Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bread pudding

I never liked this as a child. Actually, I never liked the look of it so didn't touch it. As my tastes matured, I came to appreciate its charms.

Unfortunately, today I got one from Ayers in Nunhead and it's appalling. The bread's not been mixed in properly so lots of it is white instead of it all being deep brown from the cinnamon. It's a sad state of affairs when you're producing a product inferior to that from Greggs.

Comments

• Love a bit of bread pudding
  • I never liked this as a child. Actually, I never liked the look of it so didn't touch it. As my tastes matured, I came to appreciate its charms.

Unfortunately, today I got one from Ayers in Nunhead and it's appalling. The bread's not been mixed in properly so lots of it is white instead of it all being deep brown from the cinnamon. It's a sad state of affairs when you're producing a product inferior to that from Greggs.

Make it yourself…...hot bread pudding yes please.
  • Love a bit of bread pudding

You hungover today?
  • I never liked this as a child. Actually, I never liked the look of it so didn't touch it. As my tastes matured, I came to appreciate its charms.

Thanks for that.
  • I'm on the street I'm in the gutter
    I ain't got no bread and butter
  • Bread pudding is awesome.
    One of them things you can eat on its own or with custard and its equally delicious.

My Nan's bread pudding was legendary. To be fair, my mother-in-law's is not that far behind.
  • Bread and butter pudding surely?

With custard, scoffing it down with my mum and dad in front of a roaring fire in the late 1950's and early sixties.

I'm starting to well up now just thinking about it :blush:
  • edited November 2018
    Someone I know has an old NAAFI wagon that she takes to local classic car shows. It’s been used in various films And TV shows too. She makes the best bread pudding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Love a bit of bread pudding.
    To be fair the Greggs near my workplace usually have nice ones.
  • It's nice made with leftover hot-cross buns too
  • Local restaurant does a rum & raisin version.

Spot on!!
  • I made some bread sauce today for the roast pheasant I’m cooking for lunch tomorrow.
  • I made some bread sauce today for the roast pheasant I’m cooking for lunch tomorrow.

What time do you want us around?
  • I made an amazing bread pudding a few months ago, except I slightly ruined it by using China 5-spice instead of just cinnamon. I didn't notice that pepper was one of the 5 components. Next time I'm acting all wise on here, remind me of that
  • DOC64 said:

I made some bread sauce today for the roast pheasant I’m cooking for lunch tomorrow.

What time do you want us around?
    2pm and don’t forget to bring the Malbec 🍷
  • Charlton Park Cafe do a great bread pudding actually. It's one of my favourite desserts when done well. Much nicer than bread and butter pudding, and I like bread and butter pudding
  • Just got to have some now!
  • Bread and butter pudding surely?

With custard, scoffing it down with my mum and dad in front of a roaring fire in the late 1950's and early sixties.

I'm starting to well up now just thinking about it :blush:

Bread and butter pudding is a totally different thing, @mistrollingin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had a bowl of chocolate bread and butter pudding last week. A Delia recipe I'm told.
  • Warm bread pudding straight from the bakers shop ..my dad broke his dentures on some back in the day

Used to love the feeling you d get after eating...so full up that you'd be frightened of taking a bath in case you'd drown

Great in the winter probably about a million calories a wedge but it's not fewer calories we want it's more exercise
  • The tea hut up on blackheath does a great bread pudding
  • edited November 2018
    My mum used to make a superb one, a rarity in our house these days more's the pity. Not the healthiest treati mind you but a little bit of what you fancy shouldn't do you any harm :-)
  • Came here to escape the excitement of the van thread.
  • Uboat said:

Came here to escape the excitement of the van thread.

I'm from 'another country beat another country at Rugby ' i can hardly contain myself.
  • I think most would agree that homemade is best but should it be on its own or accompanied?
    I like it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
  • I think most would agree that homemade is best but should it be on its own or accompanied?

On its own
  • stonemuse said:

I think most would agree that homemade is best but should it be on its own or accompanied?

On its own
    So i always thought until I had some with vanilla ice cream in Boulder City and accepted the septics could teach us something about food.