Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2019

Comments

• Options
    Abolitionist out - injured. A great shame.
    Noooooo
  • Options
    didn't know if this is the place as its still part of the grand national meeting

but altior and santini will not feature confirmed by henderson - shame as was hoping to see altior be stepped up in trip
    Personally I'm delighted - makes my 4/1 about Altior remaining unbeaten that much more secure, hopefully
  • Options
    @bobmunro
    i think it was 365 the last couple of years that refunded the e/w parts of bets (as cash), are they likely to do this again?
  • Options
    Abolitionist out - injured. A great shame.
    Ouch. Was on rather heavy
  • Options
    @bobmunro
    i think it was 365 the last couple of years that refunded the e/w parts of bets (as cash), are they likely to do this again?
    I'm not sure but would expect the same offer for bets placed before a certain time on the day.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    @bobmunro
    I'm not sure but would expect the same offer for bets placed before a certain time on the day.
    Holding back for this offer. 
  • Options
    Skybet haven't paid out my winnings yet :smile:
  • Options
    CHG said:
    bobmunro said:
    @bobmunro
    Holding back for this offer. 
    It's a cracking offer. I've cashed out my abolitionist bets and lumped on Lincoln City instead. 
    Will keep an eye out for that one as I slavishly follow Peanuts again this year
  • Options
    Skybet not yet refunded my NRNB on Abolitionist. What’s the usual timeframe? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Can't you just cash out at 100%?
  • Options
    Not a surprise but going on the GN course is currently Good To Soft (Good places). Mildmay & Hurdle courses both Good (GS).
    They're watering all 3 courses. Nothing more than occasional showers in the forecast. Can't see it being anything other than (officially) GS for the GN - safe but probably riding on the quicker side. We'll find out on Thursday in the Foxhunters.
    Update (post latest scratchings) coming shortly.

• Options
    Is don poli in?
  • Options
    My only little bit of insider knowledge from family members and trusted experts on here have both mentioned Vintage Clouds now so thats where my money may be going
  • Options
    Elliott said to be aiming to run as many as 12.
    Alpha Des Obeaux, The Storeyteller and Shattered Love definitely won't run  and Mala Beach will only run if there's meaningful rain.

• Options
    I'm backing a Mullins horse but can't make my mind up which one. 
  • Options
    with the withdrawal of abolitionist ( fortunately waited for nrnb ) my runners and riders are ;

mall dini @ 33/1
    ramses de telle @ 25/1
    lakeview lad @ 20/1
    step back @ 20/1
    vintage clouds @ 12/1

all ew

on the nose

anniabale fly 11/1

tiger roll would be immense if it wins but just far too short in a race where so much could go wrong as always hope they all get home safely. 

great 3 days racing having done it the last 2 years giving this years a miss. 

• Options
    edited April 2019

Place Propositions that are Overlooked and Overpriced

Assuming the going is Good~GS, aside from the 5 with winning ratings and 5 with Strong Place Potential, my model rates another 25% of the field (about the usual %) as having stat-profiles consistent with “minor place potential”.

Among them are some highly fancied runners (e.g. Lake View Lad, Rock The Kasbah and Jury Duty) but they also include 1, possibly 2, available at a very interesting e/w price.

There are reasons they’re unfancied, naturally, but also reasons (I believe) why they may put in a big run in the conditions.

I’ll write up the other one later in the week – needs some more thought and I expect him to drift further before Saturday as money comes for others. Also, if I mention him this morning, you’d likely write this off as an April Fool.

For the moment:

Singlefarmpayment - 66/1 - 6 places (Betfair) – not NRNB so, if backing, wait for Confirmations later today

Crazy name, crazy horse - and the chief reason SFP is written off by the market for Saturday is that he’s considered to be a “Cheltenham-only” horse and, even when running there, sufficiently bonkers to not want to put his head in front to win. Thus, the long run-in for the GN is thought to preclude him.

