Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Children in need

Good on all the people who are having their stories shared, being the recipients of treats, meeting heroes and being braver than I could ever be in sharing some incredibly powerful experiences

And good on the people getting involved from sport, entertainment and just people from tv.

Stephen Mangan is currently being an absolute gent hosting some charming kids in mastermind. The little girl with dwarfism has a beast of a Cruyf turn in her locker and was so focussed on her questions

I don't normally watch this for the selfish reason that it makes me feel terrible for the people in need of charity support and makes me feel sad rather than making me empathise and hand some money over. They can have my money, take it

Comments

• Options
    The Mastermind was really good.

David Bradley's face looked weird as he was so cheery whereas I'm used to him as Filch or Walder Frey.
  • Options
    Absolutely heartbreaking seeing the stories just now of those kids. Girl lost her dad at 12 and mum at 14 to cancer. Children in Need allowed her to have a bereavement counsellor, she just started Uni. The people that volunteer and work for probably peanuts to help people are such heroes it is so humbling. It's a brilliant charity.
  • Options
    It is both humbling and heartbreaking hearing some of the kids stories. The little boy who was worried about his poorly little sister had me in tears. And there are some fantastic people out there helping them. I urge anyone who can donate to donate what you can. It really does make a difference.
  • Options
    Watched it up until Mastermind yet went to sleep as despite enjoying it as a quiz show I thought it would be the typical celebs taking part.

Some very good stories though and the entertainment for once seemed very spot on compared to Comic and Sport Relied which has felt a bit weak in recent years