Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Trip to The Somme & Arras - July 2019

Comments

• Options
    FFS
  • Options
    Perhaps something to consider for clothing for Saturday.

I'm definitely wearing clothing ..
  • Options
    PeterGage said:
    It’s a 5.15am set off from Charlton from the bus stop in Anchor and Hope Lane opposite the SelfStore storage facility. everything you need to know is in your inbox.
    Is the pick up point the same bus-stop as that used for the Ypres visit (I am not that familiar with Anchor and Hope Lane). Thanks Neil 

yes it is
  • Options
    so it's going to be mid to late seventies temperature wise but a bit wet. ah well, shorts and tee shirt and sod the rain. At least we don't have to dodge shells and bullets …..

More importantly, the cafes and bars in Arras all have roofs
  • Options
    so it's going to be mid to late seventies temperature wise but a bit wet. ah well, shorts and tee shirt and sod the rain. At least we don't have to dodge shells and bullets …..

I was rather hoping to eat al fresco ….. or do you mean roofs/awnings outside?
  • Options
    Have a great time lads and lasses, its on my bucket list to do once the work boots are hung up.
  • Options

There's not a huge amount of places with outside dining areas, although we've never gone in the summer so may be different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I was rather hoping to eat al fresco ….. or do you mean roofs/awnings outside?
    I believe dining " in the buff" or "al fresco" as you call it, is illegal in Belgium as piping hot waffles can cause serious accidents.....
  • Options
    LargeAddick said:xs
    PeterGage said:
    It’s a 5.15am set off from Charlton from the bus stop in Anchor and Hope Lane opposite the SelfStore storage facility. everything you need to know is in your inbox.
    Is the pick up point the same bus-stop as that used for the Ypres visit (I am not that familiar with Anchor and Hope Lane). Thanks Neil 

yes it is
    Thanks Neal 
  • Options
    Predicted to be 41 degrees in Arras on Thursday so I think I’m happier with the thought of a few showers
  • Options
    Today's forecast for the weekend in Arris is 21 and rain
  • Options
    edited July 2019

just a few reminders for tomorrow :

1) 05.15am - coach departs Anchor & Hope Lane, Charlton

2) 05.45am - coach departs Ebbsfleet International

3) don't forget your PASSPORT

• Options
    Thanks Neal but you might want to take your mobile number off here and put it on the inbox group.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MadGerman said:
    In roughly 2 hours we are heading towards Arras. Really looking forward to seeing the BEF members tomorrow.
    And we of the BEF (or should that be the CEF?) look forward to seeing you, in the spirit of Christmas 1914.
  • Options
    It’s bloody typical that Saturday and Sunday are two wet days sandwiched between dry scorching weather for what has been weeks. 
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    MadGerman said:
    In roughly 2 hours we are heading towards Arras. Really looking forward to seeing the BEF members tomorrow.
    And we of the BEF (or should that be the CEF?) look forward to seeing you, in the spirit of Christmas 1914.
    surely CLEF?
  • Options
    It’s bloody typical that Saturday and Sunday are two wet days sandwiched between dry scorching weather for what has been weeks. 

and it's going to be over 70 degrees so if you take a raincoat etc you'll be sweating like anything. I'm going to take a chance and just get wet.
  • Options
    Come on lads, no complaining about the weather, the troops had to put up with whatever mother nature threw at them.
  • Options

and it's going to be over 70 degrees so if you take a raincoat etc you'll be sweating like anything. I'm going to take a chance and just get wet.
    Blokes like you are what you need in the trenches
  • Options
    Looking forward to the trip and the company. Early night tonight.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the trip and the company. Early night tonight.
    Me too mate. Looking forward to the tours/talks and there’s some really nice bars to have a few drinks in on Saturday night.