Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Reserves v Doncaster - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    PWR

Doncaster Rovers didn't have to get out of second gear for this easy victory. Allright they might have had to change down to first when they met a slight incline, but it was lemon squeezy for them all afternoon.
    Their keeper made a brilliant save after 83 minutes but that was about the only time they were extended.I was there, and as soon as I saw the line up the result was obvious. The individual players did themselves some good in places, but a fair amount of bad as well, and for all the praise we rightly give to Lee Bowyer it is down to his selection that we lost. No next round prize money to come, no third round draw excitement, no chance of a fun tie in January.
    Of the senior players Marshall did a bit in the last half an hour, but Reeves (yeah there is an excuse...again) Clarke (yeah there is an excuse) and Ajose (there are no excuses) left the junior players exposed. Now there was a willingness to try their best from the others, Sarr was OK, Djiksteel showed that he is a much better player inside than on the flanks, Phillips did what he could and Lapslie was our best player by a bit of a distance. Stevenson and Maloney got some experience in, neither ready yet, neither is RHF although RHF was better than I expected him to be but, but, but.
    Aaaaaaaargh.
    I feel pissed off and even a bit cheated.
    Bowyer had better keep the league run going after that, because there are no excuses for him to make, it was a makeshift team of reserves and those coming back from injury and did not respect the situation at all.
    if there are any positives then it is clear that Marshall should be involved in a league match day squad, Sarr likewise, and Lapslie plays ahead of Reeves and Clarke. If Lapslie gets dropped for either of them they will have to be blimmin good.
    No other positives to be taken from today and this result will linger like a painful paper cut unless Bowyer gets a further run of wins, not draws, wins.
  • Options
    I wasn’t so fussed with the starting line up but to field such a short bench with no first team strikers on it was a disgrace.

Marshall had a great game, Clarke looked very good but tired before the end. If we had been able to bring on Taylor on 60 minutes we could well have gone through.

Won’t be spending money going to a second round FA cup game again in a hurry.
  • Options
    Gone out to Colchester United, MK Dons, AFC Wimbledon and Doncaster in the last four years. We seem to be missing out on the glamour of the (aptly named) FA Cup. Mind you we don't seem to be trying very hard, no wonder the fans can't be bothered. I wished we'd at least show it some respect.
  • Options
    Whats the best Doncaster get Chelsea or Man U away in next round, and all the Bowyer arse lickers will say ' oh, we would have been a different ball number anywayyyy'
    Tossas
    Bowyer needs a good kick up the arse for this.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Anyone slagging Bows needs a fucking look at themselves and remeber the past 5 years.

Best thing to happen to us since that took over.

1 decision right or wrong and your sagging him????

Ridiculous.

What do you care ? Reading that post it looks like you didn’t even get out of the pub . Hic
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Croydon said:

I was at the game today and as soon as I saw the team Bowyer had picked it was obvious that we would lose.
    Was this team selection justified ?.
    I'll answer that at 5pm next Saturday.

I'm going to Blackpool next week and if we pick up 3 points I will have no complaints over today s performance.
    Anything less than 3 points next Saturday means today was an opportunity lost.

I'll be up at Blackpool too, but anything less than promotion this season won't justify that selection today.

Concentrating on the league isn't just for the next match, if we finish 9th how many of us are going to be glad we rested Taylor today?
    Let's hope it helps us finishing higher then. If Taylor was to get injured we are screwed.
    But Taylor could get injured in training too, as many of our players have in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    We ain't got squad depth, our last half decent cup run nearly cost us relegation, if being out THE FA Cup coukd guarantee us a play off spot I'd swap it in a heartbeat for an away loss against Birmingham or whoever the fk we would have got had we won.
  • Options

Minimum 4 points from Blackpool and Portsmouth games after today.

If we get two points I will be satisfied and I should think Bowyer will too. A win and a defeat would be even better. Of course we can always hope for more.
  • Options

Anyone slagging Bows needs a fucking look at themselves and remeber the past 5 years.

Best thing to happen to us since that cunt took over.

1 decision right or wrong and your sagging him????

Ridiculous.

What do you care ? Reading that post it looks like you didn’t even get out of the pub . Hic
    Fat fingers mate
  • Options
    Deserve to lose putting that team out , an insult to the FA Cup
  • Options
    Watch Donny draw Man Citeh next round. Surprised RD didn’t tell Bowyer to field a strong team. Chance of a big money spinning tie next round plus possible TV money as well.
  • Options
    To my mind Bowyer owes the fans an apology by not putting out the full first team and saying he's not bothered by the cup! As I like I guess other fans would like to see us up against Man City or another big club even if they do beat us 8-0
  • Options
    Pretty sure we have fielded better u23 sides this season.
  • Options
    Bowyer can go fuck himself if we dont get into top 6 at end of season now.
  • Options

We ain't got squad depth, our last half decent cup run nearly cost us relegation, if being out THE FA Cup coukd guarantee us a play off spot I'd swap it in a heartbeat for an away loss against Birmingham or whoever the fk we would have got had we won.

If there was any such guarantee you might have a point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s no good pining for a cup run until Roland has gone - any prize money would be straight into his pocket and certainly wouldn’t have been used to strengthen the squad (cf. Lookman money).

While I want us to win every game, the first team squad is so thin I can see why LB is protecting those players. He no doubt had the recent loss of Cullen and Vetokele in mind.

I think plenty on here would have a pretty dim view if we’d lost any of our better players through injury in this game.
  • Options

It’s no good pining for a cup run until Roland has gone - any prize money would be straight into his pocket and certainly wouldn’t have been used to strengthen the squad (cf. Lookman money).

While I want us to win every game, the first team squad is so thin I can see why LB is protecting those players. He no doubt had the recent loss of Cullen and Vetokele in mind.

I think plenty on here would have a pretty dim view if we’d lost any of our better players through injury in this game.

By that logic we should aim for relegation to increase the losses he has to cover.
  • Options

Did not really expect anything else,promotion is the priority.One massive plus today,Mark Marshall who did not stop and desreves a place in the next game.Just one other point away from team selection,did anybody else note the ridiculous police presence in Floyd Road after the game,they say they are short staffed,30 officers plus horses,in the space of 1oo meters,still beats catching criminals.

When I got to the top of Floyd road and saw all the police presence I initially thought there had been a major incident
  • Options
    As for the game, Marshall played well, Dillon made a couple of good saves, Clarke wasn't misfiring like he did against Mansfield but was instead anonymous, while Reeves looked rusty.

Reeco and Ajose were a hopeless combination up front, while Stevenson showed he isn't ready to play LB at this level. Surprised Morgan didn't start, I thought he looked better than Maloney

Oh, and first time in the Covered End since the 90s. I'd forgotten how poor the legroom is!
  • Options
    “We’ve got another tough one in Blackpool away next and that’ll be just as hard as tonight. But we’ll have a bit of a rest now until our next league game so we’ll be ready for that.”

That's what he said after Burton. We can't say we weren't explicitly warned.