Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox (London, Jun 2019)

They have just published the ticket prices for the London Stadium - they're totally absurd, it deserves to be half-empty....

Comments

• Sod that. £30 for the cheapest tickets
  • Jesus I paid no where near that much when I went to see the Giants the season after their World Series win

I would have been sat around where the Premium / Cat 2 ticket prices are for this game too
  • how much would the tickets be to watch them at their own stadiums ?
  • tbh tickets are now absurd got my mum tickets for Elton john at 02 for xmas all be it the concert isn't until 2020 for the 3 of us me Mrs and mum £551.25 face value.
  • Will sell out.
  • MrOneLung said:

how much would the tickets be to watch them at their own stadiums ?

Giants v Yankees tickets in July are between $13 and $169
  • also you have to factor it its a pretty unique event, tickets for england matches at twickenham are around that and they are like golddust for any team half decent, arsenal fc tickets are nearly 100 quid for a pretty standard seat against utd, spurs, chelsea, city, liverpool - that i have more of an issue with as the pl clubs dont need the money they get so much, at least with the mentioned baseball teams they are not based here and wont play a minimum of 25 times at there home ground in as season
  • These are the prices for the next Yankees vs Red Sox match:

NYY.GIF 97.8K
  • Sponsored links:

• Are there 98,000 baseball fans in London? Come to that, in the UK?
  • WSS said:

Will sell out.

It will. Two of the three biggest teams in the game but £140 for a bleacher seat.
  • you will get fans all over europe im quite suprised by the turnouts the american football gets.
  • its not cheap but can't compare the tickets prices for this event compared to where they play about 80 home games a season.
  • Baseball is one of the few sports that makes cricket seem remotely interesting.
  • Wow. I had preregistered, but I'm not paying those prices!
  • Baseball attendances in the US have been in steady decline since the mid-2000s with no sign of a reversal.
  • Yikes those prices.
  • Oh shit I really wanted to go to this, but fuck that. £30 to sit up high, presumably where most the crowd will be. Plus the travel, and the cynical and massively overpriced stadium food and drink options.
  • The NBA at the O2 ranges from £45 to £1000 and the NFL tickets were £30 to £115, so there not that overpriced in the grand scheme of things.
  • Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:

Are there 98,000 baseball fans in London? Come to that, in the UK?

98k?

People can fly in from all over Europe to see it. The NFL sells out and so will this.

A very prestigious game, big kick in the balls having it over in London.
  • addick05 said:

Are there 98,000 baseball fans in London? Come to that, in the UK?

98k?

People can fly in from all over Europe to see it. The NFL sells out and so will this.

A very prestigious game, big kick in the balls having it over in London.
    So what you are suggesting is that people will pay for flights/accommodation/tickets etc. Will still be very impressed if they sell out. I guess some might go just for experience/curiosity but that's still a lot of money.

• It'll sell out in a heart beat, first regular season game in Europe, and as with the NFL games, it'll sell, and be full of a range of caps and shirts from loads of teams.
  • Rothko said:

It'll sell out in a heart beat, first regular season game in Europe, and as with the NFL games, it'll sell, and be full of a range of caps and shirts from loads of teams.

Is this going to be a regular feature, like the NFL at Tottenham then?

• Rothko said:

It'll sell out in a heart beat, first regular season game in Europe, and as with the NFL games, it'll sell, and be full of a range of caps and shirts from loads of teams.

Baseball doesn’t have anything like the profile that NFL does in the U.K. or Europe though.
  • Switch off, switch off, switch off

I can't

This will 100% sell out, baseball is big boys rounders, it's another sport that the US made up to give their bored populous another stupid sport to get excited about but only the US really cares about barring a few weirdos who couldn't be bothered to grow up from rounders or to understand cricket

If I was in the states I'd possibly spend 20 dollars on a ticket to a game but only, only if I was without anything else to do with my time and wanted to reinforce my view that American sporting events are grotesque corporate occasions for fat Sherman's to further hasten their heart attacks by eating their kids body weight in fast-food

• I'm more of a Springfield Isotopes kinda guy.....

Albuquerque : - )
  • Ive been looking forward to this all year. Pre registered for tickets on Monday so will be mighty pissed if they sell out cos of touts and casuals picking them up.

As for the sport, hopefully it will help the popularity in the UK.

I like cricket and baseball - but baseball has so much more depth to it imo.

But the really expensive seats are crazy expensive.
  • Not everyone can get Baseball, that's fine.

It's not obvious, like NFL, it's intricate, that's it's beauty.

This will sell out because it's a one off and there will be 60k people in Europe into the game, let alone ex-pat yanks.

I get that behind home plate and along the base lines are more expensive but the £140 seats are usually the cheap seats.

I'll wait for when the Cards come over.