Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aren't we just slightly over reacting?

Comments

• Options

There are probably hypocrites who didn't go yesterday because it was ONLY a cup game who are slating Bowyer for playing a weakened side. They are certainly in position to critisise if they didn't go for those reasons. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. If you didn't go yesterday for those reasons, fair enough, that is your prerogative. But if you didn't go for those reasons, then also shut up!

What happens though if I didn't go yesterday but went Mansfield and burton away
  • Options
    It won’t be that easily forgotten when Doncaster draw Man City away
  • Options

It will be.
    I'm doing Barnsley and Shrewsbury away so I can do without another away game in between them.
  • Options

Or Lincoln away.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Lots of ifs and buts there.

This is a profession that people pay good money to watch. All club's at this level have their problems.
    No excuses. We should be competing. End of.

We've got the second worst owner in the entire Football League, we've broken our lowest attendance record twice this season and have lost over half of our regular home support in the last four years and are currently enjoying or longest ever spell in the third tier. We've got no CEO, no CFO, the few staff we have got left haven't been paid what they were promised by our owner. We've got a thinner squad now than the thin squad we had last year, which was thinner than the squad we had the year before. Simon Jordan is now our biggest ally in the media. I could go on, for hours.

Have a little look down the league table and tell me how many clubs can say "their problems" are on a par with ours.
    Exactly so hardly a good time to piss of a large portion of your fan base.
  • Options

Or Lincoln away.
    I wouldve made the effort for Lincoln away
  • Options

Or Lincoln away.
    There is a chance we will have a league game there next year.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Or Lincoln away.
    There is always next season. League game I mean, not any meaningless cup competition. 😉
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Or Lincoln away.
    Damn, Bowyer shouldn’t have played a weakened side then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Or Lincoln away.
    Would’ve been a new pin so I agree with you. Also be another opportunity for you to think about the benefits of the dj coach

You will become one of us
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Lots of ifs and buts there.

This is a profession that people pay good money to watch. All club's at this level have their problems.
    No excuses. We should be competing. End of.

We've got the second worst owner in the entire Football League, we've broken our lowest attendance record twice this season and have lost over half of our regular home support in the last four years and are currently enjoying or longest ever spell in the third tier. We've got no CEO, no CFO, the few staff we have got left haven't been paid what they were promised by our owner. We've got a thinner squad now than the thin squad we had last year, which was thinner than the squad we had the year before. Simon Jordan is now our biggest ally in the media. I could go on, for hours.

Have a little look down the league table and tell me how many clubs can say "their problems" are on a par with ours.
    Exactly so hardly a good time to piss of a large portion of your fan base.
    We were already pissed off, weren't we? And whose fault is that, Bowyer or Roland?

You need to look at the bigger picture.
  • Options

Or Lincoln away.
    Or Palace away
  • Options
    cabbles said:

clb74 said:

Or Lincoln away.
    Would’ve been a new pin so I agree with you. Also be another opportunity for you to think about the benefits of the dj coach

You will become one of us
    Rather leave on the Wednesday and walk
  • Options

Or Lincoln away.
    Or Palace away
    Or Oldham at home.
  • Options
    Let's not bother to enter the FA Cup next season
  • Options

Let's not bother to enter the FA Cup next season

If Roland is still the owner next season then entry is pretty much a waste of time
  • Options
    If we had had the same sort of depth of squad and no long term injuries we then can gamble with a stronger side for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And get smashed 8-0? No thanks.
  • Options
    if Millwall draw arsenal and arsenal play there academy side allowing millwall to beat them, everyone okay with that? For me I think the fa cup you should always respect it, IF we had a game Tuesday I could maybe get it
  • Options
    As said on Charlton Live tonight, it probably ain't the right season.
  • Options
    It's all shit really.
    A third division club playing their reserves.
    It's come to that.
    Charlton are a joke.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    There will always be an excuse not to go for it in any season regardless. This year it's promotion, another year staying up, then consolidating.. And on and on...

To answer the op no, I don't think it's an over reaction to be annoyed and express that annoyance on a message board. We aren't storming Bowyers office or demanding his resignation or anything like that are we?

The day I don't get annoyed when we lose a winnable game for whatever reason I think I'll be done.
  • Options
    I don't believe he told them to play bad and lose. We never at our best granted but it wasn't gutless. But say we had a replay and a chance of a biggy, he plays a better team. If it's a chance to play Woking or team from our division (in a replay) then he would play the sort of side he played at MKD in the League Cup.