Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Allez,Allez,Allez song

Comments

• Options
    That is terrible, it barely rhymes, doesn't flow well and the words don't fit in the tune

2/10
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Not sure, despite the euphoria of last week and not withstanding the huge amount of manlove and respect I have for Mssrs Bowyer & Jackson, that they should replace Sam Bartrum and Jimmy Seed just yet..
    Bartram I agree with definitely.

Jimmy South Stand is vulnerable for a takeover though...
  • Options
    I'm sure we sung a lot more than Sunderland but sitting near the middle I did feel they were much louder on the odd occasion they did sing , obviously more of their fans would know the words to their songs than our day trippers .
  • Options
    I'm sure we sung a lot more than Sunderland but sitting near the middle I did feel they were much louder on the odd occasion they did sing , obviously more of their fans would know the words to their songs than our day trippers .
    Watching it back,the atmosphere at our game seemed to carry much better on TV than the other play off finals this year.

• Options
    They were louder for sure when they did sing, think we were just dumbstruck for 30mins and preying we didn't lose to a mistake. 
    Then it was just tense, nerves, expecting et and them just disbelief with last 5 sec winner. 

Just don't think we got the perfect opportunity to get going singing. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Watching it back,the atmosphere at our game seemed to carry much better on TV than the other play off finals this year.

And the Champions League final. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Not sure, despite the euphoria of last week and not withstanding the huge amount of manlove and respect I have for Mssrs Bowyer & Jackson, that they should replace Sam Bartrum and Jimmy Seed just yet..
    Bartram I agree with definitely.

Jimmy South Stand is vulnerable for a takeover though...
    Hmm. Greatest figure in the club’s history mate. 
    You were just a big goalie ;-)
  • Options
    Don’t mind the Allez, Allez Allez, but can’t we bring back the old “Now you’re gonna believe us, the reds are going up” for us Anti-French Brexit loving old timers?
    Right.
    ‘AFKA must go
    oh oh, oh oh,
    AFKA must go
    oh oh, oh oh,

Repeat ad nauseam. 

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I don’t like the song . To much verse and not enough chorus . The chorus is great when everyone is bouncing but the rest is meh
  • Options
    I don’t like the song . To much verse and not enough chorus . The chorus is great when everyone Ian bouncing but the rest is meh
    Who's Ian?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Im also not a lover of this song as its L‘pool‘s. But since Wemberleeeeee its constantly in my head. And not knowing all the words I just do the ending ....Charlton are going up/allez allez. I’m also not sure when to sing Crocodile Rock as it’s uncannily similar (typical scousers nicking a tune) 😀
  • Options
    I think the reds are going up might need to be replaced with staying up next year
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I think the reds are going up might need to be replaced with staying up next year
    Hope we've got a new song by then....
  • Options
    top song and the soundtrack to the promotion run in - as AFKA says, if it ain't broke, don't fix it
  • Options
    “The Reds are on the up “ possibly .....
  • Options
    The song is quite rousing but the lyrics are horrendous 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    wmcf123 said:
    If they were horrendous they’d never have caught on.
    The thing that annoys me is that so many people sing Olé Olé Olé rather than Alez
    At least liverpool get it right. The amount of our fans at Wembley singing ole ole ole
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    wmcf123 said:
    The thing that annoys me is that so many people sing Olé Olé Olé rather than Alez
    At least liverpool get it right. The amount of our fans at Wembley singing ole ole ole

Lyrics are not horrendous. They include Charlton history, Charlton present, positivity and I can’t stop singing it to myself every day. 

I dont mind the ole ole ole (instead of alez) It’s the fans at Wembley (and I was surrounded) who only knew this part. I can’t get to every game but I’ve been enough times in 18/19 to get to grips with the words. I finally nailed it at Peterborough away when I could finally sing it at full volume. 
  • Options
    The original is fine as it is, what is terrible is the new versions people are trying to come up with. Change "Going up" to "Staying up" until we're in the top 6, and that's it
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Goodbye Horse caught on and unless I'm mistaken hasn't won a Grammy yet.
  • Options
    Don't change a thing, the song is class when we are in full flow, works better at the valley as we wasn't all scattered and most people know the words. Against Donny it was quality
  • Options
    quality song and made the last few games at the Valley much more enjoyable. So what if everyone sings it, pretty much the same with most football songs

embrace it
  • Options
    It's crap, but it can't be argued that we've had the best atmosphere we've have for years home and away - and I would put a lot of that down to having a song where everyone can clap along and shout Allez/Ole when appropriate.

I would have to say that Villa do it better though.
  • Options
    Think we just need to change going up to staying up for this season!
  • Options
    It's not our song; it's moronic; I can't stand it, but neither can I rid it from my head.