Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland home game confirmed for 5th Jan

Comments

• Options

Allez allez allez

I’m in the Covered End (that’s the lower north to those of you that are newbies and should never be confused with the upper north) and I don’t know the words to that one yet and I suspect I’m not alone in that because nobody in the CE seems to join in. By the time the sound drifts down to us the words are unintelligible...are there words to it ?
    Every Saturday we follow the boys in Red and White
    Now we've got Lee Bowyer were fucking dynamite
    Sam Bartram Jimmy Seed They won The FA Cup
    I know you wont believe us
    But the Reds are going up

Alleez Alleez Alleez

Also the Upper North is The Covered End
    I’ll never remember all that...the club will have to put it in the ‘big’ screen will a little bouncing ball humping from word to word in time either the tune...

The upper north is the upper north, not the Covered End
  • Options

Allez allez allez

I’m in the Covered End (that’s the lower north to those of you that are newbies and should never be confused with the upper north) and I don’t know the words to that one yet and I suspect I’m not alone in that because nobody in the CE seems to join in. By the time the sound drifts down to us the words are unintelligible...are there words to it ?

It's not.
  • Options

Allez allez allez

Alleez Alleez Alleez

NO IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Allez allez allez

Alleez Alleez Alleez

NO IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!!
    Fight Fight Fight! ooooooh Charlton aggro!
  • Options
    Getting the numbers back will take a lot of work and time, but this can only be achieved on the back of the club moving in the right direction. It has been done before and can be done again. You cannot fail to notice all the development going on around the ground/area and there are and will be many new customers to tap into once you have a good enough product.
  • Options

Allez allez allez

Alleez Alleez Alleez

I’ll never remember all that...the club will have to put it in the ‘big’ screen will a little bouncing ball humping from word to word in time either the tune...
    If it's any easier, i'll start with 'who the fuckin'ell are you' swiftly followed by ' your support is fuckin shit'

• Options
    edited January 2019
    יאללה אתם אדומים(תודה גוגל
  • Options

Allez allez allez

Alleez Alleez Alleez

If it's any easier, i'll start with 'who the fuckin'ell are you' swiftly followed by ' your support is fuckin shit'

Followed by; 'Small town in Newcastle, you're just a small town in Newcastle' :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Allez allez allez

Alleez Alleez Alleez

And then a quick chorus of ‘is that all you take away...’
  • Options

Allez allez allez

Alleez Alleez Alleez

And then a quick chorus of ‘is that all you take away...’
    ... which will inevitably be followed by “sing when you’re winning, you only sing when you’re winning”
  • Options

Getting the numbers back will take a lot of work and time, but this can only be achieved on the back of the club moving in the right direction. It has been done before and can be done again. You cannot fail to notice all the development going on around the ground/area and there are and will be many new customers to tap into once you have a good enough product.

The day he goes, I will be buying 2 season tickets
  • Options

The day he goes, I will be buying 2 season tickets
    Fat arse
    You called?
  • Options

Quickest way to do that will obviously be to get promotion and then buy decent players in the summer. Will straight away get more home fans coming back to see a team whose owner finally cares about success. Plus a lot of championship sides will bring 3k to the Valley.
  • Options
    How about:

‘you sound like tackems to me, you sound like tackems to me, you ain’t Makems your’re takems, you sound like takems to me’

Or ‘you don’t build ships anymore’
  • Options

Quickest way to do that will obviously be to get promotion and then buy decent players in the summer. Will straight away get more home fans coming back to see a team whose owner finally cares about success. Plus a lot of championship sides will bring 3k to the Valley.
    If I was a new owner I would try and contact everyone who is on the data base that is not a season ticket and offer them a free ticket. Maybe send them a ticket that would need validating to become active so you can a) allocate a seat and b) obtain a good list of potential re-signers.

Jumping the gun a bit though!
  • Options
    Sunderland have sold over 3,000 seats in the Jimmy Seed Stand for the match and tickets are on restricted sale to prevent Black Cats fans from buying in the home areas.

Placing a match on restricted sale in the event of the away end selling out is standard practice for the club and all Charlton supporters on the club’s ticketing database can still buy tickets for the game.

SE7’s East, West and North Stands are expected to be busy on Saturday and supporters who have yet to purchase their tickets are advised to do so as early as they can to help minimise matchday queues.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c2f37a32f9e5/tickets-sunderland-match-placed-on-restricted-sale-as-jimmy-seed-stand-sells-out
  • Options
    Cue and be wary of any new lifers asking for any tickets going spare :open_mouth:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mine still haven't arrived, anybody else having issues? Before I phone the ticket office
  • Options
    Apparently Sunderland streaming game for all international fans why can’t we do that.for our international VPN fans
  • Options

Apparently Sunderland streaming game for all international fans why can’t we do that.for our international VPN fans

Must have their own version of iFollow then as they've not signed up to that
  • Options
    Yes why can’t we do this then.
  • Options
    Might become something we'll do under the Aussies

Not sure why we've not done it already as remember someone from Comms / ValleyPass doing an actual survey on here to find out who'd be interested in Charlton doing their own streaming service
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

I cant imagine there will be more then a few hundred extra Charlton turn up at best. You wont see another 2-3K Charlton in the ground just because its Sunderland.

There might have been if this game was near the end of the season and we were in the promotion mix, but in January?

I can't imagine for a nano second that there will only be 300 more home fans for Sunderland, than there were v Walsall.
    (having seen Charlton play both Sunderland and Walsall over the last 45 plus years).
    There will be an announced attendance of 15,000 minimum.

NB I don't recall too many people discussing the Walsall game in advance).
    Attendance 16,317, 3,125 away fans I believe.
    Game, set & match.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    MrOneLung said:

Roland selling will add about 200 to our average attendance

LOLOLOL.

NB If we're talking about bums on seats as opposed to official attendance.
    I would suggest the home support was up by a minimum of 50%.
  • Options
    Can’t belive how silent they was for 3k off them
  • Options

Can’t belive how silent they was for 3k off them

They were quiet up there too (until they scored at the end!).

Great noise from the home ends today, very respectable attendance too - must be the first time we’ve had 16,000+ at home for a league match that didn’t have discounted tickets for quite a while?
  • Options
    Goes to show it is the importance of the match/opposition that drives the crowd rather than the owner.