Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton | Sat 08 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Blackpool at full strength and we pick up yet another injury. We have been getting results without playing well and these next two will test us. With Taylor there is always a chance but I think Blackpool will nick it. 1-0 to Blackpool.
  • Options

Steer
    Solly Bauer Bielik Pearce Sarr
    Marshall Aribo
    Clarke
    Taylor Grant

Bowyer goes three at the back to counter their aerial threat.

A horrible game but we win one nil from a corner.

I can see the appeal, but where is the midfield?

We would get totally overrun with Marshall and Aribo in that position and only a returning Clarke behind the front two.
  • Options
    Southbank said:

Steer
    Marshall Aribo
    Clarke
    Taylor Grant

Not sure about Clarke, but I like that back 5

I thought Dijksteel played well as a CB last week, so all of a sudden we look quite strong in that position
    I agree about Dijksteel, but from what we have seen of him at full back I would like to see him as a defensive midfielder. He is more mobile than Bielik and as good a tackler. Then we could play 3 centre backs with Bielik as one. Aribo could play more advanced and leave Clarke out, he is not ready. That would be a tough team to beat.
    Playing youngsters in their position sounds a bit revolutionary to me.
  • Options

Steer
    Marshall Aribo
    Clarke
    Taylor Grant

Sarr at left wing back? Shirley you’re not serious.
  • Options
    Steer
    Dijksteel, Bauer, Pearce, Solly
    Bielik
    Aribo, Clarke
    Fosu
    Taylor, Grant
  • Options
    1-1 will do, happy to be out of the cup. Just as long as we go UP!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Looking at the two sides we are slightly better but they are home so honours even. But we have Lyle Taylor so 1-0 Addicks
  • Options

Steer
    Marshall Aribo
    Clarke
    Taylor Grant

Why not, we know he likes to get forward and can pass quite well?
  • Options

Steer
    Marshall Aribo
    Clarke
    Taylor Grant

Why not, we know he likes to get forward and can pass quite well?
    Wing backs are traditionally and appropriately pacey, energetic and nippy, you can’t tell me you’re expecting to see him overlap Taylor and whip cross in.
  • Options
    I can't believe that the craven capitulation in the FA cup has denied us a trip to a historic Lancashire club fallen on hard times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure about the score, but can guarantee it will have nothing to do with our tactics and formation.
    More like, one or two individual's inspirational /fuck up/lucky moments to either side will be the deciding factors. Following that random spectacle - on post match thread we will all have a detailed tactical explanation to the how and why.

League 1...

2:0 Charlton
  • Options
    Fully rested, our super fit squad will tear them apart in a pulsating and passionate encounter which proves Bowyer right yet again.

• Options
    Morning all.
    Up nice and early time for a shower,coffee and then make my way to Euston.
    COYR
  • Options
    See you later Stevie
  • Options
    1-2 and we go to Pompey in good heart, but neither of these games will be easy, so despite my prediction I'd be happy if we get 4 points from both, we certainly don't want to come back Tuesday night with 0 points from both matches!!!
  • Options

Morning all.
    Up nice and early time for a shower,coffee and then make my way to Euston.
    COYR

Have a good day Blackpool, don't spend too much you've got an extra pint to get next Saturday
  • Options
    Been singing a whole variety of Charlton songs this morning, which leads me on to a different one. Woke up this morning feeling fine...

3 points today, gutted I can’t be there but let’s have our support as best as we can be and we force the 3 points home with us by being that extra push the players will need on a day like today, cold, wet and windy up north by the sea in December.
  • Options
    Soggy pitch, big opponents at full strength us rested !!!! Defeat written all over it
  • Options

Soggy pitch, big opponents at full strength us rested !!!! Defeat written all over it

plus very strong winds … it's gonna be a long ball kinda game
  • Options

And we are effective at route one football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Blackpool in December for a 3rd tier football match !
    Good luck to our travelling fans as winter draws on, or at least some thermals.
    The winner today will be the team that uses the wind to their advantage and who lady luck is favouring.

4-3 to the Tangerines in a game of ebb and flow before the tide turns to the home team's advantage. Teenage Joe do do do scores a brace and gets his stuttering career sailing again.

Lee Bowyer knows this game might define his season as he treated last weak as a friendly despite FA cup 2nd round being the monocle. I for one understand why he did it BUT we must get at least a point today if not 3 to justify that decision.

It's an ill wind......
  • Options

And we are effective at route one football
    Just a shame Ward won't be on the end of Steer's clearances.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    2 - 0
    We’re better than we have been and with more hope but not much better and not much more hope.

Club is going nowhere fast.
  • Options
    Can we lay to rest the curse of Manager of the Month??
  • Options

Managed to get a couple of steps onto the pitch, seems fine at the moment. Has been drizzling for about half an hour now but no major concerns that I can see
  • Options
    I have a bad feeling about today. We have not been playing well despite getting results and I think our luck is about to run out. Ward is a a blow and I honestly wonder whether our training regime is flawed as I simply cannot believe that our run of injuries is normal. I think this will be one of those seasons where we go in alternate good and bad runs where we win a few on the bounce or lose a few on the bounce. I can see a little bad run coming up. Hope I’m wrong. But if we get anything at all out of the next two games I will be eating a big slice of humble pie.
  • Options
    Had a nightmare journey up last night. Left Euston at 8.30 but didn't get to my hotel until 01.30.

Wanted a win at the start of the week but would now take a point. Fully expect to lose to a last minute deflected OG.
  • Options
    At least we know Grant and Taylor both playing haha

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Looks to me as though we're going toe to toe with them

Steer
    Bauer | Bielik | Pearce
    Solly | Aribo | Lapslie | Stevenson
    Fosu
    Grant | Taylor

Is the only reason I can think of Stevenson being ahead of Sarr because the former is the only one to play Wing-Back on the left other than Page
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!