Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton | Sat 08 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Heavy rain for next 24 hours . I can see this going the same way as last season 🌧

Not on the BBC forecast. It's light rain showers this evening and overnight. Then it stops and light rain starts again tomorrow afternoon.
  • I'll be fuming if we get all the way to the stadium parking only to find that the game had been cancelled like happened last year.
  • Jokes aside I think this won’t be as tough as burton, as far as being dominated, can see another 1-2 win. Up the Addicks.
  • You're all too optimistic on here about this one. When we're optimistic we usually lose. So I'm going 1-0 Blackpool sneak a goal and we can't get one with 7 of our outfield players having shots saved or go wide.

• Heavy rain for next 24 hours . I can see this going the same way as last season 🌧

Not on the BBC forecast. It's light rain showers this evening and overnight. Then it stops and light rain starts again tomorrow afternoon.
    Just rang Blackpool FC - the groundsman was standing by the girl who answered phone and said game will be on -Am going so hope he is right.COYR
  • Tough game for us I feel and so see either a narrow win for Blackpool or a 1-1 if we play well, can't see us winning though
  • Jokes aside I think this won’t be as tough as burton, as far as being dominated, can see another 1-2 win. Up the Addicks.

Blackpool are a better team than Burton though.
  • Here is the usual League One preview including our trip to Bloomfield Road:

d3d4football.com/league-one-preview-predictions-8th-december-by-ian-bradley/
  • Sponsored links:

Just rang Blackpool FC - the groundsman was standing by the girl who answered phone and said game will be on -Am going so hope he is right.COYR
    ...he was probably sheltering from the rain!
  • Bowyer: We’ve just lost Wardy (Jamie Ward) now for three-four weeks.
  • Jamie Ward is set for a few weeks on the sidelines having picked up a knock and will be unavailable at Bloomfield Road.

He joins Darren Pratley and Lewis Page on the sidelines along with long-term absentees Josh Cullen, Igor Vetokele and Jake Forster-Caskey, although Ben Reeves is back in contention after returning in last week’s cup clash.

Blackpool, meanwhile, have seen Ollie Turton and Callum Guy return to training this week, while Mark Cullen is also closing in a return as Tangerines boss Terry McPhillips hopes to enjoy a fully-fit squad to choose from.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c0a806cb3cbb/match-preview-blackpool-v-charlton

They aren’t though, they’re just higher in the league than Burton are. Blackpool’s 3-0 win over Burton a few weeks back was a bit flukey and one of those games where everything went in for Blackpool. By the end of the season, I’d assume Burton finish higher in the league than Blackpool do.

Nonetheless, tomorrow is tough even more with conditions and the injuries we unfortunately have, but, I am hopeful for all three points.
  • If Cullen were playing I'd be confident of overcoming the December curse. Without him we will probably struggle but we will hopefully get a point.
  • Rain and 50mph winds. Will the southern softies cope ?

This one will, I've acclimatised these days :wink: .
  • RedChaser said:

Rain and 50mph winds. Will the southern softies cope ?

Hopefully see you tomorrow mate.
  • RedChaser said:

Ditto, Were you with your mates in the centre circle lounge last week?
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Yes
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Yes
    I thought it was you as you came out for the second half. I was sitting in the back row along from the entrance.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Yes
    I thought it was you as you came out for the second half. I was sitting in the back row along from the entrance.
    You should have said hello.
    I will keep a lookout for you tomorrow mate
  • Steer
    Solly Bauer Bielik Pearce Sarr
    Marshall Aribo
    Clarke
    Taylor Grant

Bowyer goes three at the back to counter their aerial threat.

A horrible game but we win one nil from a corner.
  • Steer
    Marshall Aribo
    Clarke
    Taylor Grant

I'd happily settle for this
  • Steer
    Marshall Aribo
    Clarke
    Taylor Grant

Not sure about Clarke, but I like that back 5

I thought Dijksteel played well as a CB last week, so all of a sudden we look quite strong in that position
  • Steer
    Solly Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Marshall Bielik Aribo Lapslie
    Grant Taylor

I would ditch the diamond as it takes too much out of the midfielders and they will need to go again Tuesday.

Fosu played his best games in a front 3 and I would consider replacing him for George in a 4-3-3

Actually, I don't think they are. It is a strange league but Burton have more quality than they do. Not saying it won't be a tough trip though - one of those any result possible jobs.
  • they score 1 we score 3, Marshall to get one of them :wink:
  • edited December 2018

Steer
    Marshall Aribo
    Clarke
    Taylor Grant

Not sure about Clarke, but I like that back 5

I thought Dijksteel played well as a CB last week, so all of a sudden we look quite strong in that position
    I agree about Dijksteel, but from what we have seen of him at full back I would like to see him as a defensive midfielder. He is more mobile than Bielik and as good a tackler. Then we could play 3 centre backs with Bielik as one. Aribo could play more advanced and leave Clarke out, he is not ready. That would be a tough team to beat.
  • Clarke has to start playing well enough to get back in the side. He has been out a long time and it can take some time to get back to where you want to be. He clearly isn't ready yet!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!