Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Reserves v Doncaster - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

I'm sure Bowyer had nothing to do with the prices. Despite beating Bristol Rovers and Burton, we were a bit off our best. I'm sure that was an influence. A win next week will further cement our place in the play off places and set us up to look higher!

I thought the FA had something to do with the minimum that teams could charge for Cup ties now as we always used to charge £10
  • Options
    Reasonably entertaining game. Maloney had a few intelligent touches first half, but faded a bit second. Marshall did play well. Dillon made a few top saves and their keeper a world class one from a header. Reeco showed glimpses first half. Good to see Billy Clarke back. Reeves a bit ponderous. Overall not too bad from the youngsters against their first team.

Disappointing to lose, but would sooner all key players are fit for the promotion challenge. Injuries are a massive problem, eg 2 collar bone broken in one game at Walsall. Can't be too harsh on Bowyer imo, especially if the rumour is true that Roly will give him some money in Jan to spend if they are in contention for promotion.
  • Options

I was at the game today and as soon as I saw the team Bowyer had picked it was obvious that we would lose.
    Was this team selection justified ?.
    I'll answer that at 5pm next Saturday.

I'm going to Blackpool next week and if we pick up 3 points I will have no complaints over today s performance.
    Anything less than 3 points next Saturday means today was an opportunity lost.

Love to be with you mate, but off to Munich on business for 5 days striking some deals...shhhh you know who say won't happen. ..have a good trip....
  • Options
    Bowyer can go f### himself if that's his attitude. That's just a kick in the bollox for the fans who have been nothing but supportive of him since his first game in charge.
  • Options
    they could charge 15 and give all those who went a tenner off... :)
  • Options
    it's all been written .. shocking capitulation before a ball was even kicked .. IF we don't get promotion, then it's yet another wasted season .. there is no excuse for picking such a weak team, none at all .. Bowyer has done well so far, but this is a giant backward step .. be interesting to see who Doncaster draw in round three .. nuff said
  • Options
    razil said:

Perhaps the club should give all fans who attended a free ticket to the next cup game..

Can't be done, won't be done
  • Options
    razil said:

Perhaps the club should give all fans who attended a free ticket to the next cup game..

Ah, the old Joke...first prize in the raffle is a ticket to charlton’s next cup game, second prize is a ticket to charlton’s next two cup games, third prize....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The only good thing about our line up was that it was so shit we were obviously going to lose but the bookies still had Donny at 29/20 when I went over to Bet365. Dinner and wine on @bobmunro for me tonight !

Well if LB had tipped us off they were 9/4 in some places this morning.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Absolute toilet, 15 quid for that crap.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Not a single word said about the fans that were there today. Says it all really.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Is he trying to piss the fans off on purpose by making those comments?
    Do one Bowyer .
  • Options

I'm sure Bowyer had nothing to do with the prices. Despite beating Bristol Rovers and Burton, we were a bit off our best. I'm sure that was an influence. A win next week will further cement our place in the play off places and set us up to look higher!

I thought the FA had something to do with the minimum that teams could charge for Cup ties now as we always used to charge £10
    The minimum charge is still £10.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Maybe the takeover has been completed and Bowyer was making a point to our new owners...

• Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2018

vff said:

Prize money in the FA Cup is better & the money gained might dissuade Duchatelet from selling one of better players & replacing them with a crapper one as per usual in the January window but there are no guarantees there. Charlton have a small squad & if Charlton can get points over the next few weeks in important league games & avoid injury of the main squad then In Bowyer & Jackson I trust to make the calls.

Can't agree with their selection - too many inexperienced players and those returning from injury. There was no way this side would be competitive.

Utterly pointless especially for those fans wasting their afternoon and £15.
    It likely makes a difference, whether you shelled out money & time attending & had any expectation. I sympathise for those paying £15 + expectations.

Since Leicester Cup game years ago & the Sheffield QF, the small squad, & the total shiteness of the Duchatelet era, I don’t have much expectation with Charlton & any kind of cup run.
  • Options

Maybe the takeover has been completed and Bowyer was making a point to our new owners...

Maybe in a parallel universe...
  • Options

Disgrace to field such a weak side in the FA Cup and to charge £15 for tickets.

Charlton and Doncaster will have gotten £6.75 each from that... the FA get £2.50
    This isn’t correct. VAT comes off the top, so there is only £12.50 from £15 to divide up.

The expenses, including police, stewards, matchday staff, floodlightIng, travel costs are then deducted and the each team gets 45 per cent of what is left.

The average revenue after VAT is likely to be about £9 per ticket allowing for concessions.

The prize money for winning today meanwhile was £54,000 - obviously Charlton didn’t see that as a priority.
  • Options
    Bowyer what an utter bollox statement ---- so only the teams who stand a chance to win the thing should make an effort ????
  • Options
    If your going to treat the fa cup like the checkatrade trophy then charge checkatrade trophy prices. Understand reasons why bowyer did it but still unhappy
  • Options

Bowyer what an utter bollox statement ---- so only the teams who stand a chance to win the thing should make an effort ????

Yup ... not exactly the smartest thing he’s ever said.

I’m disappointed that he basically ignores the fans who made the effort ... bloody glad I didn’t bother.
  • Options
    Brought my 3 and a half year old to his second game and second defeat in the hope he would see us score some and be a bit exciting for him. Only for us to be sitting there like absolute lemons bored out of our head. Shit show Bowyer. You better fucking beat Blackpool on Saturday to make up for it.