Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Referee's assessor ill at Newcastle game tonight

I understand the ref's assessor taken ill is Eddie Wolstenholme who took charge of Charlton's play-off final(and indeed the semi-final at home to Ipswich).
Not because of the results in the games but I thought he was a very good ref in both games.
Hope he recovers soon.

Comments

• Options
    Best wishes to Eddie
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Early reports say he was conscious when taken to hospital.
    Get well soon Eddie.
  • Options

Get well soon Eddie

One thing you never realise is how he performs in thr Play-Off Final - Dont think he made a bad decision all game and was pretty invisible for the whole tie!!

Watched it again the other day and sure he booked 5 players in the first half.
  • Options
    Got a good reception in his last game at the Valley if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    I hope he makes the fullest possible and speediest recovery. He may be best remembered by Charlton fans for being the referee of the best domestic game of football at Wembley, but this match must have been a fantastic game to witness too.
  • Options
    Retired from ref'ing a year after the battle of brammal lane according to shortlist.com. On the aftermath of the game itself they say-

"Eventually – eventually – sanity ruled, with Warnock saying that the FA should give the points to West Brom, which they duly did. They also fined Sheffield United £10,000, Suffo £3,000, plus a six-match ban, Santos a six-match ban, Keith Curle £500 and a two-match ban and Warnock £300 for improper conduct towards the 4th official.

Georges Santos and Patrick Suffo never played for United again."