Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton | Sat 08 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

1235»

Comments

• Don’t they know that German is spelt with a G not a C.
  • Flat 3 with wing backs or diamond with Bielik holding? I personally think the 11 named fit better in a 3412 with Fosu ahead of Lapslie and Aribo
  • Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Stevenson
    Bielik
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Taylor Grant

Or to match up their 3-4-1-2:

Steer
    Bauer Bielik Pearce
    Solly Lapslie Aribo Stevenson
    Fosu
    Taylor Grant
  • Looks to me as though we're going toe to toe with them

Steer
    Bauer | Bielik | Pearce
    Solly | Aribo | Lapslie | Stevenson
    Fosu
    Grant | Taylor

Is the only reason I can think of Stevenson being ahead of Sarr because the former is the only one to play Wing-Back on the left other than Page

Agreed. It's still a weird team for me though. If you want a wingback why not Marshall? He's not perfect there, but then neither is Stevenson, and Marshall has really improved in recent weeks.

I'm also kind of confused by Lapslie being picked ahead of Reeves. It makes more sense in a 3-5-2, and I thought Lapslie had his best league game for us against Burton, but I still feel he's raw and can get caught out at times.
  • Sage said:

Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Stevenson
    Bielik
    Lapslie Aribo
    Fosu
    Taylor Grant

Or to match up their 3-4-1-2:

Steer
    Bauer Bielik Pearce
    Solly Lapslie Aribo Stevenson
    Fosu
    Taylor Grant
    I am hoping the latter.
  • Bowyer resting players after a rest
  • SDAddick said:

Looks to me as though we're going toe to toe with them

Steer
    Bauer | Bielik | Pearce
    Fosu
    Grant | Taylor

Is the only reason I can think of Stevenson being ahead of Sarr because the former is the only one to play Wing-Back on the left other than Page

Agreed. It's still a weird team for me though. If you want a wingback why not Marshall? He's not perfect there, but then neither is Stevenson, and Marshall has really improved in recent weeks.

I'm also kind of confused by Lapslie being picked ahead of Reeves. It makes more sense in a 3-5-2, and I thought Lapslie had his best league game for us against Burton, but I still feel he's raw and can get caught out at times.
    Yeah Bowyer's comments post Burton were strange with Lapslie... i.e. Was almost moaning about his lack of positional discipline yet complementing him at the same time, yet because of that I thought he'd end up being dropped for todays match - With regards to Marshall I guess he's just unlucky in the respect that he'll struggle to get ahead of Solly in that defensive / wing back role
  • Ollie Turton returns for Blackpool's match against @CAFCofficial this afternoon.

Jay Spearing misses out due to injury.

• Sponsored links:

• Really pleased that Jay Spearing misses out for them!!
  • SDAddick said:

Steer
    Bauer | Bielik | Pearce
    Fosu
    Grant | Taylor

Yeah Bowyer's comments post Burton were strange with Lapslie... i.e. Was almost moaning about his lack of positional discipline yet complementing him at the same time, yet because of that I thought he'd end up being dropped for todays match - With regards to Marshall I guess he's just unlucky in the respect that he'll struggle to get ahead of Solly in that defensive / wing back role
    I agree with Bowyer about his lack of positional discipline.

With Marshall, he's left-footed, I think he's looked better on the left wing, why not try him at LWB?
  • Looks to me as though we're going toe to toe with them

Steer
    Bauer | Bielik | Pearce
    Fosu
    Grant | Taylor

That seems the most likely line up.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Steer
    Bauer | Bielik | Pearce
    Fosu
    Grant | Taylor

With Marshall, he's left-footed, I think he's looked better on the left wing, why not try him at LWB?
    Is he? - I always thought he was a Rightie seeing thats the side he always plays
  • I don’t reckon he’d trust the kid Stevenson at left back of a four just yet, so it’s gotta be 3-4-1-2. Which looks suited for me.
  • I hope we see a much improved Belik.
  • Is this going to be the match thread today?
  • Stevenson is a very brave selection but is justified on current form .. all the best Toby
  • Sponsored links:

• Prefer Bielik at CB so would rather that was a 3-5-2.

Very young team, not convinced by that midfield, they struggled away at Burton.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Steer
    Bauer | Bielik | Pearce
    Fosu
    Grant | Taylor

Is he? - I always thought he was a Rightie seeing thats the side he always plays
    He is very, very two-footed. But naturally left-footed I'm almost certain. His delivery with his left has certainly been better for us.
  • *sees that Blackpool are enormous*

*goes out of his way to not pick Lord Naby*
  • I don’t reckon he’d trust the kid Stevenson at left back of a four just yet, so it’s gotta be 3-4-1-2. Which looks suited for me.

I reckon it's still Bowyer's regular diamond ...... he's brought Stevenson in because of his willingness to get up and down the line, to give width to the diamond when attacking.

• Hi ho, hi ho,
    Over to the match thread we go...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!