Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer & Pearce nominated for awards.

Boss Lee Bowyer and skipper Jason Pearce have been nominated for November’s Manager and Player of the Month awards in Sky Bet League One.
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c065f95bd346/manager-lee-bowyer-and-captain-jason-pearce-nominated-for-november-awards

Comments

  • Hopefully Bowyer wins it this time as think our form in October showed it dont matter if we win the award or not; Charlton are just cursed when nominated
  • “The one thing I really want to win is promotion. Manager of the Month would be a bonus but I want promotion. If we keep winning games then we have got more chance of winning things on the side. If I could swap three Manager of the Month awards for promotion, I’d do it.”
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c091446df0a7/lee-bowyer-on-what-it-would-mean-to-win-novembers-manager-of-the-month-award
  • I read the heading as Bowyer nominated for Peace Awards.
  • iaitch said:

    I read the heading as Bowyer nominated for Peace Awards.

    Sponsored by Macdonalds
  • Great news, well done Lee.
  • Well done Bowyer. Always nice to be recognized for doing a good job.

  • Sponsored links:


  • edited December 7
    shirty5 said:

    First time in 6 years a Charlton manager has won the award

    Pre the old scrote binning him off and then plumbing the depths with us. Hmmm, wonder who that could have been then :smirk: .
  • edited December 7
    Doesn’t that normally mean we will lose tomorrow then?
  • shirty5 said:

    First time in 6 years a Charlton manager has won the award


    Ya telling me Jose Riga baby never won it? :(
  • Congratulations Lee... Am a little surprised as we've played a League game less than the majority of the sides
  • edited December 7
    clive said:

    Bowyer becomes the first Addicks manager to win the award since Chris Powell in February 2012.

    He said: “Obviously I am chuffed to have won something so early on in my managerial career but a lot of it goes down to the players, not me.

    “They are the ones out there putting their bodies on the line for me. Yeah, we work hard every day but it is the matchdays that count.

    “To go and win four in a row, unbeaten in the month, I have to say it’s the players and the fans.

    “Tuesday night away to Burton, that was tough for us and the fans didn’t stop singing, so they are part of this. Everyone to do with the club plays their part. Obviously I’m the lucky one that gets the trophy but it’s everybody. Everybody puts a shift in, everybody has an input. The analyst Bret (Shaw), Jacko is obviously a big part of this, Marshy (Andy Marshall) the keeper coach, the physios, you’ve got everybody. It’s a good thing for the club to be receiving something like this.”

    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c09a7e9bf5db/bowyer-credits-his-players-and-the-charlton-fans-after-winning-manager-of-the-month-award

    We’ve just lost Wardy (Jamie Ward) now for three-four weeks

    Was 1-2 weeks from Louis' quote the other day

    Means we've seem the last of him sadly unless we can get the loan deal extended or sign him permanently
  • If it's 3-4 weeks, Ward will be able to enjoy his Christmas...
  • clive said:

    Bowyer becomes the first Addicks manager to win the award since Chris Powell in February 2012.

    He said: “Obviously I am chuffed to have won something so early on in my managerial career but a lot of it goes down to the players, not me.

    “They are the ones out there putting their bodies on the line for me. Yeah, we work hard every day but it is the matchdays that count.

    “To go and win four in a row, unbeaten in the month, I have to say it’s the players and the fans.

    “Tuesday night away to Burton, that was tough for us and the fans didn’t stop singing, so they are part of this. Everyone to do with the club plays their part. Obviously I’m the lucky one that gets the trophy but it’s everybody. Everybody puts a shift in, everybody has an input. The analyst Bret (Shaw), Jacko is obviously a big part of this, Marshy (Andy Marshall) the keeper coach, the physios, you’ve got everybody. It’s a good thing for the club to be receiving something like this.”

    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c09a7e9bf5db/bowyer-credits-his-players-and-the-charlton-fans-after-winning-manager-of-the-month-award

    We’ve just lost Wardy (Jamie Ward) now for three-four weeks

    Was 1-2 weeks from Louis' quote the other day

    Means we've seem the last of him sadly unless we can get the loan deal extended or sign him permanently
    It was 1-2weeks until our medical team got hold of him.
    Now it will probably be a couple of months.
  • Great news and deserved, I liked the comments saying he started his playing career well and has continued as a new manager with the same symmetry
  • Sponsored links:


  • barstool said:

    Great news and deserved, I liked the comments saying he started his playing career well and has continued as a new manager with the same symmetry

    So he's off to Leeds in the summer.
    And will then have a fight with his first team coach Kieron Dier
  • Bugger, that's us fooked.
  • Bowyer is quoted today in the 'Sun' as saying he'd 'swap three manager of the month awards for promotion' .. I should hope he would !! .. he says nothing about 4 or more though ((:>)
  • clive said:

    Bowyer becomes the first Addicks manager to win the award since Chris Powell in February 2012.

    He said: “Obviously I am chuffed to have won something so early on in my managerial career but a lot of it goes down to the players, not me.

    “They are the ones out there putting their bodies on the line for me. Yeah, we work hard every day but it is the matchdays that count.

    “To go and win four in a row, unbeaten in the month, I have to say it’s the players and the fans.

    “Tuesday night away to Burton, that was tough for us and the fans didn’t stop singing, so they are part of this. Everyone to do with the club plays their part. Obviously I’m the lucky one that gets the trophy but it’s everybody. Everybody puts a shift in, everybody has an input. The analyst Bret (Shaw), Jacko is obviously a big part of this, Marshy (Andy Marshall) the keeper coach, the physios, you’ve got everybody. It’s a good thing for the club to be receiving something like this.”

    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c09a7e9bf5db/bowyer-credits-his-players-and-the-charlton-fans-after-winning-manager-of-the-month-award

    We’ve just lost Wardy (Jamie Ward) now for three-four weeks

    Was 1-2 weeks from Louis' quote the other day

    Means we've seem the last of him sadly unless we can get the loan deal extended or sign him permanently
    Is this playing into Charlton's hands?

    Follow my logic here. If Ward is out for that length of time, we should send him back to Forest

    Forest have made it abundantly clear they don't want him. So: 1) They end up paying the medical fees for a player they don't want. 2) If he is that badly injured, they risk not being able to sell him in January, as he won't pass any medical. And he's out of contract at the end of the season, and they lose him for nothing anyway.

    So, following that logic, Forest may consider it's in their best interest to tear up his contract, and send him back to Charlton. We then get him for free, but do have any medical bills his injury entails...

  • Hell of a conspiracy theory, Loopy!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!