Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Valley11 said:

Aston Villa are favourites to sign Burnley and England goalkeeper Tom Heaton, who is third choice at Turf Moor. (Mirror)

Could be good news for our chances of keeping Steer.

Heaton must be gutted. Was England no1, gets injured and now not in the international set up or the Premier League. Shows why players make moves when they can.

Hopefully good news for Nick Pope that he'll come back into the team and so oust Joe Hart when he's fit again
  • Well we can all dream!
  • LOL Do we have a flags dished out stat that can be added to user profiles?
  • Valley11 said:

Aston Villa are favourites to sign Burnley and England goalkeeper Tom Heaton, who is third choice at Turf Moor. (Mirror)

Heaton must be gutted. Was England no1, gets injured and now not in the international set up or the Premier League. Shows why players make moves when they can.

Thats a lie, he was in the main 2/3 keepers at some point but was never no1
    No. It’s a mistake not a lie. Not a nice thing to post is it ? Think before you write.

Have a day off , oh no i have been flagged for saying something is a lie :smiley:

Fair point, mistake it might be, or a lie, but i was merely pointing out an error not even in a bad way... or maybe you are a bit too sensitive
  • Valley11 said:

No. It’s a mistake not a lie. Not a nice thing to post is it ? Think before you write.

Have a day off , oh no i have been flagged for saying something is a lie :smiley:

Fair point, mistake it might be, or a lie, but i was merely pointing out an error not even in a bad way... or maybe you are a bit too sensitive
    It’s just not a nice thing to write. In some circumstances calling someone a liar in print can be libellous and get you into a lot of trouble. I repeat what I said try to think before you write. It’s pretty good advice actually.

You are entitled to your opinion and i appreciate your advice, i have always been told i need to think before i speak and now write these days :(

I am not calling Valley a liar , for the record. Just the point he made, which as you have stated could just be a mistake. nothing in it really sorry if any offence has been taken...
  • edited December 2018

Valley11 said:

It’s just not a nice thing to write. In some circumstances calling someone a liar in print can be libellous and get you into a lot of trouble. I repeat what I said try to think before you write. It’s pretty good advice actually.

You are entitled to your opinion and i appreciate your advice, i have always been told i need to think before i speak and now write these days :(

I am not calling Valley a liar , for the record. Just the point he made, which as you have stated could just be a mistake. nothing in it really sorry if any offence has been taken...
    Fair enough. It could indeed have been a mistake or a difference of opinion. What it certainly wasn’t was a lie.

Flag removed

• Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Fair enough. It could indeed have been a mistake or a difference of opinion. What it certainly wasn’t was a lie.

Flag removed

Thank you, i shall sleep tonight now :wink:
    Thank God for that - I was really starting to worry about your welfare. I’ve been pacing up and down the office going out of my mind with worry.
  • Ferryman said:

YTS1978 said:

Chrispy51 said:

Croydon said:

didn't @Redhenry say he'd been told RD was going to spend big?

When he's supposedly made it clear that he wants out, why would he suddenly spend big after 4+ years of spending fuck all?
    Not trying to defend him, but he has spent decent money in his time here. Just not spent it very wisely. Reported £2m+ on Sarr, similar on Vetokele, reasonably large loan fee for Makienok, plus big wages.
    Agreed. Roland has spent a load of money on player recruitment, he's just wasted the majority if it! Wasn't Pearce close to £1m too? Ajose £800k? Can't see him putting his hand in his pocket in Jan though, unless Bauer leaves and that frees up some cash for a loan or two.
    I heard Sarr £1.4m, Igor £2.5m, Pearce £300k, Ajose £600k the latter two in the summer we were supposed to have Wilder:-)
    Sarr looks a bargain now though haha!
  • Sage said:

Tom Eaves of Gillingham is out of contract in 7 months and seeing as we were interested early in the year i would not be surprised if we made a move. He passes the height test with 4 inches to spare and we need a big lump upfront when Taylor is missing. He could also of course play upfront with him.

Firstly, if Gillingham let him go I think that could be them going down, he really is the only player ever likely to score for them.

If we were to sign him, is he good enough to play in the Championship? He is lethal at this level and could definitely be a player to help out Taylor and Grant with the goals, 3 players all ending the season on 20+ would be fantastic.

I do however doubt it will happen. Think Gillingham would rather lose him in the summer for nothing knowing they’re a League One side than lose him in January and put themselves in danger. I also can’t see us spending a penny and only loans to come in with fingers crossed Ward signing for free.
    I've seen him a couple of times - especially last season at our place when I thought he was terrific. Could he make the transition to the Championship? Well if we could get him in the Summer it might be worth a chance. To be honest I thought Karlan would struggle this season but have been pleased with his efforts - but you could pose the same question - could he perhaps be found wanting if we moved up?
  • Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Tom Eaves of Gillingham is out of contract in 7 months and seeing as we were interested early in the year i would not be surprised if we made a move. He passes the height test with 4 inches to spare and we need a big lump upfront when Taylor is missing. He could also of course play upfront with him.

