Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• I think one of the posts above was pretty shrewd, i hope the players have got their own minds re renewing their contracts, rather than just listening to their agents (who will want them to move to earn commission).

Given the amount of injuries we pick up , any of the players who are out of contract in the summer are taking a huge risk not signing a contract, if the get a JFC type injury, no one will want them in the Summer , and they'll end up in league 2.

Surely for the sake of security you'd sign a new 2 year deal at least if you were out of contract in the summer , with a big release clause fee?
  • Agreed Bauer will go, if a Champ team offers 200k we will accept.

He doesn't have to accept though. Why move to a struggling Championship side in January when you could go somewhere better in the summer with a bigger signing on fee?
  • I think one of the posts above was pretty shrewd, i hope the players have got their own minds re renewing their contracts, rather than just listening to their agents (who will want them to move to earn commission).

Given the amount of injuries we pick up , any of the players who are out of contract in the summer are taking a huge risk not signing a contract, if the get a JFC type injury, no one will want them in the Summer , and they'll end up in league 2.

Surely for the sake of security you'd sign a new 2 year deal at least if you were out of contract in the summer , with a big release clause fee?

With Roland, you could negotiate a minor release clause fee so it would be win win.

He doesn't have to accept though. Why move to a struggling Championship side in January when you could go somewhere better in the summer with a bigger signing on fee?
    Agreed, but who says they would be struggling. Not saying they would want him now but Blackburn were interested in the summer and there are a couple of points outside the play offs. 200k is a snip these days for Championship clubs so they could probably afford to give him a decent signing on fee anyway.

Bauer is a decent defender but no world beater, if I were him and I got the opportunity to move to a decent side in January I would take it.

Agreed, but who says they would be struggling. Not saying they would want him now but Blackburn were interested in the summer and there are a couple of points outside the play offs. 200k is a snip these days for Championship clubs so they could probably afford to give him a decent signing on fee anyway.

Bauer is a decent defender but no world beater, if I were him and I got the opportunity to move to a decent side in January I would take it.
    Millwall ?

• Chrispy51 said:

Croydon said:

didn't @Redhenry say he'd been told RD was going to spend big?

When he's supposedly made it clear that he wants out, why would he suddenly spend big after 4+ years of spending fuck all?
    Not trying to defend him, but he has spent decent money in his time here. Just not spent it very wisely. Reported £2m+ on Sarr, similar on Vetokele, reasonably large loan fee for Makienok, plus big wages.
    Agreed. Roland has spent a load of money on player recruitment, he's just wasted the majority if it! Wasn't Pearce close to £1m too? Ajose £800k? Can't see him putting his hand in his pocket in Jan though, unless Bauer leaves and that frees up some cash for a loan or two.
  • Croydon said:

And you believe RD?

• Sponsored links:

• edited November 2018
    Chrispy51 said:

Croydon said:

When he's supposedly made it clear that he wants out, why would he suddenly spend big after 4+ years of spending fuck all?
    Not trying to defend him, but he has spent decent money in his time here. Just not spent it very wisely. Reported £2m+ on Sarr, similar on Vetokele, reasonably large loan fee for Makienok, plus big wages.
    This is the paradox of Duchatelet's tenure at cafc. Wouldn't pay our main man Yann kermorgant 2k extra a week but has paid large amounts on loans and other players in his 5 years.

I still feel he has cursed this club, but the sting in the tail would be if he kept Taylor, Aribo etc and brought in the 4 players in January to push us up this mediocre division.

I don't think it will happen either.
  • With that rotter Ductwat in charge we will end up with more out outs than in ins...:(
  • Dominic Iorfa and Ethan Ebanks-Landell apparently both on our radar could be very good defensive cover if true
  • edited November 2018
    FAVADDICK said:

Dominic Iorfa and Ethan Ebanks-Landell apparently both on our radar could be very good defensive cover if true

Source? Or have you just been playing footy manager/ fifa
  • edited November 2018
    However, Bowyer will likely face tough competition should he attempt to bring one, or both, of them to south London, as Luton Town and a number of others are thought to be keeping tabs on the castaways as well.

Luton really will be cursed if one of them opts to go there rather than Charlton and ends up with a broken leg!!
  • Two good players.

• YTS1978 said:

Chrispy51 said:

Croydon said:

Agreed. Roland has spent a load of money on player recruitment, he's just wasted the majority if it! Wasn't Pearce close to £1m too? Ajose £800k? Can't see him putting his hand in his pocket in Jan though, unless Bauer leaves and that frees up some cash for a loan or two.
    I heard Sarr £1.4m, Igor £2.5m, Pearce £300k, Ajose £600k the latter two in the summer we were supposed to have Wilder:-)
  • I remember seeing a rumour in the summer linking us to Ebanks-Landell. Think Iorfa would go Championship to be honest and we need a LB over a RB that’s for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• To put this into context

"The scouts were out in force as Wolves' U23s took on Aston Villa on Monday night.......The report adds that a dozen lower league clubs, including Luton, Charlton Athletic, Mansfield and Northampton Town, all had scouts in attendance with Iorfa (above) and Ebanks-Landell (below) understood to be the reason for their visit."

We may well be interested but in may well just be that we had a scout at the Villa v Wolves reserve game because that is what scouts do - watch games
  • I’m surprised those two don’t have clubs already.

Iorfa especially has already proved to be a decent squad player at Championship level. Would be impressed if he were to join.
  • If our competitors in these signings are Luton, Northampton and Mansfield I would be very disappointed if we lost out to any of them.

"The scouts were out in force as Wolves' U23s took on Aston Villa on Monday night.......The report adds that a dozen lower league clubs, including Luton, Charlton Athletic, Mansfield and Northampton Town, all had scouts in attendance with Iorfa (above) and Ebanks-Landell (below) understood to be the reason for their visit."

We may well be interested but in may well just be that we had a scout at the Villa v Wolves reserve game because that is what scouts do - watch games

Yeah but this is a rumours thread.

And also, scouts may well watch games but they can't get to every single game and with our budget I highly doubt they would go to a game where Bowyer isn't at least somewhat interested in 1/2.

‘Lower league clubs...’
    Urgh

What great company we keep these days.
  • Aston Villa are favourites to sign Burnley and England goalkeeper Tom Heaton, who is third choice at Turf Moor. (Mirror)

Could be good news for our chances of keeping Steer.

Heaton must be gutted. Was England no1, gets injured and now not in the international set up or the Premier League. Shows why players make moves when they can.