Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Sahar

edited June 2007 in Rumours
Young Chelsea striker, rumoured to be coming to us on loan next season. According to the Sun.

Comments

• Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Sahar

Sounds promising if untried
  • Options
    why would we want to pay the wages of another striker ?
  • Options
    If we pay his wages then he's allowed to play for us.
  • Options
    surely we dont need another striker though and we now could have one more than we thought we'd have with db's decision...
  • Options
    Because our strike force was so potent and had so much depth last year.
  • Options
    but we've already got 3 new strikers + james walker to add in to the equation...
  • Options
    people are forgetting that lisbie will be released, it is likely pardew will get shot of marcus if someone is stupid enough to take him and however delighted we are that benty won't be a hammer next season, he may well still sign for a european-bound club like spurs or liverpool, meaning we'd have:

Luke Varney - one for the future but hasn't scored beyond league one
    Chris Iwelumo - scored in the Championship for one season only
    Chris Dickson - not scored beyond amateur football
    James Walker - did okay in league one

is anyone else a bit worried with that???
  • Options
    We have Iwelumo, Varney and Dickson. Hardly a lot.
    D. Bent will go, if you think otherwise you're deluded.
    Lisbie will go.
    I think M.Bent will go too. Possibly to Birmingham.
    James Walker i can't see really cutting it at this level. He's never really done it out on loan bar a couple of decent displays for Orient.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]people are forgetting that lisbie will be released, it is likely pardew will get shot of marcus if someone is stupid enough to take him and however delighted we are that benty won't be a hammer next season, he may well still sign for a european-bound club like spurs or liverpool, meaning we'd have:

Darren Bent - 37 goals in past two seasons.

i'm not worried!!
  • Options
    DB will be leaving, mb is useless, lisbie will go, walker isn't up to it and dickson could be well out of his depth, so Sahar would be a welcome addition. Henry do you think there's any truth to this or just more paper talk? i wouldn't mind scott sinclair either!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]people are forgetting that lisbie will be released, it is likely pardew will get shot of marcus if someone is stupid enough to take him and however delighted we are that benty won't be a hammer next season, he may well still sign for a european-bound club like spurs or liverpool, meaning we'd have:

if a player can score goals, they can do it at any level and it all comes down to the service they get...
  • Options
    doubt we'll get sinclair, he fractured his foot in the manchester united game towards the end of the season and will be out for weeks, thus missing most, if not all of the pre-season
  • Options
    We clearly don't have much money and i think Pardew will need the money we do have for a keeper and possibly Alex Song, so i can't see why he wouldn't go for a loan signing as we will need another striker. Especially one that's 'young and hungry'.
  • Options
    Dickson has never played above the 8th tier of English football. He is raw and untried.

We have to play 46 games plus cup games. Players get injuried, suspended or lose form especially if they have no one sitting on the bench pushing them. When you are chasing a game or want to finish a team off you want another striker coming off the bench

We don't even know if this guy is coming (it's only paper talk so far) but I really don't see the problem about having a young, pacey, skillful, 5,11 international striker in the squad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]doubt we'll get sinclair, he fractured his foot in the manchester united game towards the end of the season and will be out for weeks, thus missing most, if not all of the pre-season

A Chelsea mate told me that Sinclair has been promised by Mourinho he'll be part of the first team squad next season.
  • Options
    plus cup games Henry! surely 2 more games wont be that knackering for them!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]DB will be leaving, mb is useless, lisbie will go, walker isn't up to it and dickson could be well out of his depth, so Sahar would be a welcome addition. Henry do you think there's any truth to this or just more paper talk? i wouldn't mind scott sinclair either![/quote]

Honestly don't know. Richard Murray said we were HOPING to get 8/10 players and some would be on loan so 2 + 2 = ?

Pardew used the loan system last year and Birmingham and Derby did very well out of it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Dickson has never played above the 8th tier of English football. He is raw and untried.

he seemed to cope against the pl stiffs ok...i would have thought that's not a bad comparison with the quality of player he's going to come up against in the championship...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]plus cup games Henry! surely 2 more games wont be that knackering for them![/quote]

It would be funny if it wasn't so true ; - (
  • Options
    Is that the same PL stiffs that Lisbie always looks like a world beater against?
    Most ressie sides are made up of under 21s, the CCC will be a much harder and higher level
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    when we're 20 points clear in the league we won't be worried about winning any cup! as far as i'm concerned there's one mission this year and everything else is a sidenote. imagine how cool it will be to celebrate in front of Dowie, if he's still in a job?
  • Options
    We do need another striker but dont worry about cup games. Nothing to lose, would prefer saha instead!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]We do need another striker but dont worry about cup games. Nothing to lose, would prefer saha instead!

Louis Saha is out until December i think. More surgery.
  • Options
    'He is raw and untried'

Lisbie??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Sahar

he;s a bloody international and scored for israel so not that untried -
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Kevin Lisbie has more international caps
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Sahar

he;s a bloody international and scored for israel so not that untried -

Has he ever played at Burnley on a Tuesday night? : - ) Seems a real prospect but so did the last striker we got on loan from Chelsea, a Mr C Cole.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to him in the squad but young players like him go out on loan to gain experience and for the loaning club to see what he's made of.

After decades of only one apprearance by a Ben (Roberts) since Benny Fenton left we may have two playing next year.
  • Options
    Did no of you see him play against England out in Israel?

Big lump for a youngster and very pacy.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    No, never saw it but let's hope it happens
  • Options
    he's big, he's quick and certainly at youth, reserve and even international level knows where the goal is, young and hungry, how anyone can say a word against him is pretty unbelievable