Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statbank: Blackpool 2-1 Charlton - sorry only 2 pages

Many thanks to the 12 Lifers who gave marks and my apologies for closing this a bit early and a short report as I'm off to work soon, I'll do a full statbank after the Pompey game

Comments

• Not good when the goalie keeps getting mom
  • Disappointed that Lapslie is so low... Thought his contribution was obvious when he went off
  • he did ok but very sideways. He used to drive the team forwards in the U18/U21. I know players are obsessed with stats nowadays
  • 6.32 HIGH AVERAGE SCORE FOR A DEFEAT
  • Disappointed that Lapslie is so low... Thought his contribution was obvious when he went off

Yes I was surprised at this. Several people seemed to suggest the game went turned against us when he went off.
  • edited December 2018
    redman said:

Disappointed that Lapslie is so low... Thought his contribution was obvious when he went off

Yes I was surprised at this. Several people seemed to suggest the game went turned against us when he went off.
    Lapslie coming on for Reeves usually gives the side an injection of energy; I can't say that the opposite was true on Saturday for a player who didn't excel in the Donny cup game on his return from injury.

He had some really bright moments, including arguably our best change in the first half from a lovely bit of skill. But his positional sense was awful. He's not a wide midfielder. He doesn't have the positional sense or physicality yet to be a central midfielder, and so it often left us narrow going forward and exposed.
  • RedChaser said:

redman said:

Disappointed that Lapslie is so low... Thought his contribution was obvious when he went off

Lapslie coming on for Reeves usually gives the side an injection of energy; I can't that the opposite was true on Saturday for a player who didn't excel in the Donny cup game on his return from injury.
    Reeves was not good, but I also think it's a little harsh to blame it just on him. The game was really starting to open up and the pitch was deteriorating. Neither of those are great Ben Reeves circumstances. But I don't think he made us significantly worse, apart from a couple of wasted set pieces. I think it was a combination of factors that very well could have happened with Lapslie on the pitch. Look at the first half, they were all over us and we looked outnumbered in midfield.
  • edited December 2018
    SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

redman said:

Lapslie coming on for Reeves usually gives the side an injection of energy; I can't that the opposite was true on Saturday for a player who didn't excel in the Donny cup game on his return from injury.
    Reeves was not good, but I also think it's a little harsh to blame it just on him. The game was really starting to open up and the pitch was deteriorating. Neither of those are great Ben Reeves circumstances. But I don't think he made us significantly worse, apart from a couple of wasted set pieces. I think it was a combination of factors that very well could have happened with Lapslie on the pitch. Look at the first half, they were all over us and we looked outnumbered in midfield.
    I'm with FA on this one, it was rather coincidental that they came back into the game as Lapslie departed the stage and whilst I respect your opinion, you only get a narrow view of the action on ifollow. Reeves was literally running in treacle on a couple of occasions to get back which I'm sure Lapslie wouldn't have been. I definitely agree with you though that his free kicks were crap.

Edit; I'm not blaming the defeat on Reeves by the way and hindsight is a wonderful thing but I felt at the time the substitution was a poor one.