Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Doncaster - Match Thread

edited December 2018 in General Charlton
Afternoon from a miserable SE London

Unfortunately (imo) Bowyer has once again shown the Cup to very much be down the priority list. Shame

Comments

• Phillips
    Marshall Dijksteel Sarr Stevenson
    Clarke
    Maloney Lapslie
    Reeves
    Hackett-Fairchild Ajose

I guess?
  • Tempted to turn around and go back home
  • Wouldn't be surprised if even Bowyer doesn't bother coming to watch this one ! Looks like he's out to lunch with the first team !
  • Look at the bench!!!
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Look at the bench!!!

Several of them probably aren't even match fit.
  • Glad I didn’t bother
  • Starting line-up is all good until that Maloney/Reeco double-blast imo

And who knows, maybe one or the other will surprise us
  • Feel sorry for the supporters who have gone today, very weak side. Only positives are Clarke, Reeves and Kennedy.

One of two systems today:
    Phillips
    Lapslie
    Reeves Maloney
    Clarke
    Ajose Hackett-Fairchild

Or

Phillips
    Dijksteel Sarr Stevenson
    Marshall Lapslie Maloney Reeves
    Clarke
    Ajose Hackett-Fairchild

Lose either way, Doncaster have gone into my bet.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Phillips
    Clarke
    Maloney Lapslie
    Reeves
    Hackett-Fairchild Ajose

I guess?

I’d guess one of the two below, Bowyer’s never really used Reeves behind the strikers:

Phillips
    Maloney
    Lapslie Reeves
    Clarke
    Ajose Hackett-Fairchild

Or

Phillips
    Dijksteel Sarr Stevenson
    Clarke
    Ajose Hackett-Fairchild
  • So glad i didnt go after seeing that lineup
  • 2-0 win for us... dont all be doom and gloom,players need resting for the tough schedule
  • thats fecking outrageous !!!!
  • Scoham said:

sam3110 said:

Phillips
    Clarke
    Maloney Lapslie
    Reeves
    Hackett-Fairchild Ajose

I guess?

I’d guess one of the two below, Bowyer’s never really used Reeves behind the strikers:

Phillips
    Maloney
    Lapslie Reeves
    Clarke
    Ajose Hackett-Fairchild

Or

Phillips
    Dijksteel Sarr Stevenson
    Clarke
    Ajose Hackett-Fairchild
    Great minds @Scoham
  • edited December 2018
    Glad the rain put me off as I’d have been annoyed otherwise....

I get the logic, play the reserves to scrape a draw so you then have to play the 1st team to win the replay-d’oh!
  • Made the call 2 days ago to not bother going today,tbh,the only reason was that i saw us play Donny in the league a few weeks ago but now ive seen that line up im even more relieved. Good luck to the boys today,think they'll need it!
  • OS says Lapslie as the holding midfielder

Phillips
    Lapslie
    Maloney Reeves
    Clarke
    Ajose Hackett-Fairchild

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c027374ef4af/team-news-ben-reeves-and-billy-clarke-return-for-todays-fa-cup-clash-against-doncaster

Lee Bowyer’s Charlton are again expected to play their preferred diamond formation. Dillon Phillips starts in goal with an expected defence of Mark Marshall, Anfernee Dijksteel, Sarr and Toby Stevenson. Lapslie will likely play as the holding midfielder with Taylor Maloney and Ben Reeves ahead of him. Clarke is expected to play behind Ajose and Reeco Hackett-Fairchild.
  • What if Donny also put their reserves out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Glad I decided to decorate the lounge instead!
  • Arthritis playing up and full of cold so stayed at home.

No reason to regret it looking at that team it would appear.
  • edited December 2018
    Lee Bowyer knows he is judged on League results. Anyone turning up today expecting a stronger team are totally deluded.
    Doncaster away is my nap today.

Charlton players to a man struggle with fitness ? It's a shame but we need a positive result on Tuesday.
  • I make no bones about it - I'm totally pissed off with that line-up and Lee Bowyer does himself no favours in picking it.

He could have put out a reasonably strong line-up whilst still resting much of the first team but has choosen not to.

Would serve the club right if Doncaster go on to win and get Man Utd in the next round.

If you were thinking of going, just turn round and go home.
  • Lee Bowyer knows he is judged on League results. Anyone turning up today expecting a stronger team are totally deluded.

Charlton players to a man struggle with fitness ? It a shame but we need a positive result on Tuesday.

We aren't playing Tuesday are we?
  • Lee Bowyer knows he is judged on League results. Anyone turning up today expecting a stronger team are totally deluded.

Charlton players to a man struggle with fitness ? It a shame but we need a positive result on Tuesday.

Not playing on Tuesday
  • That's an awful team, are Clarke and Reeves able to play 90 minutes? If not that's 2 subs from a weak bench already used.

Doesn't Fosu need minutes, or his he injured aswell? I get resting Solly and Ward, 1 of Grant or Taylor should be playing, with the other on the bench.

That's the sort of team you expect for the checkatrade not the FA Cup. Taylor must the the only player in history to score an fa Cup hatrick then left out the next game.
  • edited December 2018
    PopIcon said:

What if Donny also put their reserves out?

But they havent

They are playing 9 players who started on Tuesday and the other 2 both came off the bench.

We are playing 2 players who started on Tuesday and 2 who came off the bench(1 for 10 minutes and 1 for 1 minute)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!