, not with a hamstring injury unless he is 100% fit, it's not worth losing him over Xmas when Ajose is perfectly capable of doing a job. Indeed I suspect Taylor is one of those players who makes his strike partner look good, as his movement creates so much space for them.

Having Taylor has improved karlan's game, But because of his pace Grant has still got into goal scoring positions that MaGennis can only dream of.
  • Options

Having Taylor has improved karlan's game, But because of his pace Grant has still got into goal scoring positions that MaGinnis can only dream of.
    True but I'm sure Magennis would score more goals alongside Taylor than he did under 4-2-3-1...
  • Options

Having Taylor has improved karlan's game, But because of his pace Grant has still got into goal scoring positions that MaGinnis can only dream of.
    True but I'm sure Magennis would score more goals alongside Taylor than he did under 4-2-3-1...
    Probably yes.
    But not as many as Grant.
    Magennis for all his efforts just isn't a natural goalscorer
  • Options
    Could try a Taylor-Keohane dream combo up front.
  • Options
    I think Ajose deserves to play if Karlan is unfit.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    If Grant and Bielik are out...

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Dijksteel
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Taylor Ajose
  • Options
    Sage said:

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Dijksteel
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Taylor Ajose
    Why drop Reeves?

Fosu does not appear fully fit and is out of form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Dijksteel
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Taylor Ajose
    Why drop Reeves?

Because Reeves has only just come back himself from injury and without Grant we lack someone who can run at a team with a bit of pace and trickery, Fosu provides us with that.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Dijksteel
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Taylor Ajose
    Why drop Reeves?

Because Reeves has only just come back himself from injury and without Grant we lack someone who can run at a team with a bit of pace and trickery, Fosu provides us with that.
    Fosu this season has provided us with nothing.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Sage said:

Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Dijksteel
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Taylor Ajose
    Why drop Reeves?

Not sure he has played a single game as a winger. When played in his natural position he is one of the best in the league.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Sage said:

Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Dijksteel
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Taylor Ajose
    Why drop Reeves?

Not sure he has played a single game as a winger. When played in his natural position he is one of the best in the league.
    Taylor's played midfield all season his still managed to score bucket loads
  • Options
    Sage said:

Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Dijksteel
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Taylor Ajose
    Why drop Reeves?

A fair point and against a poor defence it could be just what he needs to find his form; but I can’t see Bows moving Dyksteel to midfield for his first ever first team start in that position with no experience alongside him. If he wants to play Fosu I would expect Dyksteel to make way.
  • Options
    Would keep same back four as at Pompey , Wimbledon will be another big , physical side . Only change I think will be Ajose for Grant .
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Put Sarr up top

Keep him at left back. Put Fosu up with Ajose.
  • Options
    One of Grant or Taylor will play with Ajose in my opinion

Loads of games coming up so not worth the risk

Ajose played well on Tuesday
  • Options

So am i.

But I doubt he will be fully fit
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

shirty5 said:

Put Sarr up top

Keep him at left back. Put Fosu up with Ajose.
    Mighty midget attack.

At least Bowyer won't have to worry about the quality of Marshall's crosses.