Firstly, if Gillingham let him go I think that could be them going down, he really is the only player ever likely to score for them.

If we were to sign him, is he good enough to play in the Championship? He is lethal at this level and could definitely be a player to help out Taylor and Grant with the goals, 3 players all ending the season on 20+ would be fantastic.

I do however doubt it will happen. Think Gillingham would rather lose him in the summer for nothing knowing they’re a League One side than lose him in January and put themselves in danger. I also can’t see us spending a penny and only loans to come in with fingers crossed Ward signing for free.
    Ajose in a straight swop with Hackett-Fairchild on loan? If they can get Ajose scoring goals again, they could have a bargain. They may see that as better than nowt in the summer.
    Possibly, but that leaves us short up top as we don’t know how long Vetokele is out for. And to be honest, Gillingham won’t take Hackett-Fairchild on loan when he hasn’t proved anything, even in the National League. Hanlan at least scored goals at that level and has played League Two as well. A swap for Ajose is an option, but they heavily rely on Eaves backing into defenders and holding the ball up, Ajose doesn’t do that.
  • addick05 said:

Sage said:

I've seen him a couple of times - especially last season at our place when I thought he was terrific. Could he make the transition to the Championship? Well if we could get him in the Summer it might be worth a chance. To be honest I thought Karlan would struggle this season but have been pleased with his efforts - but you could pose the same question - could he perhaps be found wanting if we moved up?
    Big strikers don’t get into their prime until their late 20’s in my opinion. At 6’5” and with a good scoring record he is certainly worth a punt. I just hope he joins in January.
  • Redrobo said:

addick05 said:

Sage said:

Big strikers don’t get into their prime until their late 20’s in my opinion. At 6’5” and with a good scoring record he is certainly worth a punt. I just hope he joins in January.
    Would he move to another League one club were he may not be first choice? Does he replace Grant or Taylor?

I'm sure we can offer better wages than Gillingham but not sure we can offer a fee.
  • Redrobo said:

addick05 said:

Sage said:

Would he move to another League one club were he may not be first choice? Does he replace Grant or Taylor?

I'm sure we can offer better wages than Gillingham but not sure we can offer a fee.
    He is out of contract in June so may not be much of a fee and who knows if a player swap maybe possible. Unlikely he would sign, but he would get his fair share of minutes on the pitch one way or another.

I also don’t think it is a matter of who he replaces, but who plays better. That is why we need competition for places.
  • edited December 2018

Redrobo said:

addick05 said:

Sage said:

I would say Taylor is the fixture and then Grant/Eaves would be the interchangeable 2nd striker
  • Sponsored links:

• Millwall will probably get Eaves. We will get a left back on loan...if we are lucky.
  • How about we get Eaves and Gills can have all of Ajose, Hackett Fairchild, Sarr, Verekeole, RD and Keohane.

Six of ours in return for one of theirs.
  • Redrobo said:

Sage said:

Ajose in a straight swop with Hackett-Fairchild on loan? If they can get Ajose scoring goals again, they could have a bargain. They may see that as better than nowt in the summer.
    That's ideal but too close to football manager. Can't see Gills letting Eaves go unless it's a big offer, he's basically keeping them up
  • How about we get Eaves and Gills can have all of Ajose, Hackett Fairchild, Sarr, Verekeole, RD and Keohane.

Six of ours in return for one of theirs.

I’d happily give them that lot without anything in return.
  • I think it's quite possible Gillingham could lose Eaves just as Millwall could lose Gregory ,we could lose Taylor and Palace could lose that bloke who keeps falling over and getting penalties
  • Leeds and Aston Villa will attempt to sign Newcastle goalkeeper Karl Darlow next month. The 28-year-old has lost his place, featuring in only one match this season. (Sun)
    Villa seem to be linked with several keepers, suggesting that they don't see Steer as the answer
  • Just as with every window since the malignant reptile slithered over the Channel, every squad member has his price. If, on roly's lysergic abacus, the numbers work to the benefit of his CAFC (un)balance sheet, he'll sanction the sale. Bowyer will have to cope with whatever's left, cos y'know all footballers are interchangeable, huh?
    The highest earners must be least likely to go - they'll be due significant 'signing off' money and the likes of Sarr, Vetokele, Ajose ain't gonna attract significant fees cos of their less than stellar combinations of ability and fragility.
    Nobody should be in even the slightest doubt that Taylor, Aribo, Fosu, Pearce, Lapslie, et al will be told they're off the minute the septuagenarian shitehawk receives the requisite bid. We can only hope any of them show some Morisson/Solly like stubbornness should they not fancy the deal.
    Anything, anybody with a tenuous grasp of football might consider sensible, practical, or forward-looking simply won't register as feasible with the rotten old liar. Taylor's arrival this summer was an aberration and douchebag must be itching to rectify it.
    Merry Christmas everybody :smile:
  • edited December 2018
    I think we’ll sell a couple, terminate a loan if Ward is crocked and sign a Korean (Fu Kin Nowan)