Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:

It will be announced

CAFCDAZ said:

my conversation with someone very much in the know has said bents a no, not wages more age and the "powers from above". Lee Erwin is a potential, he said 2 or 3 others also will be discussed, people that have been paid up to release.

Bents about four stone overweight
    What will be announced redhenry
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

It will be announced

CAFCDAZ said:

my conversation with someone very much in the know has said bents a no, not wages more age and the "powers from above". Lee Erwin is a potential, he said 2 or 3 others also will be discussed, people that have been paid up to release.

It’s happening!
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

It will be announced

CAFCDAZ said:

It.
  • Options
    Heard a rumour there may be a signing from Everton on a Pussman transfer...

• Options

Do you mean Bosman transfer?
  • Options
    I

Must be a hint that CatfordCat is signing for us
  • Options
    Sorry typo. Old quote must have been saved
    FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

It will be announced

CAFCDAZ said:

• Options
    edited February 2019

I

Must be a hint that CatfordCat is signing for us
    I can confirm that Peter Bonetti is signing for CAFC. Peter doesn't do social media so sent in a Litter asking for a trial. For a man off 77 he like the Cat that's got the cream.
    Our LB Purrington is grinning like a Cheshire at the prospect. I just hope he doesn't spray the ball around on goal kicks.
    Sorry I've turned into a basket case and I'm all in a flap.
    I won't milk it anymore I'm off for a cat nap.
  • Options

If you mean Bosman then surely the player needs to be a free agent not attached to any club ?

• Options

If you mean Bosman then surely the player needs to be a free agent not attached to any club ?

I make you right. He may mean ex Everton, but I cannot think of any.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pusskas
  • Options

They have to have been unattached at the end of the window, so anyone released today would be useless to us.
  • Options

He'll link up well with Purrington then
  • Options
    Gosh, some people a bit slow on the Pusskins stakes today aren't they! Well done @CatfordCat , I got it straight away! That Evertonian certainly purrs along, and showed a sharp turn of pace. Could be called Felix? If he comes to us we'll defo have got the cream!
  • Options
    Fur fucks sake!!
  • Options

CAFCDAZ said:

Age shouldn't matter to an owner that won't even get promising young players on contracts past this season. Not sure Erwin is the answer, more of a target man and hasn't scored many.
    i agree but my source (who is very credible) has said that's the case. I actually think Erwin looks a decent player. he may not be the ideal signing but his young, hungry, can score goals and also winds up opponents. we shall see.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Redhenry said:

It will be announced

CAFCDAZ said:

but his a charlton treasure ;) lol
  • Options

Theo Walcat?
  • Options
    cfgs said:

His record at this level is hot yet in the Championship he is poor, for £4 million he should be able to compete at the top of that league.

Football has moved on. Have you seen how much teams at the top end of the championship pay for strikers these days?

Assombalonga cost 15m, McCormack was about 12m. Last season Wolves were spending 10m+ on players.

Millwall sold Saville to Middlesbrough for at least 7m.

4m doesn't get you much in the championship these days.
  • Options
    No new news on any free agents we looking at ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FAVADDICK said:

Too expensive.
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

I imagine the first we'll hear about one is when they appear for the U23s!
  • Options
    fur-ther to previous, i didn't think anyone would think i was anything remotely resembling a credible source, and my apawlogies to anyone confused. (glad someone got it though)

this bbc report was the basis of my (scratching) post...
  • Options

fur-ther to previous, i didn't think anyone would think i was anything remotely resembling a credible source, and my apawlogies to anyone confused. (glad someone got it though)

this bbc report was the basis of my (scratching) post...

Don’t “milk” it
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-reveals-how-close-they-were-to-signing-bolton-ace-erhun-oztumer-and-discusses-bid-to-land-bristol-city-striker-mo-eisa/

Bowyer confirms Oztumer was going to sign on Thursday. We couldn’t find a number 9 so went for the best number 10 available who scores goals. We also tried to bring in Mo Eisa.

Parker only came available a day or two before the window closed.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-reveals-how-close-they-were-to-signing-bolton-ace-erhun-oztumer-and-discusses-bid-to-land-bristol-city-striker-mo-eisa/

Bowyer confirms Oztumer was going to sign on Thursday. We couldn’t find a number 9 so went for the best number 10 available who scores goals. We also tried to bring in Mo Eisa.

Parker only came available a day or two before the window closed.

Pity. But the real problem was that he was not given money.
  • Options
    So clubs waiting for a replacement before letting a striker go is a thing? Who wudda thunk it!
  • Options
    I don't understand why the Grant transfer took so long. This was being discussed early in the window.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I don't understand why the Grant transfer took so long. This was being discussed early in the window.

Maybe we said not until we have a replacement then Huddersfield and or Grant forced the issue?
  • Options
    Gutted we didn't get Oztumer, though Eisa would have been the priority.

Shows our naivety in the transfer market. Everyone holds on until they sign a replacement. Except us. Cheers Roland.