Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Copa Libertadores final

Comments

• How did that end up in an indirect free kick in the box? Think I’ve only ever seen that given for a pass back
  • Do they not do penalties in this competition?

It wasnt a foul but how can the ref give an indirect free kick in the box for a foul
  • se9addick said:

How did that end up in an indirect free kick in the box? Think I’ve only ever seen that given for a pass back

Clearing the ball too hard.
  • Hope you enjoy. For a supposedly poor country how do they afford such huge support at short notice . Even at world cups there was more, Argentina, Costa Rica, Colombia, Brazil fans than most of Europe .

I was expecting only about 1000 there.
  • I don't know if we've all got the same commentator, but I'm finding his accent fascinating. Really doing something with the letter 'r'.
  • Dangerous play - indirect free kick
    If he makes contact it’s a penalty
  • Dangerous play - indirect free kick
    If he makes contact it’s a penalty

Ah right, cheers
  • Ridiculous challenge
  • Straight red for me.
  • This isnt going well for Boca now.

Red card
    1 player carrying an injury
    Now keeper down injured and used all 3 subs
  • Sponsored links:

• If this goes to penalties I really hope more than 1 is missed

Imagine if 9 out of 10 are scored, whoever misses wouldnt be able to return to Argentina
  • Half and half scarf. Unbelievable.
  • God that is some atmosphere
  • se9addick said:

God that is some atmosphere

Was going to say why have the TV company turned down the crowd noise.
  • Lol this game is mental.
  • This Boca ‘keeper is a nutter!
  • Cruel, I think Boca are my new second team!
  • Shades of Grant with thay goal
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Cool - trying to have a quiet Saturday night because of the early start for Mansfield so this is good news.

Agree, would love to see it live - Boca Juniors stadium is on my bucket list.

That being said, whenever I’ve tried to watch South American club football (Brazilian games/highlights seem to be on Sky every now and then) it’s generally terrible.

This match definitely exceeded my previously low expectations!
  • Thought it was hilarious when the 'keeper moaning of cramp a few minutes previously decided he wanted to dribble to the halfway line when his team were a goal down. Total nutcase.
  • edited December 2018
    Hoping there's no trouble after the game now. Hardly any real neutrals - everyone seemed to be in either Boca or River colours but don't know if they came from Argentina or live here as there are lots of fan groups based in Spain.
  • Hope you enjoy. For a supposedly poor country how do they afford such huge support at short notice . Even at world cups there was more, Argentina, Costa Rica, Colombia, Brazil fans than most of Europe .

The actual ticket allocation for fans based in Buenos Aires was quite small, something like 4-5k per club. I saw it reported that they estimate close to 90k Argies live in Spain though so i'd guess a lot of them got tickets. Then of course there will have been plenty of neutral fans like @CharltonMadrid who got a ticket.
  • Thought it was hilarious when the 'keeper moaning of cramp a few minutes previously decided he wanted to dribble to the halfway line when his team were a goal down. Total nutcase.

The commentator made a mistake there. River's keeper had the cramp, Boca's did the hurried dribbling.

In Ecuador I have seen a keeper run up to take a free kick then go down with cramp though.
  • Bloody onion bargies
  • The through ball for Boca goal, and the finish for River second, just, well, sexy
  • Not seen that replay that they did of freezing the game and scanning around just at the point of a goal being scored before.

Good game to watch bar all the theatricals. The sending off, deserved, changed the game although River had been coming into it more and more.