Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland home game confirmed for 5th Jan

Comments

• Options
    Rehearsal for this season's play off final ?
  • Options

Was talking to a Sunderland fan at work yesterday and he said that Newcastle had requested 11k tickets to watch their under 21's in the EFL game at the SOL next month. The old bill intervened and they've ended up with 3k.

11k! Think he's stretching the truth a bit there.

Newcastle United have received an allocation of just 2,800 tickets for their under-21's Checkatrade Trophy derby clash as Sunderland.

The Checkatrade Trophy rules say that away clubs are entitled to 10% of a stadium’s capacity.

For this match it should have meant at least 4,900 tickets for Newcastle fans.

However, after Newcastle asked for that full allocation, Sunderland Director Charlie Methven revealed they were trying to deny their local rivals the full allocation.

Many Newcastle United fans are going to be unhappy as Sunderland have restricted the Magpies to only 2,800 tickets, which is even less than you would be entitled to (minimum 3,000) if it had been a Premier League game.

The rivals will clash in the last 16 of the competition on January 8 at the Stadium of Light.
    Surely if the ruled are 10% they cant suddenly change that
  • Options

Was talking to a Sunderland fan at work yesterday and he said that Newcastle had requested 11k tickets to watch their under 21's in the EFL game at the SOL next month. The old bill intervened and they've ended up with 3k.

Newcastle United have received an allocation of just 2,800 tickets for their under-21's Checkatrade Trophy derby clash as Sunderland.

The Checkatrade Trophy rules say that away clubs are entitled to 10% of a stadium’s capacity.

However, after Newcastle asked for that full allocation, Sunderland Director Charlie Methven revealed they were trying to deny their local rivals the full allocation.

Many Newcastle United fans are going to be unhappy as Sunderland have restricted the Magpies to only 2,800 tickets, which is even less than you would be entitled to (minimum 3,000) if it had been a Premier League game.

The rivals will clash in the last 16 of the competition on January 8 at the Stadium of Light.
    Can probably do what they like and say it's 'on police advice'. Police aren't exactly going to argue with having less work to do.
  • Options

Can probably do what they like and say it's 'on police advice'. Police aren't exactly going to argue with having less work to do.
    I dunno, I imagine a fair few love the easy OT.
  • Options
    as an aside .. Sunderland fans (2,637 of them) made the 640 mile round trip to Pompey to see their defender Loovens sent off and their team lose 3-1 .. expect a few more than that at the Valley on 5/1

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/jack-ross-provides-update-on-glenn-loovens-red-card-appeal-and-reveals-fresh-sunderland-injury-blow-1-9507509
  • Options
    Sunderland have sold near to 3,000 seats in the Jimmy Seed Stand for the match and, should they sell out, tickets will immediately be placed on restricted sale to prevent Black Cats fans from buying in the home areas.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c2cd3e236b2b/tickets-sunderland-game-likely-to-go-on-restricted-sale-before-saturday
  • Options
    Come on lets get a good turnout.
  • Options
    Would be great if we could get 15,000 for this game.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I cant imagine there will be more then a few hundred extra Charlton turn up at best. You wont see another 2-3K Charlton in the ground just because its Sunderland.

There might have been if this game was near the end of the season and we were in the promotion mix, but in January?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

I cant imagine there will be more then a few hundred extra Charlton turn up at best. You wont see another 2-3K Charlton in the ground just because its Sunderland.

There might have been if this game was near the end of the season and we were in the promotion mix, but in January?

Depends if Roland has sold before Saturday I can see a few extra thousand turning up
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    CAFCTrev said:

I can't imagine for a nano second that there will only be 300 more home fans for Sunderland, than there were v Walsall.
    (having seen Charlton play both Sunderland and Walsall over the last 45 plus years).
    There will be an announced attendance of 15,000 minimum.

NB I don't recall too many people discussing the Walsall game in advance).
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Roland selling will add about 200 to our average attendance

You missed a nought of the end.
    2k extra when scrotumface sells
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

For a game or two.
  • Options

Only if all the protesters/stayaways decide to turn up.......like they did for the Shrewsbury play-off game. Glory hunters.
    Ha ha not sure you can ever call a Charlton fan a 'glory hunter'
  • Options

Only if all the protesters/stayaways decide to turn up.......like they did for the Shrewsbury play-off game. Glory hunters.
    2 of us for 6th match in 3 years.
  • Options

Lol.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

2 of us for 6th match in 3 years.
    Perhaps the club should be pinning song sheets to all the seats just so your "Jonny come latelys" can join in with all the new songs......
  • Options
    Allez allez allez
  • Options
    Effing dynamite
  • Options
    Golfie. Do my 50 years in April (Cardiff 4-1) but living in West London, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Australia and Surrey, largely unemployed during most of Duct-tapes reign, I was still one of the Belgium 200. I respect your support. Please respect mine.

Buy you are beer in Vanbrugh Saturday? I enjoy your posts even if polar opposite to mine?

I'll tell you why an Oz is an Addick and perhaps you can give me tips on my swing.
  • Options

Golfie. Do my 50 years in April (Cardiff 4-1) but living in West London, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Australia and Surrey, largely unemployed during most of Duct-tapes reign, I was still one of the Belgium 200. I respect your support. Please respect mine.

Buy you are beer in Vanbrugh Saturday? I enjoy your posts even if polar opposite to mine?

I'll tell you why an Oz is an Addick and perhaps you can give me tips on my swing.

Buy me a beer and I will give u highlighting tips or starting new threads on CL Tips your choice
  • Options
    Seem to remember you were there early doors @harveys_gardener for the unity protest in Sint Truiden.

Good effort.
  • Options

Allez allez allez

I’m in the Covered End (that’s the lower north to those of you that are newbies and should never be confused with the upper north) and I don’t know the words to that one yet and I suspect I’m not alone in that because nobody in the CE seems to join in. By the time the sound drifts down to us the words are unintelligible...are there words to it ?
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

not a chance
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

Whether it’s 200 (that figure seems a bit high to me) or 2,000, nobody will notice because the team is challenging for promotion and crowds will naturally increase anyway. The opportunity to make a statement return because Roland has left has passed (for this season at least).
  • Options

Allez allez allez

I’m in the Covered End (that’s the lower north to those of you that are newbies and should never be confused with the upper north) and I don’t know the words to that one yet and I suspect I’m not alone in that because nobody in the CE seems to join in. By the time the sound drifts down to us the words are unintelligible...are there words to it ?
    Every Saturday we follow the boys in Red and White
    Now we've got Lee Bowyer were fucking dynamite
    Sam Bartram Jimmy Seed They won The FA Cup
    I know you wont believe us
    But the Reds are going up

Alleez Alleez Alleez

Also the Upper North is The Covered End