Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v United States / Croatia

Comments

• Options
    COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Things looking very good for us when you consider the likes of Alexander-Arnold, Shaw, Alli, Lingard and Sancho were all subs.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the tactics today - Croatia couldn't live with our pace - they decided to play deeper to mitigate the threat which also lowered their threat. But they had no choice and backed themselves to take one of the few chances they would get. I think they got that right even if their goal was a bit lucky.

England were not getting enough bodies into the box, but when they changed things and started to do so, they got their goal. Again a bit lucky but overall was a deserved victory and a good game.
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

BBC gave Gomez man of the match.

He played well but probably would have given it to Stones myself, purely for the fact that Gomez really did get away with what looked a penalty
  • Options
    I think it was a team performance above all else. A man of the match didn't really jump out at you. Switzerland v Belgium tonight should be interesting.
  • Options
    Having watched back the Highlights below I have to admit I dont think I ever seen Wembley truly rocking for an England game like that for the last 10mins

Its been the one fault of the new National Stadium, certainly need more days like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG3rw4GL4ok
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think it was a team performance above all else. A man of the match didn't really jump out at you. Switzerland v Belgium tonight should be interesting.

Or maybe not. All over after 21 mins
  • Options

Not all over, 2-2 now.
  • Options
    Ha ha. What do I know.
  • Options

Having watched back the Highlights below I have to admit I dont think I ever seen Wembley truly rocking for an England game like that for the last 10mins

Its been the one fault of the new National Stadium, certainly need more days like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG3rw4GL4ok

I was at this and the Spain match. I won't go as far as to say an excellent atmosphere at both but miles better than any England game I've been to at Wembley. They got the pricing right as well, £60 for both matches so well done to the FA for that, being on weekends helped but definitely a big improvement and hopefully this encourages more to go and get behind the team. Really enjoyed watching and following England for the past 12 months, just hope it continues for a while yet.
  • Options
    Any one no the dates for Portugal
  • Options
    cazo said:

5th to the 9th June
  • Options
    Thanks mate👍
  • Options
    Any idea what cities
  • Options
    cazo said:

Any idea what cities

Porto and Guimaraes are the reported Cities yet havent been confirmed as yet
  • Options
    👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

johnny73 said:

He played well but probably would have given it to Stones myself, purely for the fact that Gomez really did get away with what looked a penalty
    Looked it at first but on the replay could see it was a terrible dive and I don't know how he got away without a booking. Even the stone cold calm Gomez was having a word.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Chunes said:

Get a striker on who looks like scoring

Wilson for Kane perhaps?
    Yeah. We've yet to create a chance this half. Haven't even seen him touch the ball.

Harry Fade AKA The Great Unsubsitutable One
    You were saying!!!
  • Options
    Is there an echo in here?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    cazo said:

Anyone know
  • Options
    Redweb said:

Not all over, 2-2 now.
    ?

• Options

cazo said:

Anyone know

cazo said:

5th to the 9th June
  • Options
    Chunes said:

johnny73 said:

Looked it at first but on the replay could see it was a terrible dive and I don't know how he got away without a booking. Even the stone cold calm Gomez was having a word.
    The telling thing was that Gomez's foot was on the ground below the Croatian's. Definitely no penalty.
  • Options
    Bet Southgate's chances of winning SPOTY Coach of the Year have just increased a little

As too the Team of the Year for the England Team
  • Options
    Still buzzing from yesterday - despite the defeat in the semi final in Moscow it's been an unexpectedly great year to be an England fan. There was also a bit of a hangover after that semi final loss - that we had been gifted an almost certainly 'never to be repeated' route to the final and probably missed our chance to win the bloody world cup. That may be true, but we are also starting to see signs of a young team with a winning mentality, and a bit of creativity and aplomb about them that will infuriate our neighbours in Scotland and Wales. There's no automatic right to win a world cup or Euros, and the usual biggies like France, Germany and Argentina will always be there, but suddenly after the misery of the last few ears, we can at least dream of something big - when Hodgeson was in charge it was a trip back to the days of Graham Taylor, and a team confident it would never be more than second class. Now, who knows, but it's nice to look forward to England matches again. I'd forgotten the feeling.
  • Options
    You could make a strong case for saying that the route to winning the Nations League is harder than winning the World Cup!