Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lisbon recommendations

Off there for three days next month and wondered if the fine people of Charlton Life had any recommendations. Picked up some great tips on here before for trips to Italy and Northern Portugal so would be great to hear any ideas of places (bars, restaurants, sights, etc ) from people on here. Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Sintra is nice a short trip out the city, there is an amazing Brazilian restaurant there called Casa Orixas.
  • Girlfriends Films are pretty good, usually a good storyline as well.
  • I’m sure someone posted the same recently.

Visit Barrio alto, the old town, listen to fado, try green wine, Belen where the pastel del nata shop is worth a visit. You’ll get addicted them.
    There is a free(?) tram that is recommended everywhere but it’s often packed and irregular.
    Amazing place!
  • + 1 for a day trip to Sintra.

Eat lots of pasteis de nata, and the seafood is great there too.

It's nearly 15 years since I went, but when I did the underground felt safe and was efficient. English was spoken widely and everyone we met was friendly.
  • Enjoy the port.

Visit Barrio alto, the old town, listen to fado, try green wine, Belen where the pastel del nata shop is worth a visit. You’ll get addicted them.
    There is a free(?) tram that is recommended everywhere but it’s often packed and irregular.
    Amazing place!

They did...few tips in here @CharltonMadrid enjoy, lovely City :smile:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3359078#Comment_3359078

Amazing place!

They did...few tips in here @CharltonMadrid enjoy, lovely City :smile:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3359078#Comment_3359078

• If you are in the Parque das Nacoes area at all, I can highly recommend Restaurante D'Avis on Av. Dom Joao II. Out of Oriente station towards the Vasco de Gama centre, cross over and turn left before the shopping centre itself and it's about 500m down on the right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Segway tour is great through the narrow pedestrian streets There is also a guided tour where you follow a driver in little two stroke open top cars. This should be done outside rush hour. I was there on a sales conference about four years ago and I was struck by how beautiful Lisbon was. You will have an amazing time.
  • If you have time head for Estoril, the Portuguese Monte Carlo, lovely town, obviously better in the summer as the sea breeze is likely to cold this time of year. Also try the local red wines they are good.
  • Off there tomorrow - many thanks for the tips. Only going for two and a half days so won´t be doing any trips out of the city, but appreciate these ideas as well. Thanks everyone and all the best.
  • Barrio Alto is definitely a place to avoid buying any gear of any description. Não, obrigado cara.
  • where is the best area to stay??