Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

South Western Railway

Does anyone else rely on this shitshow of a service to get themselves to work?

The standards over the last 6-12 months have been nothing short of abysmal.

Yet again today not a single service into London all day so far on the main line.

Had to travel 40 mins to another station to pile on a train you wouldn’t put cattle on.

And all combined with the ongoing RMT strike action means complete misery for commuters who are just trying to get to work.

Just kicked off on my train as a guard came round and tried to fine people for having the wrong ticket - even though the line is the only way they can get people to London.

Yes that’s right the same guards RMT have destroyed the lives of ordinary hardworking people over months of strikes to keep on board - this chap isn’t helping their cause!

All in all a total farce.

Comments

• The cancellation of all services on a non-strike morning must be a first.

There was also a reduced service on Saturday, which was less than ideal with the rugby at Twickenham.

South Western Railways - based in Hong Kong - took over the franchise just over a year ago and have been exceptionally poor. Presumably another outfit who ‘low balled’ to win the franchise, without the ability and resources to run a decent service. What a shambles our rail services have become.
  • (When I don't cycle)

Currently travelling from Wallington, and usually get Southern to Clapham Junction and then try and get on a South Western to Vauxhall. Having previously travelled from Eltham into London can say that they both appear to be equally as shit as each other.

Can walk to hackbridge and get Thames Link to Elephant and Castle, but the less said about them the better.

The meltdown they all had today is an absolute disgrace and must have been avoidable.
  • Use them every day and feels like a much worse service since the franchise change in Aug last year.
  • Caused by Network Rail engineering work overrunning, so (for all their faults) not the fault of SWR
  • Well, yes. But they have terrible comms and terrible backup measures, including things like getting trains out of depots. Anyway, as you say, another sign of our fragmented railway.
  • Well, yes. But they have terrible comms and terrible backup measures, including things like getting trains out of depots. Anyway, as you say, another sign of our fragmented railway.

All the fault of the government in the end. You get what you vote for I'm afraid. Cannot help thinking about turkeys and Christmas when people complain about the railways !

• Sack The Grayling
  • Sack The Grayling

How this tw*t survives is beyond me. He was useless at the MoJ too. Comes a close second to Bojo.