Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BT Sport or SkySport

2»

Comments

• Got both for football, I have little interest in other sports offered and for me sky are best. BT hiked their prices up considerably over the last few years to the point I phoned last year to cancel but got a deal for £15 per year, still expensive but better than paying full whack.

£15 a year? Or do you mean £15 a month?

Not being picky - just wondering when my contract comes to an end what I can push for.
    Sorry, that should have been a month!
    Thanks. Assuming you get your BT Sport on Sky and pay BT direct for their sports channel? If so, you've got yourself a blooming good deal there! And one that gives me a good target to aim for!
  • Talktalk have finally fitted my WIFI in my new property although there is an issue on the line which means I wont have WIFI till 17th December.

Anyway when it is all up and running I was considering at the Sports Bundle to my package, however I have just noticed BT Sports is now available on TalkTalk.

Which is better for Football, which would get me more games.

I am between the 2, I like MLS although the season is finished and thats only on skysports, also little things like the soccer sixes and the Snooker Shootout, and Darts World Championships are all on Sky.

What would I get with BT Sports and as I said which is better

Its worth talking to someone you know (friend/family etc.) that have sky, you can then ask to use one of their Sky Go devices for your laptop/tablet etc and give them £5 a month or something, I dont have sky but i have sky go that I just play through my PS4 on the TV, saves me about £60/70 a month
    Haha you would actually need friends/family for that, sadly I have neither
    Bless ya, chin up mate!

Personally i have both, probably would slightly favour Sky sports out of the two if had to pick. Sky sports at least you have alot more selection, other than Champions league / Premier League , i dont really watch BT much.
  • bobmunro said:

I am wondering if BT have had as much success from this as they expected?
    I always thought they were taking something of a risk.....the fact that they found themselves hiking the price significantly not so long ago suggests to me that I may be right.
    Just have a sneaking feeling that all may not be well at BT......which may bode well for the future.....Mmmmm I wonder?

SKY hike their prices all the time.

BT make bottom line £3 billion a year (double the profitability of SKY) and they will be in it for the long run. Also bare in mind that satellite TV is not their bread and butter - the future of sports broadcasting is very likely to be in streaming services and BT have a bit of an interest in that!!

If I was going to invest in either (I'm not advising that) it would be BT over SKY.
    Thanks for that info BM very interesting......is the £3 billion you refer to what they make from the Sports deal.....surely not? I’d be interested to know what percentage of their revenue is from that alone.
    As for Sky upping their prices it doesn’t help that the greedy Prem League keep upping their deal with Sky to humongous proportions, which are then obviously passed on to us punters.
  • Does BT have Babestation?

They only show the highlights, which is why no one answered.
  • bobmunro said:

I am wondering if BT have had as much success from this as they expected?
    I always thought they were taking something of a risk.....the fact that they found themselves hiking the price significantly not so long ago suggests to me that I may be right.
    Just have a sneaking feeling that all may not be well at BT......which may bode well for the future.....Mmmmm I wonder?

SKY hike their prices all the time.

BT make bottom line £3 billion a year (double the profitability of SKY) and they will be in it for the long run. Also bare in mind that satellite TV is not their bread and butter - the future of sports broadcasting is very likely to be in streaming services and BT have a bit of an interest in that!!

If I was going to invest in either (I'm not advising that) it would be BT over SKY.
    Thanks for that info BM very interesting......is the £3 billion you refer to what they make from the Sports deal.....surely not? I’d be interested to know what percentage of their revenue is from that alone.
    As for Sky upping their prices it doesn’t help that the greedy Prem League keep upping their deal with Sky to humongous proportions, which are then obviously passed on to us punters.
    BT will be losing money on the sports deal - but it's a loss leader to sell more broadband packages. It's a very small part of their overall business.

• Amazon come to the party next season with 40 (I think) games
  • Dropped Sky over two years ago and went for Now TV, which was £30 a month so ditched it. Now have BT sports, mobile only and cast it to my TV, only costs around £12 per month.
    Also have Eleven Sports and Euroports. Might sign up to Now Tv for a month to watch some of the Xmas football but agree streaming is the way forward for all TV.

