Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton | Sat 08 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:

addick05 said:

addick05 said:

We must win after fielding a weakened team, also if we need to win to keep comfortable in the play offs and show we are looking upwards rather than down.

0-2 Charlton - COYR

We 'must win'? No such thing in football mate. Just wish Fosu was in the side and on top of his game, can be so creative. Blackpool are a more than decent side and if we are not on top of our game they will beat us. Obviously hoping for a win but will settle for a point. 1-1

You always have must win games, relegation / promotion games. However on this one i just think solely on the basis we didn't give a hoot about the FA cup game and rested the majority of our team, would seem pointless if we dont get a result tomorrow IMO.

Using that logic you may as well say the Portsmouth game is also a 'must win'. Saturday's result will not affect either our promotion hopes or our chances of relegation. Sure, if they don't turn up and give 100% on Saturday then the knives will be out.
    There are months to go before any game becomes a 'must win' and there will be games like Coventry - where we smashed them off the pitch and lost - and Burton where we played badly and nicked the points.

Of course it will. All points one or lost directly affect our promotion hopes
    Naturally. The point I have simply been trying to make is that this ONE game is not the be all and end all of our season. It is NOT a 'must win' scenario.

• Options
    How is Fosu getting into peoples sides ahead of Marshall still? At least Marshall puts 100% in!
  • Options

Once again the Football League website doesnt want to update the Referee's officiating this weekend - If anyone is able to source who the man in black / green / orange / whatever will be on Saturday I'll update the thread accordingly

Tony Harrington from Cleveland is the referee mate! Sky bet championship referee
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

How is Fosu getting into peoples sides ahead of Marshall still? At least Marshall puts 100% in!

Because Fosu plays at the top of the diamond; Marshall on the other hand would play on the flanks
  • Options

I'd rather play Clarkie than Reeves any day.

Bowyer has said that he did not think Clarke was ready to start in a league game and also thought Reeves looked tired
  • Options
    Not getting beaten would be ok , 1-1.
  • Options

Once again the Football League website doesnt want to update the Referee's officiating this weekend - If anyone is able to source who the man in black / green / orange / whatever will be on Saturday I'll update the thread accordingly

Tony Harrington from Cleveland is the referee mate! Sky bet championship referee
    Thanking you
  • Options

Safe travels. Expect no more than 1,500 home fans if that. Our Trust normally stand outside the main entrance, please pop along and say hello and please do not buy anything in the ground. Oh, and it will be cold and probably wet and the trains are likely to be "SouthEasterney". Good Luck....p.s. 2.1 Pool.

How many clowns have bought a season ticket to line the pockets of the board?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018

I'd have Sarr at left back, Solly on the right and something tells me that Bowyer considers Reeves a little too lightweight for the really competitive games .. so Dijk in the middle (appropriate for holding back the tide) and I'd go for Lapslie instead of Bielik.

Blackpool 0 v CAFC 1

I would have agreed with your team and your prediction but now we need a replacement for Ward. Clarke and Reeves are more like for like but neither is match ready yet. Maybe Marshall for his work-rate rather than Fosu?
  • Options

shirty5 said:

A training ground injury?
    Perhaps he should start resting the first team from training as well . Jeez what is wrong with this club . Why do we keep picking up injuries?
    Perhaps our players don’t get enough games to build up the match fitness strength that you need to ride tackles and knocks
  • Options
    Thanks for all you did Jamie.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    shirty5 said:

Takes some believing that but... it's Charlton init?
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Will Joe Dodoo show us what he couldn't do at Charlton? Been scoring of late.

He scored the last in the 4-3 win at Oldham on debut for us :wink: .
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Because Fosu plays at the top of the diamond; Marshall on the other hand would play on the flanks
    It's been weeks... Nay months since he's played at all. He might of been on the pitch but he looked like he was training half arsed more than playing...
  • Options
    It’s a promotion 6 pointer. Same with the Pompey game.
  • Options
    Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Djiksteel
    Marshall Aribo Lapslie
    Taylor Grant

Phillips. Fosu. Belik. Reeves. Ajose. Morgan. Hackett-Fairchild.

This would be my line up based on recent form.

I predict a b*st*rd homer ref and a depressing unjustified 0-1 defeat that leaves you feeling as bad as if it had been 0-5.

• Options
    So, that really helped then.

Should win 3-0 seeing as the rest of the players are fit as fiddles. Won't though as the omens for winning in December are against us.

2-0 home win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope Teeves doesn’t start
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Can’t see it being a classic up at Blackpool on Saturday.

I think we will overcome the December curse and our terrible form in the north-west and grab a 1-0 win during a turgid performance.

Steer,

Solly Bauer Pearce Sarr

Belik Aribo Lapslie Fosu

Grant Taylor

If we can win on Saturday, it will leave us in a great position for Tuesday to really go and have a go at Portsmouth without any fear.
  • Options
    Last week is done.

Time to get behind Bowyer and the lads. 4 points from these 2 will be lovely.

Won’t be there tomorrow but will be at Pompey on Tuesday

Come on you reds
  • Options
    The fitness/freshness gains do not come for just one game, but should benefit us over the season to be fair.
  • Options

I'd rather play Clarkie than Reeves any day.

Don't care how bad Reeves was last week playing for the reserves, in the Coventry home game when he shouldn't have been taken off and Doncaster and Barnsley League matches he was excellent.

Cullen is the major loss for me as Clark will be playing catch up for the rest of the season.
  • Options

Safe travels. Expect no more than 1,500 home fans if that. Our Trust normally stand outside the main entrance, please pop along and say hello and please do not buy anything in the ground. Oh, and it will be cold and probably wet and the trains are likely to be "SouthEasterney". Good Luck....p.s. 2.1 Pool.

Seriously, are the gates that low? I know the main stand is always empty but - 1,500!?

• Options
    Heavy rain for next 24 hours . I can see this going the same way as last season 🌧
  • Options
    Rain and 50mph winds. Will the southern softies cope ?
  • Options

Rain and 50mph winds. Will the southern softies cope ?

I'll try me best 😁
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!