Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Igor and Josh out for 3-4 months

Comments

• Big blow but do not panic,Clarke coming back,Lapslie chompling at the bit,Baur back soon,all is not lost.

Reeco played today as well.

Taylor will struggle to get his place back if RHF is given his chance in the next three games.
    Really? Set's description was "meh"
    In a game against a Cat A academy which finished 0 - 0 and when RHF is just coming back from injury and only played half a game.

• Bowyer said Taylor wouldn't play but he did.

Cullen back for Bristol Rovers
  • Until Duchatelet goes, this will continue to happen.

He is a curse I tell thee.
  • I reckon Ducktape will get his cheque book out in January to bolster the squad.

The Aussies, er Saudis, er Mike Ashley, er whoever will own us by then...
  • Real bad luck for both players, especially Igor who only came back from his last injury in September.

For every set back a door opens for someone else. Time for the likes of Ajose or Morgan to step up and grasp this opportunity.
  • That's a choker. One would have been unfortunate, two players with the same injury in the same game is spectacularly and outrageously awful luck
  • Bad luck, or something about the conditions? Firm pitch, or oppo players going in harder on shoulder to shoulder contact?
  • We never seem to get players injured for one or two games.
    Our injuries all seem to be for months at a time.
    Bowyer has a tough job on his hands with Roland as our owner.
    These injuries are making his job almost impossible.
  • iaitch said:

One thing after another.

Settled back four then Bauer is out for weeks, get over that and then Page is out yet again, just get the ball rolling again and Cullen out for months.

Tests the depth of the squad which still isn't that deep. Presume Pratley will adopt Cullen's role?

Cullen has been eccellent, and Pratley can't replace his skill set.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm blaming the 4G training pitches.. well people do fall over on them right?

:(

What rotten (Roland) luck LB is having
  • That’s crappy news.
  • razil said:

I'm blaming the 4G training pitches.. well people do fall over on them right?

:(

What rotten (Roland) luck LB is having

No 4g pitch at Walsall
  • Big blow on both fronts, but especially Cullen. Bielik look good there but I think Cullen's work goes underappreciated. He's just so good on the ball, keeps things ticking along and moves the ball well. Bielik is the better defensive player but Cullen is no slouch.

When Prately has played as the defensive midfielder he's looked very poor and lacks the tactical discipline. Saw Morgan mentioned, he's an attacking midfielder. Reeves would be an interesting one. It's not a natural role obviously but he's got a good footballing brain and looks so much better moving the ball from deep.

The other option is Taylor Maloney, who I'm always impressed by whenever I see him. A neat and tidy player, not brilliant defensively but not terrible, good on the ball and keeps play ticking over. A similar style to that base of the diamond role as Cullen, though obviously not as good.

You can't blame Roland for everything. None of these long term injuries (the 2 shoulders and 2 cruciates) can be blamed on him or the way is being run
  • Bloody bollocks.
  • I really hope the crowd support the likes of Lapsie, Morgan, Maloney,Sarr, Dijksteel and Ajose because they will be in the18 man squad on a regular basis for the rest of season.
    The Douchebag curse is real.
  • I'm being optimistic but I'd be surprised if both are out for 3 months

You can't blame Roland for everything. None of these long term injuries (the 2 shoulders and 2 cruciates) can be blamed on him or the way is being run
    I will blame Roland for any misfortune we have until he has gone.
    I thank you.
  • Bauer is likely to be back for the Swansea game

I expect the BFG to be sold in the January window
  • Sponsored links:

• Igor we'll survive without, Cullen is a massive loss though.
  • I'm being optimistic but I'd be surprised if both are out for 3 months

More likely six.
  • I think the diamond will have to go until the right people are fit. 4-4-2 with the energy of Aribo and Lapslie central, may give Fosu his mojo back. Perhaps when Bauer and Clarke are fit, Beliek can advance.
  • Surprised there’s not been much mention of Dijksteel. He could finally get a chance in midfield. Can’t see Morgan or Lapslie playing Cullen’s role, and I’m not sure Bowyer would play Aribo or Reeves there either.
  • Chris Powell also suffering from an injury blight.
    We seem to be leading the way, sadly.
  • edited November 2018
    If Pratley (and Bowyer rates him highly) can consistently play to the level he did at Walsall either he or Bielik (when Bauer returns) are the obvious replacements for Cullen.
  • Cullen should be back in mid to late Jan if the OS report is correct
  • People on here were shutting me down when saying about a dislocated shoulder can be 10-16 weeks, make fun all you like now, it’s crap news but I knew what I am talking about.

A dislocated shoulder doesn’t just involve it popping out and back in, or a weakness in strength, it can tear smaller structures, it can weaken an area they ow know was already weak. They both will need to recover from the trauma through a period of immobilisation. They’ll need to really build the strength of the structures around it and make it better than it was before. It’s not a quick thing, oh 6 weeks out and that’s that. We won’t see Igor or Cullen until February, would be my guess.

It’s crap, it’s damaging for our season and promotion hopes. But we must get on and hope that we have enough to get through without them until they’re back.
  • Cullen is a huge loss - the guy turns in consistently high level performances and is a manager’s dream.

Bielik (once Bauer is back) and Pratley are possible replacements but I do feel that the answer is under Bowyer’s nose in Anfernee Djiksteel.

I know that we’re short in the fullback positions, but why not give this lad a run out in his proper position, whether on Sunday or against Swansea ?
  • Blucher said:

Cullen is a huge loss - the guy turns in consistently high level performances and is a manager’s dream.

Bielik (once Bauer is back) and Pratley are possible replacements but I do feel that the answer is under Bowyer’s nose in Anfernee Djiksteel.

I know that we’re short in the fullback positions, but why not give this lad a run out in his proper position, whether on Sunday or against Swansea ?

Can’t be doing that - he might get injured.