Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton- Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

The amount of late goals we concede is frankly a joke.

Has Bowyer considered resting players?

What is the relevance of that last comment when we clearly deserved a draw at the very least and might even have won it with a little more luck.
    Got fuck all to do with today’s result......if you think it has I’d like to hear how?

It was a joke, lighten up happy
    Well a few posters had irritatingly been banging on about it during the game so naturally I assumed you were doing likewise VG.
    That’s why I said it mate
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    we are tired mate its why we chucked the Cup game to give the poor tired boys a rest----- i know how they feel tho im a tad tired if thus utter shit show myself
  • Options
    Sorry you couldn't make it today Roland, but do let us know if you'll be coming along to Fratton Park on Tuesday as I understand a few of our supporters have an early Christmas present they would like to give to you.

• Options
    I thought Lapslie's crossing was good today.
  • Options

Weve conceded once against Burton / Bristol Rovers and two against Blackpool since the beginning on November in the League - Not a bad return against five teams

I said late goals. Seems like we concede most of our goals towards the end of the game.
  • Options

Fuck Charlton.

That’s nice.
    As Mrs Brown would say.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Sounded like we were very poor in the first half and got better in the second half.

My mate who went said he thought Lapslie and Stevenson looked poor.

Still confident we will finish in the top 6. However, getting my hopes up about top 2 was very foolish of me.
  • Options
    Need Clarkie back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

by the sounds of it we seem to tire out in the last 10 minutes and lost control of the game we should of won ourselfs judging by the rest of the second half performance.

Thought it was the change of Reeves for Lapslie that turned the game... We were dominating until then with Blackpool having everyone back in their box on a number of occasions

Reeves looked average today (Lapslies set pieces were a world better than his) and we missed George's tireless running which he obviously cant do every week
  • Options
    December was always going to be a tough month regardless of what changes were made last Saturday. Anything this Tuesday night would be excellent. Vital we pick up 2 wins in the home games against Wimbledon and Gillingham.
  • Options
    Well done to all who made it up there. Was just hoping we didn’t get beat as we drew closer to full time.

A game in quick succession can either be a good thing to get the defeat out the system, but what a tough game it will be.

I’m reluctant to be too critical as we’ve just won 4 on the spin, but we looked poor against Burton and last week was frustrating given the circumstances and team put out. Seems like a little bit of the wind has been lost in the last 2 weeks

Every faith in Bowyer and JJ and the players to turn it around. Agree with HI, Cullen looking like a big loss.

I think December will be a big month. If we fall away will that prompt Duchatelet to press the button on the jan sales. We also lose Ward as it stands

We need to get at least a point on Tuesday I think
  • Options

For everyone’s sanity, I think we should all drop the FA Cup angle now. It’s done. Move on.

Give it a rest...!!! ;):)
  • Options
    With all the FA Cup comments I wonder if everyone enjoyed a big day out at Blackpool today in the League rather than Cup?

Oh yes silly me!!
  • Options

People can say what they like but the facts speak for themselves

Blackpool had 9 players who started today starting in the FA Cup

We had 2.

If we played a full strength team last week would we have won today maybe not, would we have won last week again maybe not, but resting players last week did not help today either.

People have been saying all week 4 points from Blackpool and Portsmouth and Bowyers decision would be justified, well thats now impossible

Bangs head repeatedly on table!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only listened in to the Blackpool commentary & felt our defence, apart from Steer, had a torrid time for around the first 35 minutes.

Seemed to regroup at halftime but after Joe's equaliser, we failed to put the ball in the net again despite constantly attacking them.

And then, the sucker punch.

My comments for what they're worth are that Fosu's name was hardly mentioned again & I question whether Stevenson had performed SO well in the Cup match to warrant a start today in what was a 6 pointer.

I thought Marshall deserved to start , or at least to be brought on sooner than he was, as he had stood out against Doncaster last Saturday.

I didn't have chance to read the pre match comments so maybe missed out on injury news but did Anfernee, Naby & Wardy have knocks ?

I can take a less than full strength side in the Cup( although others will argue against this) but why today ?

Surely this one was as important as Tuesday's at Fratton Park ?
  • Options

Weve conceded once against Burton / Bristol Rovers and two against Blackpool since the beginning on November in the League - Not a bad return against five teams

I said late goals. Seems like we concede most of our goals towards the end of the game.
    10 league goals conceded in the last 14 minutes of the game. That’s poor.
  • Options
    I think what is most depressing is that Blackpool are a club in arguably more turmoil than us and have beaten us, so really as much as I blame Roland those players today need to face criticism as well.
  • Options
    Humph. Yes it's been said many times already, BUT the resting of players last week looks hard to justify now when you look at our results versus the teams which put out stronger team

Got no expectation about Tuesday, I imagine we'll keep it tight and hope to nick a draw against a very good Pompey team
  • Options

Slipped to 7th now, 7 points off automatic and we'll drop to 8th if we lose heavily on Tuesday.

If Pompey beat us we will be SIXTEEN points off top after 21 games!!

Oh for crying out loud, go down the pub for a drink.

• Options
    Views on the actual match

Was a similar game to the infamous Yeovil game where conditions seemed to have an impact at times and the Bury game at the Valley last season when we drew 1-1.

Basically it was a jekyll and hyde performamce... We didnt get started at all and Blackpool deserved their lead, should maybe have been 3-0 up by Half Time but for some excellent Steer saves; ultimately took until the 35th minute to get going which you just cant do in Football.

Second half and it was the complete reverse (hence the Yeovil reference); we deserved our equaliser and should have gotten a few more, today was one of those days though where we needed Taylor in the box to receive the crosses rather than being the other way around.

As already mentioned I thought Lapslie going off was what enabled Blackpool to win it as we lost the tireless running from him and so gave them more space to exploit

You could argue that their Defender should have been sent off midway through the first half yet Blackpool may have just tightened up and protected their 1-0 lead for the rest of the game, yet for me it was a proper 1-1 draw and neither actually deserved the three points.

Oh well on to a difficult Portsmouth game that is winable, people need to remember they were beaten by Gillingham and most of the time this season we've seen Charlton raising their game against the top teams... COYR!!!
  • Options

10 league goals conceded in the last 14 minutes of the game. That’s poor.
    Is it that few... I thought I saw somewhere on SKY saying that us and Walsall had conceded about 15 late goals