Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland home game confirmed for 5th Jan

124»

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Goes to show it is the importance of the match/opposition that drives the crowd rather than the owner.

Not for me it’s not

• Options
    edited January 2019
    MrOneLung said:

Goes to show it is the importance of the match/opposition that drives the crowd rather than the owner.

Not sure sure it does go to show.

Whilst Roland may still be in charge, I’m certain a large number of returnees today was due to takeover news of this week (and wanting an early excuse for celebration - hence the Roland going home songs today) rather than us playing Sunderland.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:

Mine still haven't arrived, anybody else having issues? Before I phone the ticket office

Did you use a gmail account? They are having problems delivering emails to them

• Options
    edited January 2019

MrOneLung said:

Roland selling will add about 200 to our average attendance

LOLOLOL.

NB If we're talking about bums on seats as opposed to official attendance.
    I would suggest the home support was up by a minimum of 50%.
    Ditto for Accrington if the prick is gone.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

I cant imagine there will be more then a few hundred extra Charlton turn up at best. You wont see another 2-3K Charlton in the ground just because its Sunderland.

There might have been if this game was near the end of the season and we were in the promotion mix, but in January?

Depends if Roland has sold before Saturday I can see a few extra thousand turning up
    More than a few extra thousand turned up and he hasnt even sold
  • Options

Looking forward to this, hope a bumper crowd shows up, they’ll sell out no problem, think it could reached the 15k mark if we have a good Xmas.

Just like to point out to the two lifers that lol’d me over this comment, that I told you so.
    Apologies :blush:
  • Options
    Took me 3 hours from leaving my house in Maidstone to walking in the White Swan. Bloody trains. Would take 40 mins max in the Car!