Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

O2 Down

Comments

• Options
    Ridiculous that they can give no idea of timeline for when the issues will be resolved. Wonder if we will be getting a refund for the time without service?
  • Options
    O2 will only come back up when the Russians unblock it. Just another probe to see what effect it has.
  • Options
    Sat Nav not working.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

Sat Nav not working.

I’m lost for words.
  • Options
    All working now in Rochester Kent.
  • Options
    Was convinced takeover was going to happen today with the data blackout being sod's law meaning I couldn't follow all the shenanigans.

Pleased log on to WiFi and see all is in order and it's business as usual.
  • Options
    Who needs a terror attack when you could remotely hack key infrastructure systems and shut them down?

(I know this wasn’t a hack, but just goes to show you what happens if you take out a phone provider/the internet)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ross said:

Who needs a terror attack when you could remotely hack key infrastructure systems and shut them down?

(I know this wasn’t a hack, but just goes to show you what happens if you take out a phone provider/the internet)

This will be a key element in any major war in the future involving a civilised country. Knock out the internet, traffic lights, air traffic control, power stations etc. Let mass panic and confusion set in for a few hours and then march right in.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Ross said:

This will be a key element in any major war in the future involving a civilised country. Knock out the internet, traffic lights, air traffic control, power stations etc. Let mass panic and confusion set in for a few hours and then march right in.
    Wouldn't they get lost without a satnav?
    Russian U Boats off the coast will be directing the troops, they will not be using amything already blocked.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Ross said:

Wouldn't they get lost without a satnav?
    Russian U Boats off the coast will be directing the troops, they will not be using amything already blocked.
    to quote Boney M .. 'Oh those Russians' .. I think we have more to fear from the fecking French ((:>) .. they still haven't forgotten Agincourt.. OR Waterloo
  • Options
    Been very unreliable on Isle of Wight today too
  • Options
    thats just on the CAFC sale thread
  • Options
    Latest update reckons it will be back in the morning

Our network teams continue to make this a top priority and we are slowly beginning to restore our services which will continue throughout tonight.

Mark Evans, CEO, Telefonica (O2) UK:
    I want to let our customers know how sorry I am for the impact our network data issue has had on them, and reassure them that our teams, together with Ericsson, are doing everything we can.
    We will continue to work with Ericsson, through the night, who have assured us that a full service will be restored for customers by the morning. We fully appreciate it’s been a poor experience and we are really sorry.

Marielle Lindgren, CEO Ericsson UK & Ireland:
    The cause of today’s network issue is in certain nodes in the core network resulting in network disturbances for a limited number of customers across the world, including in the UK. We have been working hard on resolving the UK data issue since early this morning. The faulty software that has caused these issues is being decommissioned. Our priority is to restore full data services on the network by tomorrow morning. Ericsson sincerely apologises to customers for the inconvenience caused.
  • Options
    They’re having a shocker. Don’t think I’ve ever known it to be down this long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If its a software issue, just roll it back to when it worked. It cant be that bloody difficult?
  • Options

Latest update reckons it will be back in the morning

Our network teams continue to make this a top priority and we are slowly beginning to restore our services which will continue throughout tonight.

Mark Evans, CEO, Telefonica (O2) UK:
    I want to let our customers know how sorry I am for the impact our network data issue has had on them, and reassure them that our teams, together with Ericsson, are doing everything we can.
    We will continue to work with Ericsson, through the night, who have assured us that a full service will be restored for customers by the morning. We fully appreciate it’s been a poor experience and we are really sorry.

Marielle Lindgren, CEO Ericsson UK & Ireland:
    The cause of today’s network issue is in certain nodes in the core network resulting in network disturbances for a limited number of customers across the world, including in the UK. We have been working hard on resolving the UK data issue since early this morning. The faulty software that has caused these issues is being decommissioned. Our priority is to restore full data services on the network by tomorrow morning. Ericsson sincerely apologises to customers for the inconvenience caused.

Even fully replacing the nodes and recommisioning them shouldn't take this long. I strongly suspect some foul play strategic fuckery. That's some serious disruption and not the sort of disruption that even a mobile mast collapsing would cause.

Telefonica will be birthing big fat panic babies until this is back up and as an O2 customer I am backing the fuck away and jumping ship. This is not good at all
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

If its a software issue, just roll it back to when it worked. It cant be that bloody difficult?

Sounds like they've decommissioned something without a working rollback plan. Oops!
  • Options
    3G back for me, but not 4G
  • Options
    Back in Bexley - AC/DC
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

All the makings of an ill prepared upgrade.
  • Options
    COMPENSATION please!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Nothing in Horsham...
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    JohnBoyUK said:

You'd think so, but most of the halfwits I worked for (big big names) in 27 years of ICT would find it difficult...

"what do you mean we shut down that server 2 years ago?"

OR

"what do you mean our backup system has not been working for a week, despite us spending £Xm on a fancy all singing all dancing o/s that does not work!"

And then the witch hunt begins, career suits diving for cover!
  • Options
    3G back here.