Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pompey Away

Living on the south coast this is the most eagerly awaited away game of the season for me. Last season was one of the best away days ever! Pompey are on a great run but all good things come to an end and we always seem to win at Fratton Park for as long as I can remember!

Any idea how many we are taking and where is everyone drinking before the game?

Comments

• Redhenry said:

Great day last season

• Living on the south coast this is the most eagerly awaited away game of the season for me. Last season was one of the best away days ever! Pompey are on a great run but all good things come to an end and we always seem to win at Fratton Park for as long as I can remember!

Oh God - what have you done!

Looking forwards to it, hoping to get a pint in the brewery next to the ground.
  • Going tomorrow, shame we will only be taking about a third of what we took down there last year, think we have sold circa 850

Time permitting we always go for a beer in The Artillery Arms as it’s where we park if driving

I’m hoping they might put an extra train into London on the way home as my last train out of Liv St is 00.50, might be a bit tight.

I have a ridiculous record at Fratton Park right back to my first visit in 90/91 but think the run might be over :(
  • edited December 2018

Going tomorrow, shame we will only be taking about a third of what we took down there last year, think we have sold circa 850

Time permitting we always go for a beer in The Artillery Arms as it’s where we park if driving

I’m hoping they might put an extra train into London on the way home as my last train out of Liv St is 00.50, might be a bit tight.

I have a ridiculous record at Fratton Park right back to my first visit in 90/91 but think the run might be over :(

Nationalrail.co.uk

Click on Fratton depart and London arrive
  • Someone could have had my ticket for nothing. No takers ....
  • 850 Is a decent turnout for us on a Tuesday evening TBF
  • Local for me, was chatting to a Pompey fan at work today and was cheered to hear that (a) the away end is now covered, and (b) some Pompey fans think we’ll win tomorrow. Admittedly it’s been a few seasons since I’ve been to Fratton Park!
  • Living on the south coast this is the most eagerly awaited away game of the season for me. Last season was one of the best away days ever! Pompey are on a great run but all good things come to an end and we always seem to win at Fratton Park for as long as I can remember!

Don't be silly you can only have good away days in the fa cup
  • Sponsored links:

• Local for me, was chatting to a Pompey fan at work today and was cheered to hear that (a) the away end is now covered, and (b) some Pompey fans think we’ll win tomorrow. Admittedly it’s been a few seasons since I’ve been to Fratton Park!

The away end has been covered for years.
  • Redhenry said:

Great day last season

Had a brilliant time last season, shame it was rearranged as can't make a midweek away fixture :(
  • Any pubs near Fratton station which allows away fans in?
  • J BLOCK said:

850 Is a decent turnout for us on a Tuesday evening TBF

850 can still make noise in that stand as well
  • For the return journey anybody getting trains from Waterloo East on the Bexleyheath/Woolwich lines note that buses replace trains between Lewisham/Dartford.

Any pubs near Fratton station which allows away fans in?
    </blockq

All of them as long as you are not wearing your colours.

Get down there for 5'ish and the locals will all be finishing work.

• edited December 2018
    clive said:

For the return journey anybody getting trains from Waterloo East on the Bexleyheath/Woolwich lines note that buses replace trains between Lewisham/Dartford.

Alternatively Jubilee line from Southwark and a 486 from the O2 :sunglasses:
  • Anyone know if tickets will be available on the night? I need to buy 2 more. Our website has taken them down.
  • kafka said:

Anyone know if tickets will be available on the night? I need to buy 2 more. Our website has taken them down.

Yes they will.
  • kafka said:

Anyone know if tickets will be available on the night? I need to buy 2 more. Our website has taken them down.

Yes they will.
    Great. c'mon all, Let's make it a great trip like last season!!
  • Sponsored links:

Most pubs do I think. Froddington arms on the high street is a good one or the rifles club on the walk to the ground.
  • We'll be drinking in the Good Companion for a couple of hours before kick off. Hope to see you all there and make our 850 feel like 2000!
  • Easy game for us. We will ride our luck first half, but a nice 0-2 win.
  • Battered tonight, 3v1 Pompey
  • kafka said:

Around 850 Addicks have purchased tickets for Tuesday's game. Charlton supporters will be able to buy on the night
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c0f90f8789a0/match-preview-portsmouth-v-charlton
  • Bowyer just walked past me shopping in Portsmouth

Poundland?
  • shirty5 said:

Bowyer just walked past me shopping in Portsmouth

Poundland?
    Yes! We've gone upmarket at last.

bandages, pain killers and splints
  • Available for a tenner on ifollow