Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Reserves v Doncaster - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018

It would have been good experience for our youngsters and is another game for Clarke in his recovery. Sounds like Marshall did himself no harm.

That’s fine if it’s the League Cup or the Micky Mouse Cup but this was the FA Cup and we were one win from a potential bid game .
    This was a total piss take . You try telling my kids who expected to see the the first team that it’s good experience for the youngsters. I couldn’t give a toss .
    Disgraceful
    Diego Poyet started his Charlton career with a replay against Oxford in the FA Cup, he went on to win the Player of the Year award...

Same with Jordan Cousins who made his debut in the League Cup against Oxford earlier that same season
    That’s nice . That will make them feel much better after a 160 mile round trip to see the stiffs lose.
  • Options

Disgrace to field such a weak side in the FA Cup and to charge £15 for tickets.

Charlton and Doncaster will have gotten £6.75 each from that... the FA get £2.50
  • Options
    Well the team that was picked did ok by the sound of things. They were never going to win.
  • Options
    Marshall played really well according to the commentary team.

Stevenson sounded okay.

Naby made a mistake or two but will probably get most of the blame.

• Options
    A minutes applause for a true Charlton legend before the game then the game started....R.I.P Darren Pitcher.That moment at Blacburn is what the FA cup is all about.
  • Options

Absolutely fuming.

Massive admirer of Bowyer / Jacko as our management team but as a fan feel hugely let’s down to the approach this game.

Yet another season of pathetically limping out the FA Cup

Over to you on how we played...

so predictable though, they should do the decent thing and let fans know the kind of team they will be putting out on these occasions, its taking the piss royally.
  • Options

I was at the game today and as soon as I saw the team Bowyer had picked it was obvious that we would lose.
    Was this team selection justified ?.
    I'll answer that at 5pm next Saturday.

I'm going to Blackpool next week and if we pick up 3 points I will have no complaints over today s performance.
    Anything less than 3 points next Saturday means today was an opportunity lost.

I'll be up at Blackpool too, but anything less than promotion this season won't justify that selection today.

Concentrating on the league isn't just for the next match, if we finish 9th how many of us are going to be glad we rested Taylor today?
  • Options
    So what is it then.
    Surely if you want us to go on a cup run you don't want us meeting any of the big teams then.
    You'd want league one or 2 teams at home so we can progress further in the competition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

Prize money in the FA Cup is better & the money gained might dissuade Duchatelet from selling one of better players & replacing them with a crapper one as per usual in the January window but there are no guarantees there. Charlton have a small squad & if Charlton can get points over the next few weeks in important league games & avoid injury of the main squad then In Bowyer & Jackson I trust to make the calls.

Can't agree with their selection - too many inexperienced players and those returning from injury. There was no way this side would be competitive.

Utterly pointless especially for those fans wasting their afternoon and £15.
  • Options

Well the team that was picked did ok by the sound of things. They were never going to win.

They didn’t do OK and a couple of them have probably put themselves back in the pecking order for another chance now there no cup matches left and we want to put our efforts h to getting promotion
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I was at the game today and as soon as I saw the team Bowyer had picked it was obvious that we would lose.

I'm going to Blackpool next week and if we pick up 3 points I will have no complaints over today s performance.

I'll be up at Blackpool too, but anything less than promotion this season won't justify that selection today.

Concentrating on the league isn't just for the next match, if we finish 9th how many of us are going to be glad we rested Taylor today?
    Let's hope it helps us finishing higher then. If Taylor was to get injured we are screwed.
  • Options

What was the attendance mate?
  • Options
    From the first tweet only thing I'd argue is why then did we go out of the Football League Trophy!!

Was a great chance to remain in the competition so that when Vetokele and Cullen return, they've a competitive game to get back up to speed
  • Options
    Crap....and that's being kind....awful....no wonder people stayed away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We are not going to win the trophy, and a big game will be a distraction and the chairman will pocket the money. It won't help us strengthen so better to prioritise the league. I do get people's points - it is the FA Cup. But the squad is fragile - we have to face facts.

And no guarantee of a big game either. We usually get Oxford in the Cup don’t we?
  • Options

Why does there have to be a correlation of the two?

You are talking about a game SEVEN days away.

Plus we’ve just had an international break weekend with no fixture.
    I fully understand where you are coming from but if Taylor and Pearce had of played today and picked up injuries we would struggle to get a point at Blackpool.
    Bowyer has made it quite clear that promotion is his only goal.
    I have no problem with that.
    Are they not training either in case they pull a muscle? Are all the over teams hoping for promotion or avoiding relegation testing all their players?

As I said, is someone is crucial (like Taylor) have him on the bench. But don’t play a reserve team.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Comes across a smarmy there I think. Plus Reeves was shit.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

What was the attendance mate?
    5001 you owe me a pint.
  • Options
    Livid after that absolute bollocks selection.

I would of taken that XI had there been Taylor, Fosu, grant etc on the bench but no pure unheard ofs.

The only way I’ll get over this is if Donny draw a shit unwinable tie and we beat Blackpool and get something at Pompey.

First time I’ve been pissed off with bowyer.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I'm sure Bowyer had nothing to do with the prices. Despite beating Bristol Rovers and Burton, we were a bit off our best. I'm sure that was an influence. A win next week will further cement our place in the play off places and set us up to look higher!