But on the likely decent ground, in my opinion, 66/1 for 6 places makes for a very interesting e/w punt. Here’s why:

• The better the ground the better his form. Removing runs on Soft or Hvy his chase form reads: 32122F5242. The last 5 of those were, in chronological order:

-  Fell 3 out in the 2017 Hennessy when making good headway into 6th, just 4L adrift (OR147 that day). Notably, Newbury is a flat, LH, galloping and stiff-jumping track – sounds familiar? Excl a BD, that’s his only incomplete in 14 chases.

-  5 (also off OR147) was over 3m at Ascot, behind Gold Present and Frodon (9L, giving Frodon 1lb – Frodon’s mark is now +18lbs). Walk In The Mill was 3rd that day, 8L ahead of and receiving 8lbs from SFP (SFP gives him 2lbs on Sat but has form over 3.5m)

-  2 (SHd, staying on but guilty of not putting his head in front) over 26f at Cheltenham

-  4 [6.5L] in the 3.5m Gr3 chase at Cheltenham last Nov (the race in which Don’t Push It was close 2nd before his 2010 GN win), won by Rock The Kasbah (re-opposes on Sat at level terms, based on that run)

-  2 (Hd) in the 3.25m Gr3 chase at Cheltenham in Dec (the race won by Mon Mome before his 2009 GN win) – Rock The Kasbah well behind off same mark as Saturday.

• SFP will carry 10.06 on Saturday (OR146 – unchanged this season). His last 5 chases on Good ground have all posted RPRs in career-high range 150-152
    • Yet to run at Aintree but a Cheltenham-only horse? Well, he clearly likes Prestbury Park but he’s won or near-missed Under Rules also at Southwell, Ascot, Worcester and Chepstow and, as noted, handled Newbury well enough.
    • Stamina evident in his staying-on runs up Cheltenham’s hill over 26~28f but also in his pedigree: by Milan (sire of good-ground GN winner One For Arthur and GN 3rd Double Seven). On the dam-side (considered more important for stamina), he has 2 bloodlines that are often observed in GN winners and frame-makers down the years (Busted [sire] and Camenae [dam], both 5 generations back - never too ancient for pedigree purposes)
    • 9 yo, with 3 runs in the season, the last 25 days prior is fine stat-wise.
    • Tom George trains – another yard that can blow hot and cold but is currently 61% Running-to-Form
  • Options
    Ms Parfois out

Looks like Joe Farrell potentially last in going through it this morning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    MrOneLung said:
    not letting me cash out at moment either.
    And now Ms Parfois is out - another NRNB  and no refund/cash out offer either
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    IdleHans said:
    MrOneLung said:
    @bobmunro 's lot won't let me cash out of Ms Parfois either.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    69 remain in after Confirmations.
    Joe Farrell #42 - needs 2 to come out by Friday morning.
    Elliott has 13 in the line up right now (#40 being Bless The Wings). They include Mala Beach who won't run without rain - nothing material forecast.
    Valtor (Henderson - leaning towards GN), Warriors Tale (Nicholls), Ultragold (Tizzard - come on Colin, he won't get 34f even on decent ground) and General Principle (Elliott - definite GN runner) all have entries for Friday's Topham.
    JF may end up R1.

EDIT Cock up by someone - Captain Redbeard is #40, Bless The Wings #41 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    IdleHans said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Won’t the NRNB be settled with the rest of the antepost market, ie after the race?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    IdleHans said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Won’t the NRNB be settled with the rest of the antepost market, ie after the race?
    most likely although with chelts bet it was at final decs if horses were not in the race you got your money back
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Ladbrokes and Coral now NRNB 6 places (1/5) and offer Joe Farrell at 50/1 - don't mind if I do, cheers  :)
  • Options
    Any idea if Lads/Corals terms in shop too?  Tend not to be 
  • Options
    Sorry @PolzeathNick , don't know about the shops.

• Options
    Is Yala Enki out ?
  • Options
    Just had palarsehater said:
    MrOneLung said:
    IdleHans said:
    MrOneLung said:
    most likely although with chelts bet it was at final decs if horses were not in the race you got your money back
    now refunded