• Amazon come to the party next season with 40 (I think) games

Amazon have 20 matches a season from next year.

But its 2 game weeks of 10 matches rather than spread like BT have 1 a week

So Amazon will have the midweek games on the first week of December (which would be today and tomorrow this year)
    And then they have all 10 matches on boxing day or the 27th
  • Love the IPL cricket which is now on sky
  • edited December 2018

Sack them both off & just stream any sports you want to watch. Plenty of streaming sites available. Haven't had sky sports for years now, but I've never missed a sporting event I wanted to watch

This, thrice over.

Haven't paid for a TV license in about 4 years either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sack them both off & just stream any sports you want to watch. Plenty of streaming sites available. Haven't had sky sports for years now, but I've never missed a sporting event I wanted to watch

This, thrice over.

Haven't paid a for a TV license in about 4 years either.
    Typical Millwall fan
  • Sack them both off & just stream any sports you want to watch. Plenty of streaming sites available. Haven't had sky sports for years now, but I've never missed a sporting event I wanted to watch

This, thrice over.

Haven't paid a for a TV license in about 4 years either.
    Typical Millwall fan
    Indeed. Very astute and won't be taken advantage of. Very perceptive of you, Paulie :smile:
  • Got both for football, I have little interest in other sports offered and for me sky are best. BT hiked their prices up considerably over the last few years to the point I phoned last year to cancel but got a deal for £15 per year, still expensive but better than paying full whack.

Not being picky - just wondering when my contract comes to an end what I can push for.
    Thanks. Assuming you get your BT Sport on Sky and pay BT direct for their sports channel? If so, you've got yourself a blooming good deal there! And one that gives me a good target to aim for!
    @Fortune 82nd Minute I will get my facts correct eventually lol. Right, before you go steaming in to BT I just checked my package costs with them. When I phoned to pack it in, I got their sports channels for £14.99 however, soon after there was a £2 price increase so I actually pay £17 bar a penny. I have to phone yearly to renew this offer otherwise it reverts to silly money. And yes, I pay BT directly but watch through sky.

@Fortune 82nd Minute I will get my facts correct eventually lol. Right, before you go steaming in to BT I just checked my package costs with them. When I phoned to pack it in, I got their sports channels for £14.99 however, soon after there was a £2 price increase so I actually pay £17 bar a penny. I have to phone yearly to renew this offer otherwise it reverts to silly money. And yes, I pay BT directly but watch through sky.
    Thanks for clarifying. Appreciated - not least because I now know for certain they can do a deal.

And actually that's still a good deal you've got. Usual price is about £28. Even the "sale" they have on at the moment is £20.

Thanks for clarifying. Appreciated - not least because I now know for certain they can do a deal.

And actually that's still a good deal you've got. Usual price is about £28. Even the "sale" they have on at the moment is £20.

@Fortune 82nd Minute I've just had to renew my deal as it just expired and the best deal I could squeeze them for was £19.99, the same as you. This is for BT sport package only, watched through sky and paid by DD

This, thrice over.

Haven't paid for a TV license in about 4 years either.
    You don't own a TV?
  • TNT Sport (BT replacement) launches today: £30 per month.
  • TNT Sport (BT replacement) launches today: £30 per month.
    I assume "Trinitrotoluene Sport" was too much of a mouthful to say for most as is £30 per month too much of an expenditure for many. 
  • I get BT sport as Im a BT broadband and phone subscriber, does anyone know if I will still get this?, cos if I have to pay more its gone.
  • £30 a month?

Christ 
  • Sponsored links:

• BBW is your friend
  • Hal1x said:
    I get BT sport as Im a BT broadband and phone subscriber, does anyone know if I will still get this?, cos if I have to pay more its gone.
    I'm in the same boat. Next month's bill is the same as last months. I suspect that this will be increased by them at the annual review.